PDA

View Full Version : CZ-83 At AIM

ltorlo64
02-22-2017, 08:59 AM
What a bother! I have been wanting to get a CZ-83 as a complimentary piece to my CZ-82, and possibly to give to my daughter when she is ready for a gun. I have been watching the sites for over 4 years waiting for them to show up. Now, when I am less than 20 days from moving from DC to Washington state and they are available at AIM! What lousy timing. I would order it if I was not moving. Now, in order to order it I have to find a new FFL that will store the gun for a month until I am settled. I have looked a little but the place I found wants $50 to do the transfer! What's worse is the guy is a friend and I think that price is outrageous. I have a lead on a couple of FFLs that charge about half that for the transfer so I might see if I can work a deal with one of them. Why couldn't this have been available a month or two ago!!!

Schuetzenman
02-23-2017, 09:03 PM
Ummm.... Shit happens?

kimberkid
02-23-2017, 10:06 PM
Be careful what you wish for?

ltorlo64
02-23-2017, 11:06 PM
That is what I get for looking at advertisements when I knew I couldn't buy!

FunkyPertwee
02-24-2017, 01:56 AM
Ouch!

I know that feel.

ltorlo64
02-24-2017, 09:58 AM
I found a FFL in Washington that will hold the gun till I get there, only $25 for the transfer and no fee for holding the gun, so I ordered it last night (my wife will not be happy!). The FFL did tell me that Washington state now requires the collection of a fee, equal to the state sales tax, for all guns ordered from an out of state business but ran through a Washington FFL. I used to look forward to retiring in Washington, I am starting to look at retiring to somewhere else. Idaho, Texas, Oklahoma, all come to mind as good places to go. Maybe New Hampshire, but it is very cold there.

ltorlo64
02-24-2017, 09:59 AM
I also did some looking and the mags I have for the CZ-82 are the same as the ones used in the CZ-83 but they hold one less round (12 instead of 13). I consider that a bonus!

Schuetzenman
02-25-2017, 10:19 AM
I found a FFL in Washington that will hold the gun till I get there, only $25 for the transfer and no fee for holding the gun, so I ordered it last night (my wife will not be happy!). The FFL did tell me that Washington state now requires the collection of a fee, equal to the state sales tax, for all guns ordered from an out of state business but ran through a Washington FFL. I used to look forward to retiring in Washington, I am starting to look at retiring to somewhere else. Idaho, Texas, Oklahoma, all come to mind as good places to go. Maybe New Hampshire, but it is very cold there.

TX no income tax. TN, no income tax. GA, income tax but very NFA and gun friendly. CCW permits are less than $100 for 5 years in most counties. Not so cold here, especially in the south part of the state.

kimberkid
02-25-2017, 12:26 PM
In terms of taxes, I think Kansas has 2 problems ...

1)We have 105 counties, so there is a lot of duplication of services ... we could easily drop 100 counties, and have just 5 county seats ... now with the computer age most things could be done on line and would save hundreds of thousands (if not millions) of dollars

2) We have too many government and religious entities that don't pay taxes.

They tax everything here in Kansas ... you are taxed to make the money(income), spend the money(sales tax), save the money(tax on interest or investments), land/home and cars tax (Personal property tax) ... I think we even have a death tax(inheritance tax) ...

... But we are gun friendly!

ltorlo64
02-25-2017, 05:26 PM
I am glad I ordered when I did. I ordered on Thursday and it was shipped on Friday. I looked at the site this morning and the CZ-83 advertisement was taken down! Looks like I got one of the last they had!

Thanks Sheutz and Kimberkid for the information. Kansas would be interesting as they also have great pheasant hunting and I love pheasant hunting. Georgia has the hot, hot, hot, humid summers which are a detractor, but it is, for the moment a liberty loving state. I could go there if there was a good job when I retire.