PDA

View Full Version : Petition to hit

Krupski
03-01-2017, 08:33 PM
Hi all,

Please hit this: https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/clarify-terminology-currently-use

...and if you agree, post the link on your Facebook or Twitter accounts (I can't since I don't have any "social media" accounts).

Thanks.

alismith
03-01-2017, 08:45 PM
Signed it, but it sounds a lot like using PC to fight PC. However, I do understand why it's being done. Hopefully, the White House will agree with it.

Krupski
03-01-2017, 09:06 PM
Signed it, but it sounds a lot like using PC to fight PC. However, I do understand why it's being done. Hopefully, the White House will agree with it.

Not really. I think it's a real problem (and one which unwittingly gives the enemy ammo to use against us).

"Immigrants", by definition cannot be "illegal".

My grandparents came here from Europe. They came here the legal way and became American citizens.

When you call an "illegal" an "illegal immigrant" or an "undocumented immigrant" and then try to stop them from entering our Country illegally, it's so easy to strum the heart strings of the American public, claiming that "America is made of immigrants and it's wrong to stop immigration".

Well no shit it would be bad to stop LEGAL IMMIGRATION. The immigration system has worked just fine for over 200 years and nobody that I know has anything against legal immigration.

But, when people wrongly apply the term "immigrant" to an "illegal alien", it just makes it easier to whine and cry about "stopping immigration" and most people agree with it because they don't know the difference between an "illegal" and an "immigrant".

These are IMMIGRANTS:
http://macaulay.cuny.edu/eportfolios/peopling2013italian/files/2013/04/Italian-woman-immigrant-with-children.jpg

These are ILLEGALS:
http://godfatherpolitics.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/illegalImmigration.jpg

Any questions?

rci2950
03-01-2017, 09:08 PM
done

rci2950
03-01-2017, 09:10 PM
It says only one person signed it... If i signed it and alismith signed it then whats up with that?

Krupski
03-01-2017, 09:21 PM
It says only one person signed it... If i signed it and alismith signed it then whats up with that?

I noticed that. I just put it up. Maybe it's got to be approved by a moderator first? (and if so, I hope the votes it got so far are kept).

ltorlo64
03-02-2017, 05:18 AM
It showed 3 when I signed it, so now it is up to 4.

As to the point of the petition, I point this out continuously to people, especially the part about mixing terms being used to purposely cause confusion.

videodon
03-02-2017, 12:25 PM
...did it...:)

stevelyn
03-03-2017, 08:27 AM
Did it.

ltorlo64
03-04-2017, 08:04 AM
You need to better advertise this. I just posted to my FB feed, hopefully that will help.

ltorlo64
03-04-2017, 08:41 AM
Already receiving positive feedback! Hopefully this will turn into more signatures.

Krupski
03-04-2017, 05:27 PM
You need to better advertise this. I just posted to my FB feed, hopefully that will help.

I don't have a FB account, but my wife does and she posted it. It's gaining some traction (and some liberal hate as expected).

I just wish there were some way to get this simple idea directly to the President.

But obviously, he's got a ton of things on his plate, not to mention the libtards working to derail his efforts at every turn.