PDA

View Full Version : Gerald Celente and his predictions for 2012. (food riots, ect)

El Jefe
10-23-2010, 09:38 AM
This has come up a few times in other threads but we haven't really delved into it as a topic and tried to reason out why this might happen or how to prepare for such an occurrence.

I don't personally know much about Celente, in fact I'd never heard of him before 2008. I know he has made several predictions in the past and supposedly several have been accurate, tho I can't really verify any of it very well.

Anyway, it might be interesting to look at both the actual prediction and what to do about it if you believe it might come to pass. :)

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Celente Predicts Revolution, Food Riots, Tax Rebellions By 2012

Paul Joseph Watson
Prison Planet.com
Thursday, November 13, 2008

The man who predicted the 1987 stock market crash and the fall of the Soviet Union is now forecasting revolution in America, food riots and tax rebellions – all within four years, while cautioning that putting food on the table will be a more pressing concern than buying Christmas gifts by 2012.

Gerald Celente, the CEO of Trends Research Institute, is renowned for his accuracy in predicting future world and economic events, which will send a chill down your spine considering what he told Fox News this week.

Celente says that by 2012 America will become an undeveloped nation, that there will be a revolution marked by food riots, squatter rebellions, tax revolts and job marches, and that holidays will be more about obtaining food, not gifts.

“We’re going to see the end of the retail Christmas….we’re going to see a fundamental shift take place….putting food on the table is going to be more important that putting gifts under the Christmas tree,” said Celente, adding that the situation would be “worse than the great depression”.

“America’s going to go through a transition the likes of which no one is prepared for,” said Celente, noting that people’s refusal to acknowledge that America was even in a recession highlights how big a problem denial is in being ready for the true scale of the crisis.

Celente says that by 2012 America will become an undeveloped nation, that there will be a revolution marked by food riots, squatter rebellions, tax revolts and job marches, and that holidays will be more about obtaining food, not gifts.

Celente, who successfully predicted the 1997 Asian Currency Crisis, the subprime mortgage collapse and the massive devaluation of the U.S. dollar, told UPI in November last year that the following year would be known as “The Panic of 2008,” adding that “giants (would) tumble to their deaths,” which is exactly what we have witnessed with the collapse of Lehman Brothers, Bear Stearns and others. He also said that the dollar would eventually be devalued by as much as 90 per cent.

The consequence of what we have seen unfold this year would lead to a lowering in living standards, Celente predicted a year ago, which is also being borne out by plummeting retail sales figures.

The prospect of revolution was a concept echoed by a British Ministry of Defence report last year, which predicted that within 30 years, the growing gap between the super rich and the middle class, along with an urban underclass threatening social order would mean, “The world’s middle classes might unite, using access to knowledge, resources and skills to shape transnational processes in their own class interest,” and that, “The middle classes could become a revolutionary class.”

In a separate recent interview, Celente went further on the subject of revolution in America.

“There will be a revolution in this country,” he said. “It’s not going to come yet, but it’s going to come down the line and we’re going to see a third party and this was the catalyst for it: the takeover of Washington, D. C., in broad daylight by Wall Street in this bloodless coup. And it will happen as conditions continue to worsen.”

“The first thing to do is organize with tax revolts. That’s going to be the big one because people can’t afford to pay more school tax, property tax, any kind of tax. You’re going to start seeing those kinds of protests start to develop.”

“It’s going to be very bleak. Very sad. And there is going to be a lot of homeless, the likes of which we have never seen before. Tent cities are already sprouting up around the country and we’re going to see many more.”

“We’re going to start seeing huge areas of vacant real estate and squatters living in them as well. It’s going to be a picture the likes of which Americans are not going to be used to. It’s going to come as a shock and with it, there’s going to be a lot of crime. And the crime is going to be a lot worse than it was before because in the last 1929 Depression, people’s minds weren’t wrecked on all these modern drugs – over-the-counter drugs, or crystal meth or whatever it might be. So, you have a huge underclass of very desperate people with their minds chemically blown beyond anybody’s comprehension.”

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Here's a link to the text I've posted, yeah it's from Prison Planet, and yeah Alex Jones is a fucking kook, who believes or at least spouts, every damned conspiracy theory known to man, but I wanted to use text vs video. :tongue:

http://www.infowars.com/celente-predicts-revolution-food-riots-tax-rebellions-by-2012/

Here's a link to Celente's web site.

http://www.trendsresearch.com/index.htm

AK_Apostle
10-23-2010, 04:58 PM
The Trilateral Commission is intended to be the vehicle for multinational consolidation of the commercial and banking interests by seizing control of the political government of the United States. The Trilateral Commission represents a skillful, coordinated effort to seize control and consolidate the four centers of power political, monetary, intellectual and ecclesiastical. What the Trilateral Commission intends is to create a worldwide economic power superior to the political governments of the nationstates involved. As managers and creators of the system ,they will rule the future."

U.S. Senator Barry Goldwater in his l964 book: "With No Apologies".

The above quote from a patriot like Senator Barry Goldwater makes me think what's happened in the last few years is a systematic plan by the worlds power brokers to gain control of the world.

Celente is predicting an event which has been written about by folks with impeccable credentials for years.

El Jefe
10-23-2010, 05:09 PM
The Trilateral Commission is intended to be the vehicle for multinational consolidation of the commercial and banking interests by seizing control of the political government of the United States. The Trilateral Commission represents a skillful, coordinated effort to seize control and consolidate the four centers of power political, monetary, intellectual and ecclesiastical. What the Trilateral Commission intends is to create a worldwide economic power superior to the political governments of the nationstates involved. As managers and creators of the system ,they will rule the future."

U.S. Senator Barry Goldwater in his l964 book: "With No Apologies".

The above quote from a patriot like Senator Barry Goldwater makes me think what's happened in the last few years is a systematic plan by the worlds power brokers to gain control of the world.

Celente is predicting an event which has been written about by folks with impeccable credentials for years.

Perhaps, but that doesn't do us much good, even if true. What might be a better idea is to rethink normal preparedness and try and watch for signs, as in the food distribution system having issues and what might cause said issues. Other than run away fuel costs, massive drought or blight, I'm not sure what could cause what he's warning against.

Thoughts?

O.S.O.K.
10-23-2010, 05:20 PM
I think we can all see the reasons for his concern and predictions developing before our eyes. I think in fact that we are all in shock - to a degree and in a state of denial to some extent.
----------------
ETA: I mean, we are now aware of the ponzi scheme that the union pension plans are. Ask youself how long would it take for a nation-wide truckers strike if the International Brotherhood of Teamsters penion plan is declared insolvent? UPS recently bought out their plan to the tune of $6.1Billion IIRC. Why? I think because they saw the writting on the wall.

Even a 20% reduction in trucking will result in outages on the shelves at the supermarket - this will freak people out and hoarding will commence - causing outs on everything else begining with rice and beans and spam...
----------------
After all, we've none of us ever seen this country not handle a bad situation with aplomb, so it seems silly to worry about this situation.

But I think this is different - much different. It may indeed be a managed situation - we know that there are people that would like a one world government - hell Bush one used to talk openly about a new world order...

But I think its too big of a task for any group of people - regardless of their resources to manage and manipulate with any kind of certainty. And at some point they give away their hand.

As to how to prepare?

Well, ideally, I would like to have an acreage next to a national forest or BLM lands out west - in the mountains with complete self-suffient means. Water, power, food source, etc. If I could figure a way to do that, I would. But like all here, I have to face the reality of responsibilities to family and ongoing need for income.

AK_Apostle
10-23-2010, 05:25 PM
EXCERPTS FROM SENATOR JESSE HELMS' SPEECH BEFORE THE SENATE, ON 15 DECEMBER, 1987, WARNING AGAINST THE NEW WORLD ORDER:

"This campaign against the American people -against traditional American culture and values - is systematic psychological warfare. It is orchestrated by a vast array of interests comprising not only the Eastern establishment but also the radical left. Among this group we find the Department of State, the Department of Commerce, the money center banks and multinational coporations, the media, the educational establishment, the entertainment industry, and the large tax-exempt foundations.

Mr. President, a careful examination of what is happening behind the scenes reveals that all of these interests are working in concert with the masters of the Kremlin in order to create what some refer to as a New World Order. Private organizations such as the Council on Foreign Relations, the Royal Institute of International Affairs, the Trilateral Commission, the Dartmouth Conference, the Aspen Institute for Humanistic Studies, the Atlantic Institute, and the Bilderberger Group serve to disseminate and to coordinate the plans for this so-called New World Order in powerful business, financial, academic, and official circles. . . .

The psychological campaign that I am describing, as I have said, is the work of groups within the Eastern establishment, that amorphous amalgam of wealth and social connections whose power resides in its control over our financial system and over a large portion of our industrial sector. The principal instrument of this control over the American economy and money is the Federal Reserve System. The policies of the Industrial sectors, primarily the multinational corporations, are influenced by the money center banks through debt financing and through the large blocks of stock controlled by the trust departments of the money center banks.

Anyone familiar with American history, and particularly American economic history, cannot fail to notice the control over the Department of State and the Central Intelligence Agency which Wall Street seems to exercise.... The influence of establishment insiders over our foreign policy has become a fact of life in our time. This pervasive influence runs contrary to the real long-term national security of our Nation. It is an influence which, if unchecked, could ultimately subvert our constitutional order.

The viewpoint of the establishment today is called globalism. Not so long ago, this viewpoint was called the "one-world" view by its critics. The phrase is no longer fashionable among sophisticates; yet, the phrase "one-world" is still apt because nothing has changed in the minds and actions of those promoting policies consistent with its fundamental tenets.

Mr. President, in the globalist point of view, nation-states and national boundaries do not count for anything. Political philosophies and political principles seem to become simply relative. Indeed, even constitutions are irrelevant to the exercise of power. Liberty and tyranny are viewed as neither necessarily good nor evil, and certainly not a component of policy.

In this point of view, the activities of international financial and industrial forces should be oriented to bringing this one-world design - with a convergence of the Soviet and American systems as its centerpiece - into being. . . . All that matters to this club is the maximization of profits resulting from the practice of what can be described as finance capitalism, a system which rests upon the twin pillars of debt and monopoly. This isn't real capitalism. It is the road to economic concentration and to political slavery."

[Most world leaders and statesmen, yes like Senator Jesse Helms, one of the most vocal opponents of the New World Order, Chairman of the US Senate Committee on Foreign Relations, dedicated anti-Communistic, devoted defender of the military, and seeming advocate of evermore military spending, coming from the industrial / military complex, well understand the threat to democracy wrought by the "financial powers and interests". The problem is that the above statement offers no alternative solution to the nuclear threat.]

We need to have the NWO types (and we all know who they are) indicted. Trying to put together enough food water ammo and medicines and other provisions will work for awhile but can't and won't last forever.. The only way to insure our freedoms and futures is to bring NWO pushing elitists to justice.

El Jefe
10-23-2010, 05:45 PM
I think we can all see the reasons for his concern and predictions developing before our eyes. I think in fact that we are all in shock - to a degree and in a state of denial to some extent.
----------------
ETA: I mean, we are now aware of the ponzi scheme that the union pension plans are. Ask youself how long would it take for a nation-wide truckers strike if the International Brotherhood of Teamsters penion plan is declared insolvent? UPS recently bought out their plan to the tune of $6.1Billion IIRC. Why? I think because they saw the writting on the wall.

Even a 20% reduction in trucking will result in outages on the shelves at the supermarket - this will freak people out and hoarding will commence - causing outs on everything else begining with rice and beans and spam...
----------------
After all, we've none of us ever seen this country not handle a bad situation with aplomb, so it seems silly to worry about this situation.

But I think this is different - much different. It may indeed be a managed situation - we know that there are people that would like a one world government - hell Bush one used to talk openly about a new world order...

But I think its too big of a task for any group of people - regardless of their resources to manage and manipulate with any kind of certainty. And at some point they give away their hand.

As to how to prepare?

Well, ideally, I would like to have an acreage next to a national forest or BLM lands out west - in the mountains with complete self-suffient means. Water, power, food source, etc. If I could figure a way to do that, I would. But like all here, I have to face the reality of responsibilities to family and ongoing need for income.

Strikes by Teamsters would be a problem, but I'd think independent trucking firms and company owned trucking could keep things from getting to where Celente is taking it. I'd think it would take multiple factors converging at once to do what he's talking about.

Luckily my plans will help in this regard assuming the time line doesn't dick me. SHTF or no, I'm getting a place in the boonies and want to do some gardening and animal husbandry, so we should be able to at least eat. I've been looking for an acreage on one of the rivers and at least close to conservation land for the obvious reasons.

You know, even if a guy could only buy like 5 acres, if it was in the toolies and near conservation land or a National forest you'd be in decent shape.

O.S.O.K.
10-23-2010, 05:50 PM
I'm in the food business and know a thing or two about distribution and the effect of even short term outs. If the teamsters strike, the independents won't be able to take up the slack...

El Jefe
10-23-2010, 05:53 PM
I'm in the food business and know a thing or two about distribution and the effect of even short term outs. If the teamsters strike, the independents won't be able to take up the slack...

Are the drivers for outfits like Walmart, ect, Teamsters?

O.S.O.K.
10-23-2010, 06:20 PM
That's not the point. Everything and I mean everything is distributed first to a warehouse or DC (walmart has distribution centers).

If the product doesn't get there - it doesn't matter if the wholesaler/distributor/retailer has trucks to deliver it any further - its not there.

And many of those are teamsters - yes. I don't know about walmart but I doubt it.

Don't feel bad - most folks don't know how distribution in this country works unless they are involved with it in some capacity.

I'm a sales manager and must have this knowledge to understand and service my customers - distributors and operators that buy from them.

And like I said earlier, even a 20% interruption in supply will cause panick. Think how people have acted in the past when supply was reduced on things - gas for example. People will panick and hoard.

HDR
10-23-2010, 10:26 PM
I don't personally know much about Celente, in fact I'd never heard of him before 2008. I know he has made several predictions in the past and supposedly several have been accurate, tho I can't really verify any of it very well.

Here ya go:
http://www.trendsresearch.com/forecast.html

The information is available in better places than info wars dot com... LOL

El Jefe
10-24-2010, 07:26 AM
Here ya go:
http://www.trendsresearch.com/forecast.html

The information is available in better places than info wars dot com... LOL

Uh, gee, I already posted that link HDR, plus I explained why I used the Info wars text.

Can you actually verify that Celente made any correct predictions before the fact? His claiming he did, or others saying he did because he told them so, doesn't count.

HDR
10-24-2010, 08:51 AM
Uh, gee, I already posted that link HDR, plus I explained why I used the Info wars text.

Can you actually verify that Celente made any correct predictions before the fact? His claiming he did, or others saying he did because he told them so, doesn't count.

Then why did you also post "I know he has made several predictions in the past and supposedly several have been accurate, tho I can't really verify any of it very well."?? Which is why I posted a link to his archives.

His predictions are easily verified; its the ones which did not come true that are more difficult to find..

El Jefe
10-24-2010, 11:45 AM
Then why did you also post "I know he has made several predictions in the past and supposedly several have been accurate, tho I can't really verify any of it very well."?? Which is why I posted a link to his archives.

His predictions are easily verified; its the ones which did not come true that are more difficult to find..

The word supposedly was used for a reason. Obviously I'm not willing to buy into it just because he has said something, at this point I'm on the fence. My intent was to foment discussion, but for the most part people have chosen to go off on odd tangents that either have nothing to do with the topic, or most likely don't play a roll in Celente's prediction.

Plus I've run across those that question wither or not he actually has predicted much in advance that can be verified. Just because he says he did means jack. Awhile ago you, or perhaps someone else, posted a link to Wikipedia on Celente, at the top of the entry it clearly states that some of the information is in dispute. If you go to the contributor section there's an ongoing discussion on wither or not his claims of past predictions can actually be verified. Personally I've yet to read a newspaper story or see a video clip where it's provable that he made a prediction in advance of an event, that doesn't mean they don't exist and it doesn't mean he didn't actually do it, what it means is at this point I find his current prediction to be interesting and worthy of thought, but I'm not going to consider it the gospel till I see some proof.

O.S.O.K.
10-24-2010, 12:57 PM
Regardless of his actual record, the fact is that what he's saying makes perfect sense.

I think everyone at this point sees the danger to one extent or the other.

The real issue IMHO is what we actually do about this situation.

We can argue about the validity of predictions and the chances of this or that happening until the cows come home.

Many of the people that argue that "everything will be OK" simply do not have any kind of understanding of some of the specifics that are involved. Like distribution for example = this is something that I have some knowledge of. Most people do not understand distribution though - and therefore will not see the danger in certain events coming to pass- like strikes.

That's just one example. I certainly don't have good knowledge of many of the things involved in the processes that will or will not allow us to move into a degraded state in this country.

What Gerald Celente does have (I gather) is a staff of experts in many areas that then provide educated guesses for contingencies. It's not really that hard to make predictions for a given set of parameters and events if you have the contingencies worked out. Not to say it's easy - just a lot of work and time spent working out the possibilities and then plugging in actual events to see what affect they have on the outcome.

O.S.O.K.
10-24-2010, 01:10 PM
The way I see it, Gerald Celente is doing the same basic thing at James Burke did in his series "The Day the Universe Changed", only he's projecting into the future instead of "just" analyzing the past. Those programs were very entertaining and fascinating to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtWVfTiQQW8

El Jefe
10-24-2010, 07:55 PM
Regardless of his actual record, the fact is that what he's saying makes perfect sense.

The real issue IMHO is what we actually do about this situation.

We can argue about the validity of predictions and the chances of this or that happening until the cows come home.

Many of the people that argue that "everything will be OK" simply do not have any kind of understanding of some of the specifics that are involved. Like distribution for example = this is something that I have some knowledge of. Most people do not understand distribution though - and therefore will not see the danger in certain events coming to pass- like strikes.

That's just one example. I certainly don't have good knowledge of many of the things involved in the processes that will or will not allow us to move into a degraded state in this country.

What Gerald Celente does have (I gather) is a staff of experts in many areas that then provide educated guesses for contingencies. It's not really that hard to make predictions for a given set of parameters and events if you have the contingencies worked out. Not to say it's easy - just a lot of work and time spent working out the possibilities and then plugging in actual events to see what affect they have on the outcome.

I think just about anyone who reads the newspaper each morning realizes that things are not good, now to what degree people think things are out of whack probably varies in as many ways as there are people thinking about it.

Obviously the economy is struggling, the Government is broke and doesn't act as if it realizes it is or doesn't care. We are losing our manufacturing base at an alarming pace and the housing market is in the crapper. But, none of that necessarily means we'll have food riots and any sort of revolution, unless you count what's about to happen to the Democrats in the looming election. I don't think that's what Celente is talking about, but then his prediction is maddeningly vague.

Now, attempting to get past all that, if what Celente predicts does actually happen, then we better be buying land in the boonies ASAP, because living in any area with any population at all won't be pleasant and keeping yourself fed and safe for very long is going to be a real challenge. Even if you live in the country side, but are close to a major urban center you're most likely going to have major problems. When thousands of hungry city dwellers flee the cities I wouldn't want to be within their reach.

O.S.O.K.
10-24-2010, 08:25 PM
Yep.

HDR
10-25-2010, 07:51 PM

Having a proven track record helps a lot.

Celente predicted it years before it happened. His track record in the past adds weight to his predictions of today.

O.S.O.K.
10-25-2010, 08:37 PM
I'm not trying to argue against his predictions or damn with faint praise.

I'm just saying that I think he's right from the logical point of things and that most people can tell things aren't going swimingly...

I sure hope that he's wrong about food riots in 2012 though - think of the implications of food riots... people starving...

El Jefe
10-26-2010, 09:57 AM
One thing that's interesting about this particular prediction, we'll know how accurate it is soon enough. 2012 is right around the corner and will be here quicker than I like to think. Hopefully he's wrong. Also in fairness, even if this doesn't happen till say 2015, it's still a fairly accurate prediction.

One has to wonder if when forming this opinion of coming events, if Celente was figuring on the Democrats retaining power in Congress in 2010. I'd guess not since off year elections general favor the party who doesn't control the White House. But then we've seen a lot of things these past few years that compared to the norm are extraordinary.

:ohsnap:

HDR
10-26-2010, 01:52 PM
I'm not trying to argue against his predictions or damn with faint praise.

It is his average that catches the attention.

I'm just saying that I think he's right from the logical point of things and that most people can tell things aren't going swimingly...

Here, I hope you are correct; yet, 0bama's cheering crowds show what we'd like to believe has a good sized margin for error.. lol

I sure hope that he's wrong about food riots in 2012 though - think of the implications of food riots... people starving...

I hope he is wrong also.

I have thought of the implications of food riots and same as anyone with common sense I dislike the mental picture. IF food riots would occur it would be bad in the cities and suburbs. As there isn't enough manpower to handle huge riots; it would be hell.

swampdragon
10-27-2010, 04:41 PM
"Now" would be a good time to get a garden started for those that don't already have one.
And start learning how to can and preserve like grandma used to do.
You'd be surprised how many people no longer even know how to do it at all.

El Jefe
10-27-2010, 05:03 PM
"Now" would be a good time to get a garden started for those that don't already have one.
And start learning how to can and preserve like grandma used to do.
You'd be surprised how many people no longer even know how to do it at all.

Uh, Spring would be far better. :)

swampdragon
10-27-2010, 05:08 PM
Uh, Spring would be far better. :)

Uh...no.
Right now is a great time to start prepping the soil, adding mulch, nutrients, etc before winter hits.

Hochmeister
10-27-2010, 06:09 PM
I've been reading up on this stuff for years. Ironically, there is always a part of you waiting for it to happen, but at the sametime, you hope it doesn't. :p

swampdragon
10-27-2010, 06:37 PM
I've been reading up on this stuff for years. Ironically, there is always a part of you waiting for it to happen, but at the sametime, you hope it doesn't. :p

The human brain is funny.
We don't want bad things to happen.
Yet...we don't want to think of all the time and money wasted on something that never comes to pass either.

HDR
10-27-2010, 06:56 PM
Uh...no.
Right now is a great time to start prepping the soil, adding mulch, nutrients, etc before winter hits.

That is building the soil to yield great harvests..

HDR
10-27-2010, 07:00 PM

I did a few tours in Vn; long term exposure to such things suck even with a base camp. So living the nomadic guerrilla lifestyle for a few years wouldn't be all it was built up to be in Red Dawn.

swampdragon
10-27-2010, 07:24 PM
That is building the soil to yield great harvests..

Yep.
Just like any other task, the better you initially prep for it, the better your chances for success.

El Jefe
10-27-2010, 08:41 PM
Uh...no.

Sure, I was joking. Having grown up on a farm and being a gardener for fun since, I'm aware of how to garden. I'm a member of our local Master Gardener org through the MU extension :frech11:

Anyone who doesn't garden now and intends to feed themselves, had best get on the stick, because figuring out how to bring produce in and then store it successfully requires a bit of knowledge.

swampdragon
10-27-2010, 08:54 PM
Sure, I was joking. Having grown up on a farm and being a gardener for fun since, I'm aware of how to garden. I'm a member of our local Master Gardener org through the MU extension :frech11:

Anyone who doesn't garden now and intends to feed themselves, had best get on the stick, because figuring out how to bring produce in and then store it successfully requires a bit of knowledge.

I heard you were a member of your local Master Bater org....:frech11:

O.S.O.K.
10-28-2010, 02:40 PM
I'm being realistic and storing up enough food to give us quite a while to figure out the garden. We put one in this past summer and only had limited success - the tomatoes got too hot and the cucumbers really freaked out - got ribbed and white - I think both were negatively effected by the too much rain that we had...

The peppers, zucs and okra all did swimingly.

We need to increase the size and maybe raise it a bit to encourage more drainage...

I also still need to locate some 1 1/2" water pipe for the driven point well. Nobody has this = need to braoden my search...

As to the food riots - and the conditions under which that would happen - my biggest concern would be defending our home - I'd hope that the community would pull together and form a common defense for the city/county. I would actively pursue that.

I've thought of starting that right now but I'm afraid that people just aren't ready for that and will just think I'm a fruit loop.

Let's face it. Most people are blistfully ignorant or just ignorant. They won't "get it" until "it" is staring them in the face.

Mark Ducati
10-28-2010, 04:48 PM
OSOK,

I read the writing on the wall a long time ago... I conceded to moving back to my wife's hometown to raise kids in a rural setting... that was only PART of my reasoning, the other half was to get away from city folk when the S does HTF.

True, I too hope that if the SHTF that out local community would form some semblance of a militia (probably headed by the local sheriff and chief of police who are pretty good guys)... just like Jericho, their biggest problem will be keeping control over every redneck with an AR15 who wants to "help" or stand duty at the county line...

When IT goes down, I've got two brother-in-laws who would likely move in to my house (since I have the biggest house) and we'd take turns on watch, pool our resources (I got the house and all the gear, but I can't hunt worth crap, they can)... also, all the women in our family know how to handle firearms too (Including my 3 year old daughter) :)

------------

So, if this guys predictions come true... even if it is 2015... people stop coming to the dentist and I have no means of income the SAME as everybody else... I stop paying my mortgage cuz I don't have money/income to pay in the first place... who's gonna go around evicting all these people making them homeless? It doesn't matter whether your house is $100,000 or $600,000.... no one is going to be buying homes at that point in time, you think the military is going to go around saying "get out"? I doubt it...

What happened in the great depression? IIRC, the bank just let the folks stay where they were because they had no buyers for the houses anyways... right?

----------------

The food shortage though... that's a scary prediction... it would only take a few months for all the small game to be scarfed up by all the locals here with a .22LR to catch... We've got a local apple orchard here kinda reminds me of the guy who had to feed the town in Jericho with his corn farm.

El Jefe
10-28-2010, 04:55 PM
I heard you were a member of your local Master Bater org....:frech11:

:jerk-n-off::tongue0002:

az_paul
10-30-2010, 01:07 AM
Good thread!! Celente has a pretty good track record over the years. That said, we must prepare ourselves for the worst and hope for the best. I don't have any idea how they can stop the downward spiral in a relatively short time. Let's remember that the rest of the world is in the same predicament, so there's really nowhere to turn for assistance. Kinda scary!!

swampdragon
10-30-2010, 01:17 AM
Good thread!! Celente has a pretty good track record over the years. That said, we must prepare ourselves for the worst and hope for the best. I don't have any idea how they can stop the downward spiral in a relatively short time. Let's remember that the rest of the world is in the same predicament, so there's really nowhere to turn for assistance. Kinda scary!!

I'm personally hoping he is wrong as fuck.
But...his odds are damned good.
If I'm going to make plans however, it will be plans to "not" need assistance if possible.
Yet, like they say, no man is an island.
Maybe I can at least be a peninsula.

O.S.O.K.
10-30-2010, 03:59 PM
Unless you were/are in the sticks right now - it is hard to just turn on a dime and make it happen. I have one more kid at home and he's making straight A's and will most likely be the class valedictorian. I can't bring myself to frick that up for him - so, that rules out a move away from this school district/town. We could move out to the country again but would need to sell our current home - and the real estate market is not exactly thriving.

So, I'm trying to make the most of the location and situation - which isn't horrible as it is a small town - which would be my second choice to being in the country.

Third choice would be bigger town, fourth suburb and last would be urban.

We also have living in Texas going for us - I do believe in the "Texas spirit" for lack of a better term - we are can-do and pull-together type people here.

swampdragon
10-30-2010, 08:29 PM
Unless you were/are in the sticks right now - it is hard to just turn on a dime and make it happen. I have one more kid at home and he's making straight A's and will most likely be the class valedictorian. I can't bring myself to frick that up for him - so, that rules out a move away from this school district/town. We could move out to the country again but would need to sell our current home - and the real estate market is not exactly thriving.

So, I'm trying to make the most of the location and situation - which isn't horrible as it is a small town - which would be my second choice to being in the country.

Third choice would be bigger town, fourth suburb and last would be urban.

We also have living in Texas going for us - I do believe in the "Texas spirit" for lack of a better term - we are can-do and pull-together type people here.

I don't live in the city any more.
I live in ranch and farm country on 30 acres.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v648/Swampdragon/scan0022.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v648/Swampdragon/scan0016.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v648/Swampdragon/scan0021.jpg

NewbieAKguy
10-31-2010, 12:33 AM
I don't live in the city any more.
I live in ranch and farm country on 30 acres.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v648/Swampdragon/scan0022.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v648/Swampdragon/scan0016.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v648/Swampdragon/scan0021.jpg

Envious every time I see u'r setup swampy. I'm hoping to get something like that in the somewhat near future (10 yrs or less).....but of course all bets off if society collapses. Enough room to set up your own range?

HDR
10-31-2010, 06:41 AM

When there isn't any food, those spirits often change into a "me and mine" survival mode. My hope is people would do as you said; yet, I also know better than to expect it when people are panicked and starving.

Schuetzenman
10-31-2010, 07:47 AM
Interesting thread. I've thought for quite a few years there is going to be an economic melt down. The stock market crash of 2008 is probably the beginnig of it. Obama has in typical fashion for a Dem Socalist, kept the misery sustained with his stupid policies. There is no economic recovery, just a slow sinking spiral. Eventually anything spiraling in hits bottom, how soon we get there I don't know but logically I realize it's coming.

Living in a suburb about 20 miles outside Atlanta isn't where I'd like to be but it is where I am. I'm hoping the subdivision memebers will get together and form a group that can work together to manage security and pull together toward obtaining food / farming.

O.S.O.K.
10-31-2010, 04:41 PM
HDR wrote: "When there isn't any food, those spirits often change into a "me and mine" survival mode. My hope is people would do as you said; yet, I also know better than to expect it when people are panicked and starving. "

Those types get shot quickly. They are the most unprepared and therefore the least adept so they will fall to the better prepared and more adept and become an example to those thinking of panicking.

Then, the cooperating will look better to them. :)

O.S.O.K.
10-31-2010, 04:46 PM
Interesting thread. I've thought for quite a few years there is going to be an economic melt down. The stock market crash of 2008 is probably the beginnig of it. Obama has in typical fashion for a Dem Socalist, kept the misery sustained with his stupid policies. There is no economic recovery, just a slow sinking spiral. Eventually anything spiraling in hits bottom, how soon we get there I don't know but logically I realize it's coming.

Living in a suburb about 20 miles outside Atlanta isn't where I'd like to be but it is where I am. I'm hoping the subdivision memebers will get together and form a group that can work together to manage security and pull together toward obtaining food / farming.

Oh Lord. You and I are both hoping for too much I think. It puts it into perspective when you read somebody else's thought who is one-click closer to the evil.... we both need to get the hell out to sticks! We need to make it a priority.

The thing is, my wife will be hard to convince... we just got this place all fixed up a couple years ago - and it's very comfy.

HDR
10-31-2010, 07:40 PM
Those types get shot quickly. They are the most unprepared and therefore the least adept so they will fall to the better prepared and more adept and become an example to those thinking of panicking.

Then, the cooperating will look better to them. :)

True, the starving and panicked will get shot first; however, there will others. N

become an example to those thinking of panicking.

Nah, too unhygienic.