PDA

View Full Version : Its been YEARS

luvs2jeep
10-23-2010, 10:27 AM
Hi all my name is Sam and back around 2005 I used to be on these boards all the time I left for active duty and well been busy ever since. I'm from WV and went to 2 of the 3 WV shoots. Well so hows everyone been?

Schuetzenman
10-23-2010, 12:00 PM
Sam, I think I remember you. Didn't I finish an AMD65 build just in time before you went off to service? Did it every loosen up for you? I didn't have a chance to fire it before it shipped out. Those OO receivers I found out had a tendency to have slightly oversized rails that could use some filing at times. Anyway, glad to hear you're still around and have survived active duty. Where did you get deployed to over the year?

What's changed, well if you've been reading the posts, Redstar passed away in 3rd quarter 2005. I was in Germany on business when Zouave contacted me about it. Then 3 years later Zouave passed away. The original Gunsnet server hosting company tried to steal the web sites name. They are currently holding the old history of the site hostage. Litigation is in process to gain back these records / posts. That's why everybody has very low post counts and the number of posts in forums are so small. We were off line, oh I don't know maybe 6 months. I lost track of how long really and the result is we've lost thousands of members and in some ways the very spirit of what the place once was.

The Doctor that owned part of that range property where the shoots were held sold out and we got the boot for having shoots there. I guess the ATV crashing Bro-n-law can now wander armed and inebriated at will any weekend of the year on the property without us C&R folks cramping his party's style.:loser:

luvs2jeep
10-24-2010, 09:08 AM
You guess right that's me I was curious what happand to the site. That sucks about the cabin does anyone ever do anything with shoots now? Where is Salbo, miketv, and paul? The AMD I just got to really shoot it lately it is still a bit tight more its shot the better it gets the G1 FAL you did up does very well and still one of my fav rifles.

Richard Simmons
10-24-2010, 09:50 AM
Welcome back Sam. I was at all but one of the WV shoots and I think I remember you. Paul is still around and posts here. Not sure about miketv. Sadly we lost Salbo last winter to a heart attack.

imanaknut
10-24-2010, 11:29 AM
Welcome back and THANK YOU for your service to this great country!!!!

O.S.O.K.
10-24-2010, 11:33 AM
:welcome: back to the fold.

luvs2jeep
10-24-2010, 03:52 PM
Really Salbo passed that's a damn shame he really was a great man he painted some stuff for me done amazing work.

luvs2jeep
10-24-2010, 03:59 PM
Now I'm still in the Army but in the reserves I was a redleg now I'm a Drill Sergeant and go out train new Soldiers, ROTC, and Deploying Soldiers. My civ life I'm getting ready to start school I'm married and we have a son.

ltorlo64
10-24-2010, 05:17 PM
Welcome back. Thanks for your service.

El Laton Caliente
10-24-2010, 07:44 PM
Wecome back Sam!!!

luvs2jeep
10-26-2010, 07:50 AM
Thanks guys!

aliceinchains
10-26-2010, 06:22 PM
Now I'm still in the Army but in the reserves I was a redleg now I'm a Drill Sergeant and go out train new Soldiers, ROTC, and Deploying Soldiers. My civ life I'm getting ready to start school I'm married and we have a son.

What school are you going to start?

luvs2jeep
10-27-2010, 08:42 AM
I had started a degree in General Studies and Criminal Justice I'm a few credit hours from finishing the General Studies but thinking I'm just going to switch over to nursing.

aliceinchains
10-27-2010, 05:55 PM
I had started a degree in General Studies and Criminal Justice I'm a few credit hours from finishing the General Studies but thinking I'm just going to switch over to nursing.

You can't go wrong there. Health care is an excellent carrer.

El Duce
10-28-2010, 03:09 PM
Welcome back!!

I really had a great time doing the WV Shoots. If I weren't so darn busy, I would do another. But, this time of year, my son plays football now. Work has been a b*tch. For the first time in about a year, I have had two days off two weeks in a row!

I really don't do facebook, but MikeTV sent me a message the other day. I still here from Swingset everynow and then. He was supposed to come down last month. But never heard back from him.

The Dr.'s old range was the perfect spot for the shoots. There is a quarry that I have a key for (used to be the old range where I first started shooting) I know the owners pretty well, and have talked to them about having a shoot there. But once again, with limited time. Heck, I have been out shooting I think twice this year. One of the times was for a Memorial shoot for Bobby/SalBo at the potts slope range in VA.

tr6r
11-02-2010, 11:42 AM
It is great to see more of the old gang back

MJ1
11-02-2010, 07:23 PM
Welcom home Sam.

..........MJ...........

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v130/montereyjack/c8331111.jpg

fingolfen
11-16-2010, 02:54 PM
Welcome back!!!