PDA

View Full Version : Hot sauce.

AKTexas
07-19-2010, 01:33 AM
http://www.aztexan.com/home.html

Try this stuff,it is great!

mriddick
07-19-2010, 06:38 AM
I wouldn't buy it over the name of the stuff alone :) I prefer AZ gunslinger.

old Grump
07-19-2010, 11:10 PM
I had half a dozen brands in my cupboard but now I am down to half a jar of El Paso Picante sauce. I need to replenish soon or the weeping and the crying will upset my neighbors and make my sister mad at me. Insanity, Daves, Tabasco, I had them all. Some went quick, others were applied carefully. Very very carefully:firedevil:

AKTexas
07-19-2010, 11:18 PM
I had half a dozen brands in my cupboard but now I am down to half a jar of El Paso Picante sauce. I need to replenish soon or the weeping and the crying will upset my neighbors and make my sister mad at me. Insanity, Daves, Tabasco, I had them all. Some went quick, others were applied carefully. Very very carefully:firedevil:

Well if you like hot and tasty this is some good local Texas habenero stuff.Kinda pricey for hot sauce but it is damn good.

Mark Ducati
07-20-2010, 02:53 PM
Years ago at the straw market in Charleston, SC... I bought a small brown glass eye dropper vial full of pure capsacin.

I put a 1/4 drop on my tongue and was running for the faucet in 10 seconds! I tried drinking milk, didn't help... I tried running cold water from the faucet over my tongue for 20 minutes, didn't help... the only thing that helped was holding vodka in my mouth and swishing, I think the alcohol numbed the tongue/mucosa and diluted the hot oil.

I've found that all I need are a few drops in a pot of chili or spaghetti sauce... but I'm out now.

Anybody know where I can order some on-line?

O.S.O.K.
07-20-2010, 03:00 PM
I'm partial to good ol cold press cayann pepper sauce - like the stuff I sell - its very similar to Louisiana Red Dot. Basic cayann pepper sauce.

AKTexas
07-20-2010, 03:01 PM
I'm partial to good ol cold press cayann pepper sauce - like the stuff I sell - its very similar to Louisiana Red Dot. Basic cayann pepper sauce.

I like that too for simple things like soups etc.But for added heat habenero hot sauce is for me.

printerman
07-23-2010, 06:10 PM
Looks great as I love anything Habanero ! So far I buy Mike and Diane's "Ring of Fire" (So hot it'll burn you twice) ....meaning in the morning on the bowl ! Other than that I go with some different Thai sauces that make anything South American look like girl scout cookie dip !!!