PDA

View Full Version : New suppressor adapter, first prototype for SPP

kimberkid
05-05-2017, 10:08 AM
So besides the adapter for the MP5 SD we're also working on an adapter for my SPP ... I've been looking for an adapter for years ... it seem no one has them, Mark at TROS used to but doesn't any more ... we're doing the prototypes in aluminum but the finished products will be in stainless steel ... besides these we are also working on a stock adapter for the MP5K like Flemming used to make, but doesn't anymore ... its another accessory that's rare as hen's teeth. I had a chance to buy one a couple decades ago, but was under the impression that ALL NFA items were prohibited in Kansas. In 2007 when we got concealed carry, we also repealed the NFA ban which only included full auto and suppressors ... and SBS. It kinda ticked me off when I found I could have had SBR's all along!

Anyway, yesterday I got the first prototype of the SPP suppressor adapter ... it threads on to the SPP perfectly but the male threads to the suppressor to the are a bit long so it won't go all the way down, but it's tight and straight. The next generation prototype we are gong to knurl it and if all goes well, make a few more for "other's in need" the final product will be stainless, then finish will be available in natural and either blackened or cera-coated.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v40/kimberkid/Toys/IMG_2006.jpg

The SPP is one that I've been going back and forth about SBR-ing ... for years! Now that I can suppress it ... the balance beam it tipping towards "Do It!"
I have a buddy that has a non-folding stock I'm not sure if there ever was one, but I really wish he had a folding stock! (yes, I'll have to get a better RDS) ...