PDA

View Full Version : newbie to the AK game,wanting upgrade info

nizzmont
10-24-2010, 10:45 AM
well this is my first AK and im ready to learn.its a romanian wasr 10.price was good so i pulled the trigger.here is a quick pic i took of it,more to come.id like to switch to compsite stock and foregrip.any idea on the best brands?i wasted some money on parts for my AR's so im gona ask b4 i buy this time

http://www.gunsnet.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=362&d=1287935133

imanaknut
10-24-2010, 11:24 AM
Welcome to the group !!! :welcome:

Checked your photo, nice looking WASR! Personally I like the look of wood, and there are many ways to refinish or just make the wood on a rifle look better, or just leave it alone.

Check our advertisers for stock sets and ideas. Some have really nice ones if you are into plastic for your WASR. Brownells usually has some sets. Also check K-var. Although not a friend to this site they do have some interesting and affordable stock sets. MidwayUSA is another online company that I believe has stock sets and are a very reputable company.

Just want to tell you that sometimes you will buy a stock set that needs to be custom fit to your rifle. This is normal with AK variants as the tolerances that give them their reliability are huge and can affect the fit of any part.

O.S.O.K.
10-24-2010, 11:28 AM
:welcome:

What kind of polymer furniture are you interested in? Standard configuration or tacticool?

Nice Rommy BTW. :)

hawk1911
10-24-2010, 05:32 PM
Congratulations, the first AK I purchased was a WASR just like that one, still have it and has never failed anything. Mine doesnt look like this anymore though, I refinished the wood and then recently was worried about rust since its finish was weak on the barrel (its a truck gun) so I have refinished it in a camo now. I thought about some polymer furniture and still may get some for it one day but not yet.

nizzmont
10-24-2010, 09:28 PM
well thanks to all for the welcomes.yea im going to get some tactical poly for it i think but not 100% sure as of yet.what if any are some real gun upgrades that need done to make it more friendly and shoot better if any?i read about some trigger slap issues maybe?after this im going to be putting some coin into building a tactican shotgun so the AK may stay stock for now but any info that you all think a noobie to the AK world could use are welcome.will try to get a better pic of it soon,maybe throw my AR varmit i built in the pic too lol

nizzmont
10-25-2010, 09:08 PM
well i been looking at some in CTD that are tapco 6 position stock and fusion handgaurd in od green as thats my fav lol.also i see the G@ trigger group thats 3.4 lbs and stops trigger slap,anyone used this or is it a waste of money?and i want to know a good brand of clip to get for my new toy,i have 2 tapco poly that it came with but is steel better?i run H&K clips in my AR,super sweet but spendy lol.thanks for any and all help on my noob questions:firedevil:

KC_Kahr
11-23-2010, 08:26 PM
Excellent looking stock, at least what you can see on the pic. Looks like a Yugo, but don't think they'll fit a WASR. I believe Century (pretty sure they built it) are putting out a much better quality piece these days. Picked up one from Bud's recently and it's been perfect and quite accurate.

NATIONALIST
12-07-2010, 12:12 AM
nice romy !

Wild Bill
12-12-2010, 06:08 PM
The wood stock looks great. Very nice rifle.

carloglock19
12-13-2010, 11:15 AM
Here is my WASR-10 with Mako forend and TAPCO folder. I will be refinishing the wood furniture soon as well. This set up works for me.

binky59
05-15-2011, 12:33 PM
I was looking for a poly kit for my son and went to outdoorbunker online, they have a complete kit for under a hundred. ATI STRIKEFORCE comes in sand, black, ect. You get
6 position clapsible "right" folding stock with adjustable cheek weld
a new same color grip
Tri railed forend-gas tube coverr
Free download instructions
Best thing is, this kit fit great right out of the box (no dremel) and
I like it because of the stock folding to the right side of the receiver