PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of Modern day Egypt?

Hobe Sound AK
08-05-2017, 07:14 AM
In less than 5 Years, Egypt has got rid of Mubarak, and forced out the Muslim Brotherhood! I say good for them, Only with the Help of the Egyptian Army one of the top 10 army's in the World, Could Peaceful l Egyptians take back their Country, and appear to have kept them out, their may still be Problems in local Areas, but I can never see Egypt fall now or in the Future. The Country, the People, will, always support and Back the Army! The largest Country in the Middle East, which is also the first to make peace with Israel. Plus the Egyptians are now using our M-1 Tanks, and other Equipment, and upgraded from the Beretta brigadier to the Beretta M-9. Egypt is no longer just buying from Russia, or China, and that is good! I hope the Country stays on the Path. It started with Anwar Sadat, so long ago. I always did like him, I was still in the Army, when He was killed by several traitorous Egyptian Jr. Officers. Did you see the haunting 60 Min. Interview with his Wife, who also spoke excellent English! She said that he had told her once, They will get me one Day! You need to be prepared. He knew the Dangers of the Job, and kept with it. In closing, I would ask, If anyone had access to Janes Information on World military's, Please let me know What Number is the Egyptian Army in the World? When rating the Armies. I would guess they are around 5 to 8 on the scale, or course it depends on how many top Armies their are. Paul

Altarboy
08-05-2017, 12:24 PM
We had an Egyptian security guard at our terminal. He was a Christian. When all the chaos was going on, he told me the Egyptian people would stop in. He said mark my word, in a few months, it will be well in Egypt

5.56NATO
08-05-2017, 02:13 PM
I wouldn't visit it today, but it has some interesting history. Yes the people and army overthrew the mobros but the mobros are still active there as well as isis/jihadsters, and it's predominantly zlomic but with a considerable portion of copts, who are christians more or less unchanged since the time of messiah. Egypt was mostly christian before the zlomix invaded. Not long ago zlomix attacked a coptic church killing several copts, they deal with this often apparently. 0bama tried to stop a US arms deal made with Egypt during the brief morsi regime, but the deal has gone through anyway. All that being said, Egypt is more or less one of the better middle eastern countries as far as stability with a islamic facade of democracy goes. Jordan is rife with mobros and isis, as well as a conduit for nato supplies to isis. Saudi Arabia is attacking its own people inside the country as well as waging war on Yemen while supplying jihadsters and supplies to isis, and also it trying to start a war with Qatar. Qatar is guilty of friendship with Iran, who is Saud's arch enemy. It's a huge convoluted mess in the middle east but one thing is common to all; jihad.