PDA

View Full Version : Anybody in coastal Texas?

skorpion
08-24-2017, 05:00 PM
Stay safe. The storm is getting damn close.

sevlex
08-25-2017, 05:41 PM
When I checked the news this morning they said it was going to be a cat 2 possibly a weak cat 3. Now it's a cat 4.

I pity the fools who didn't evacuate.

Justin
08-25-2017, 06:14 PM
There are a few guys on another forum that I frequent on who are going to be hit. Just wait until this is all over, the media is going to be all over Trump's ass screaming that he didn't do enough. Mark my words on that.

alismith
08-25-2017, 07:17 PM
There are a few guys on another forum that I frequent on who are going to be hit. Just wait until this is all over, the media is going to be all over Trump's ass screaming that he didn't do enough. Mark my words on that.

Hell, they'll find some way to even blame the whole hurricane on him. It'll have something to do with his pulling the US out of the Paris Accords....

5.56NATO
08-29-2017, 01:33 PM
After this fool repeatedly told citizens not to flee Trump's warning, he comes up with this;
" The mayor of Houston said Monday residents of his city, regardless of their citizenship or immigration status, should not be afraid to ask for help amid heavy flooding — and if illegal aliens are arrested after they are discovered in the storm, he will serve as their lawyer.

“I and others will be the first ones to stand up with you,” said Mayor Sylvester Turner, a Democrat, according to The Hill. “If you need help and someone comes and they require help, and then for some reason, somebody tries to deport them, I will represent them myself, OK?”"
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017/08/houston-mayor-jumps-action-promises-protect-illegals-deportation-harvey/

5.56NATO
08-29-2017, 04:14 PM

l921428x
08-29-2017, 08:19 PM
I just read a really grim idea of what someone thinks. Many many dead in their homes
and not floating yet.

5.56NATO
09-03-2017, 12:47 PM
$20 for a gallon of gas, $99 for a case of water — reports of Hurricane Harvey price-gouging are emerging
https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/dollar20-for-a-gallon-of-gas-dollar99-for-a-case-of-water-%E2%80%94-reports-of-hurricane-harvey-price-gouging-are-emerging/ar-AAr7slI

This is interesting. NYC is in the path for a huge storm, LA is being threatened with fire, and Houston is under water. The gas here went up 30 cents in my area so far, and I wonder how far it will go. I also wonder if this is what war with NK or world war 3 will look like. I mean, when you can find gas or bottled water.

NAPOTS
09-03-2017, 01:10 PM
$20 for a gallon of gas, $99 for a case of water — reports of Hurricane Harvey price-gouging are emerging
https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/dollar20-for-a-gallon-of-gas-dollar99-for-a-case-of-water-%E2%80%94-reports-of-hurricane-harvey-price-gouging-are-emerging/ar-AAr7slI

This is interesting. NYC is in the path for a huge storm, LA is being threatened with fire, and Houston is under water. The gas here went up 30 cents in my area so far, and I wonder how far it will go. I also wonder if this is what war with NK or world war 3 will look like. I mean, when you can find gas or bottled water.

price gouging is illegal isn't it?

5.56NATO
09-03-2017, 01:36 PM
price gouging is illegal isn't it?

Varies by state, in Tx it's illegal. I'm torn between my love of "free market whatever the market will bear" (pricewise) and hatred of rape. Also, gouging is ill defined, statutorialy speaking. Is 8 bucks a gal for gas bad while 5 bucks os ok? If gold (eventually) goes to 40k, is that gouging?

alismith
09-03-2017, 03:20 PM
I just read a really grim idea of what someone thinks. Many many dead in their homes
and not floating yet.

I heard that Houston has an underground city beneath the city proper (something like Atlanta's underground city). They were saying that there could be a lot of dead bodies down, too.