PDA

View Full Version : Trump: Decision To Not Send Bergdahl To Jail A ‘Total Disgrace’

5.56NATO
11-03-2017, 02:01 PM
President Donald Trump weighed in on a military judge’s decision not to send Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl to prison Friday.

Bergdahl, a deserter who was captured by terrorists, will receive a demotion, dishonorable discharge, and a fine but no prison time for the act abandoning his post in Afghanistan and endangering the lives of his comrades, several of which were killed because of his actions. This sentence did not sit well with the president, who has repeatedly criticized Bergdahl for his behavior on the battlefield.
http://dailycaller.com/2017/11/03/trump-decision-to-not-send-bergdahl-to-jail-a-total-disgrace/

Richard Simmons
11-03-2017, 02:07 PM
Wasn't at the trial and don't have all the facts but as an American and a veteran I believe he should have gotten 25 years minimum. I can see not putting him in front of a firing squad, I've gotta squint pretty hard at that but no jail time? You'd think he'd at least have gotten six, six and a kick, Big Chicken Dinner!

I guess it stems from the charges, i.e., abandoning his post rather than desertion. That goes back on the prosecutor more than the judge. If you want the death penalty you can't charge someone with petty theft.

sevlex
11-03-2017, 02:07 PM
I wonder if that was done as a "message" to Trump.

Meanwhile, Bergdahl better watch his back for the rest of his miserable useless life.

alismith
11-03-2017, 02:38 PM
I wonder if this military judge was an obama appointee, or appointed by an obama-ite?

Richard Simmons
11-03-2017, 02:49 PM
I wonder if this military judge was an obama appointee, or appointed by an obama-ite?

I believe this was a court martial and military judges are assigned by the JAG and are not presidential appointees. I could be wrong.

1 Patriot-of-many
11-03-2017, 03:21 PM
Justice seems to be lacking in the military as well as the FBI/"Justice Dept." The BS is getting old.

jet3534
11-03-2017, 08:55 PM
I hope that down the road this Bergdahl character does not turn out to be a Manchurian Candidate.

l921428x
11-03-2017, 09:28 PM
I believe this was a court martial and military judges are assigned by the JAG and are not presidential appointees. I could be wrong.
You are right.

l921428x
11-03-2017, 09:31 PM

Meanwhile, Bergdahl better watch his back for the rest of his miserable useless life.

Might have been sent as a message and if it was. Ok. But it also put a flag on the military and some will
not like it. Just my thought........

NAPOTS
11-03-2017, 10:16 PM
Justice seems to be lacking in the military as well as the FBI/"Justice Dept." The BS is getting old.

3 guys had career ending injuries searching for him, one guy was paralyzed. Yes he did sit in captivity for 5 years so maybe execution is too much. 15 to 20 years sounded fair.

ltorlo64
11-04-2017, 02:43 AM
From what little I have read it sounds like the Judge viewed his time in captivity with Al-Queda as being prison term enough. I don't agree, but I think that was the rationale.

blacksheep
11-04-2017, 08:48 PM
Coward should have been hung.

stevelyn
11-05-2017, 02:53 AM
I don't think he was in real captivity. He went looking for trouble and found it. I also think he was indoctrinated and it took. Hopefully, he'll get capped somewhere down the road and real justice will be served for the guys who were killed and wounded looking for his worthless dumb ass.

skorpion
11-05-2017, 09:02 AM
Screw that treasonous traitor. Multiple guys were injured trying to find the asshole and then 0bama releases five of his (0bama's) terrorist buddies in exchange for this worthless sack of shit. Talk about a Lose-Lose situation.

l921428x
11-05-2017, 10:26 AM
I don't think he was in real captivity. He went looking for trouble and found it. I also think he was indoctrinated and it took. Hopefully, he'll get capped somewhere down the road and real justice will be served for the guys who were killed and wounded looking for his worthless dumb ass.

I was talking to my wife about this and was explaining that there are a lot of men
that have very ill feelings for bergdahl and he may not make it.

But he set a path in motion and only he can follow it.

jet3534
11-09-2017, 06:02 PM

Your theory would explain things. It is hard to believe that the government is now calculating Bergdahl's back pay.

ltorlo64
11-10-2017, 05:16 PM
Your theory would explain things. It is hard to believe that the government is now calculating Bergdahl's back pay.

By law and instruction the day the Bergdahl deserted his pay stopped, you don't get paid while in a desertion status. In my mind he was a deserter until the day he was taken into custody by the military (released by the Taliban) so there is no back pay to consider. Had he been taken prisoner during battle or had he been kidnapped while acting honorably back pay would be just, as he willfully and disobediently left his post in search of the enemy for reasons that are not clear but were definitely not mission oriented, no back pay should be authorized.

l921428x
11-10-2017, 07:25 PM
He plead guilty to desertion.

jet3534
11-11-2017, 01:01 PM
Has the Army ever explained why a man (Bergdahl) who was discharged by the U.S. Coast Guard 26 days into boot camp for mental health issues was allowed to enlist in the Army?

5.56NATO
11-14-2017, 02:17 PM
This traitor walks free and gets a huge bonus while American heroes languish in Leavenworth for urinating on dead muj or putting security rounds in wounded muj.

Also, can't see why they'd not let him back in, considering what they're trying to recruit now;
Self-Mutilators and Bi Polar Wackos – The Army’s Future Soldiers
As part of the military’s current trend of giving the unqualified a chance to serve; of allowing every freak of nature, social misfit, SJW and dud on active duty, the army has announced that they will be granting “waivers” to certain recruits who violate criteria related to mental-health violations like having a history of bipolar disorder, or self-mutilation.
http://usdefensewatch.com/2017/11/self-mutilators-and-bi-polar-wackos-the-armys-future-soldiers/

alismith
11-14-2017, 03:35 PM
This traitor walks free and gets a huge bonus while American heroes languish in Leavenworth for urinating on dead muj or putting security rounds in wounded muj.

Also, can't see why they'd not let him back in, considering what they're trying to recruit now;
Self-Mutilators and Bi Polar Wackos – The Army’s Future Soldiers
As part of the military’s current trend of giving the unqualified a chance to serve; of allowing every freak of nature, social misfit, SJW and dud on active duty, the army has announced that they will be granting “waivers” to certain recruits who violate criteria related to mental-health violations like having a history of bipolar disorder, or self-mutilation.
http://usdefensewatch.com/2017/11/self-mutilators-and-bi-polar-wackos-the-armys-future-soldiers/

These are the "new" recruits that will have no qualms about turning on American citizens when ordered to.