PDA

View Full Version : Lancaster County, PA - County commissioners asked to ban firearms in polling places

Gunreference1
10-27-2010, 03:49 AM
County commissioners asked to ban firearms in polling places

Chief clerk of Election Board made the recommendation

Intelligencer Journal
Lancaster New Era
Oct 26, 2010 18:32 EST
Lancaster

The Lancaster County commissioners on Tuesday were asked to consider barring voters from carrying firearms into polling places across the county.

Given discussions about the proposal at the board's weekly work session, however, they're not likely to give the measure much consideration.

"The regulation of firearms is clearly not something that's within the county's purview," commissioners Chairman Scott Martin said.

To read the rest of the story click the link below.

http://articles.lancasteronline.com/local/4/305197

Steve

deth502
10-27-2010, 02:47 PM
im not in lancaster county, but i can gaurentee you there will be at least one firearm in my polling place all day. i can also gaurentee that if i my county were to pass something like this, i would not enforce it.

wtf are they going to do if they are carrying anyway? deny them their right to vote? "please pick which constitutional right you would like to have today sir, only 1 please."

aliceinchains
10-27-2010, 04:27 PM
I am in Lancaster County and about 20 minutes from the court house. Fuck the County commissioners and the pigs they rode in on. I could go on about our local mayor but the NRA woke his ass up.

Gunreference1
10-28-2010, 12:09 AM
Proposal to ban guns at polls withdrawn

Intelligencer Journal
Lancaster New Era
Oct 27, 2010 20:51 EST
Lancaster
By P.J. REILLY, Staff Writer

Lancaster County voters will not be barred from packing heat at the 235 local polling places during the general election next week.

Mary Stehman, chief clerk of the county's Board of Elections, on Wednesday withdrew a resolution she had proposed to the county commissioners Tuesday, which would have banned the possession of firearms at county polling sites.

Stehman said she withdrew the resolution after reviewing state gun laws, which prevent municipal governments from regulating when and where guns can be carried.

To read the rest of the story click the link below.

http://articles.lancasteronline.com/local/4/305413

Steve