PDA

View Full Version : Philadelphia Democrats want to ban bullet proof glass barriers in stores

rci2950
12-03-2017, 04:16 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKagWN7RCKM

LAGC
12-03-2017, 04:41 PM
I was completely floored the first time I came across a convenience store that had bulletproof glass like that.

It was during the first business trip of my young life, visiting Atlanta, just inside the beltway, back around Y2K.

You just don't see that type of thing out here, out West. Where shopkeepers have to "armor up" like that to keep the robbers at bay.

I don't think we humans were really meant to occupy big cities like that. Too many people packed into too small of space always leads to problems.

I honestly don't know how those shopkeepers put up with that type of violence.

If they make them take down the barriers, they should at least let them keep a shotgun behind the counter so they can empty some lead into any future would-be robbers. After all, a 12-gauge is a lot cheaper to purchase than all that bulletproof glass, I imagine. ;)

1 Patriot-of-many
12-03-2017, 05:16 PM
They need to keep their constituents happy. I've seen convenience/gas stations with them in Minneapolis/St. Paul........ Made me feel real swell about the neighborhood, delivering fuel to those locations.

ltorlo64
12-03-2017, 05:19 PM
I was completely floored the first time I came across a convenience store that had bulletproof glass like that.

It was during the first business trip of my young life, visiting Atlanta, just inside the beltway, back around Y2K.

You just don't see that type of thing out here, out West. Where shopkeepers have to "armor up" like that to keep the robbers at bay.

I don't think we humans were really meant to occupy big cities like that. Too many people packed into too small of space always leads to problems.

If they make them take down the barriers, they should at least let them keep a shotgun behind the counter so they can empty some lead into any future would-be robbers. After all, a 12-gauge is a lot cheaper to purchase than all that bulletproof glass, I imagine. ;)

I saw a news report/documentary on a jewelry store owner who was robbed and beaten. After that he bought a hand gun and took some classes so he was pretty good with it. The next time his store was robbed he killed one and severely injured another. He bought more handguns and had them where he was never far from them. He ended up having something like 4 firefights in his store. None of his employees or customers were ever hurt though he was shot once in the neck. He killed about 6 armed robbers and wounded a few more. He ended up selling his store after the last fire fight because it was getting to dangerous for the people in the store he was responsible for. I am a supporter of self-defense and in areas like that bullet proof glass is probably not a bad first line of defense.

BISHOP
12-03-2017, 05:59 PM
Does this effect ALL drive through restaurants?
Next the stupid crunt will try to make it illegal to have locks on the doors.

Sometimes people like that need to meet a baseball bat to the back of their heads.

She denies that its designed to target Koreans but, it in reality specifically targets Koreans.

BISHOP

l921428x
12-03-2017, 07:51 PM
Once the 'demographics" started changing around here that is one of the first things BOA did.
Negros cause problems.....yeah.

blacksheep
12-03-2017, 07:54 PM
Can't we just ban Dimocrat shit heads ?

NAPOTS
12-03-2017, 08:51 PM
Lagc I don't know where out west is for you but I'm about as far west as you can get and I've seen it plenty, it is a good way to know when you are in a shitty part of town

LAGC
12-03-2017, 08:56 PM
Lagc I don't know where out west is for you but I'm about as far west as you can get and I've seen it plenty, it is a good way to know when you are in a shitty part of town

Where bouts do you live, NAPOTS?

I've traveled pretty extensively throughout the entire Pacific Northwest and can't remember seeing a single convenience store that was shielded up like that.

Even during a recent trip to central Cali a few years back I never saw it, not like was a regular occurrence during my trips back East.

I can imagine it probably happens in big cities like L.A. or San Francisco, but do you notice it at all outside of any cities of size?

NAPOTS
12-03-2017, 09:08 PM
Big city in northen california but not in the bay area. Ive seen it in the ghetto parts of town whole cash register area walled off with bullet proof glass with a tray for you to pass you money thorough. Is only usually in the really shitty areas. A few miles a way it is usually like normal.

blacksheep
12-04-2017, 05:24 PM
Big city in northen california but not in the bay area. Ive seen it in the ghetto parts of town whole cash register area walled off with bullet proof glass with a tray for you to pass you money thorough. Is only usually in the really shitty areas. A few miles a way it is usually like normal.

That tray is the weakest point in that set up.

stevelyn
12-05-2017, 03:18 AM
Does this effect ALL drive through restaurants?
Next the stupid crunt will try to make it illegal to have locks on the doors.

Sometimes people like that need to meet a baseball bat to the back of their heads.

She denies that its designed to target Koreans but, it in reality specifically targets Koreans.

BISHOP

Yup.............Bats, chains, pipe sections......

Start making examples out of local petty tyrants and the ones further up the food chain will start getting the message.

l921428x
12-05-2017, 08:05 AM
I have been seeing stuff like that around Atlanta for 30 years. This place is huge and there are places where a business will be open all night but there will
be nothing else open near them for miles.

alismith
12-05-2017, 02:51 PM
This whole idea is counterproductive. The second they ban bullet proof glass, these businesses will close down....then her constituents will be left with NOTHING.

Smart move, stupid Bitch.

Justin
12-05-2017, 11:10 PM
Democrats don't like establishments that have bullet proof glass, because it will reduce casualties from gun violence. The only way they can get their gun control agenda through, is if there's a bigger body count.

jet3534
12-06-2017, 10:01 PM

I once recognized that I was in a shitty part of Washington D.C. when I walked into a liquor store and saw a large sign that said, "gentlemen - please enter store with hands out of pockets."

JTHunter
12-06-2017, 11:12 PM

Do you remember studies that were done in the area of NYC known as "Hell's Kitchen"? Sociologists used studies of rat populations with high densities and drew parallels to the crowded tenements of Hell's Kitchen to explain the incredible similarities in behavior patterns, esp. the violence.

As for them getting guns, those people don't have the mindset that many Americans have when it comes to firearms. They don't have the historical background we do over private ownership of guns. It may take them another generation (or two) to change their way of thinking to where they can consider defending themselves.

NAPOTS
12-06-2017, 11:28 PM
I once recognized that I was in a shitty part of Washington D.C. when I walked into a liquor store and saw a large sign that said, "gentlemen - please enter store with hands out of pockets."

The shittiest place I ever was, I kid you not, I went to a subway in the middle of the day where you had to get buzzed in like in a pawn shop and there was a Plexiglas wall between the register and the customers.

It wasn't on the mainland US.

rci2950
12-15-2017, 12:37 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/12/14/philadelphia-city-council-approves-bill-to-remove-bulletproof-glass-from-storefronts.html

They actually approved the ban. But it doesn't seem to have any teeth... yet

alismith
12-15-2017, 01:17 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/12/14/philadelphia-city-council-approves-bill-to-remove-bulletproof-glass-from-storefronts.html

They actually approved the ban. But it doesn't seem to have any teeth... yet

Philly is going to see a lot of stores, in the poorer areas, close down. It's not worth running a store when you can no longer protect yourself, to some extent, from criminals.

Now, the locals will be complaining about not having any stores close enough to shop at.

Liberal controlled cities are becoming more like Utopia every day...

Cypher
12-15-2017, 01:39 PM
One thing I wonder is how do they stop people from shoplifting? I would think the first thing thieves would do is grab stuff and run out of the store when they see the employees behind bars. The solution is banning stupid politicians not forcing business owners to follow rules that have more to do with them getting votes than keeping someone safe.

This whole idea is counterproductive. The second they ban bullet proof glass, these businesses will close down....then her constituents will be left with NOTHING.

Smart move, stupid Bitch.

Its amazing. In a city around where I live Walmart was mostly approved and about to build a nice big super center in a area of town where there is a lot of unemployment and lack of good grocery stores for people to get healthy foods. One of the biggest complaints was people in the area didn't have money to drive a car or drive the bus to other areas of town for work and food.

In the end the locals complained and pitched such a fit that they didn't want a low class $10 hr Walmart in their neighborhood that it ended up killing the deal and it was never built. So no easy access to food and supplies, no jobs, no benefits for full time workers, no construction jobs, no elevation of value for homes in the areas owned by a lot of these people and now they are bitching and complaining again that they can't afford to drive a car or ride the bus for jobs and access to fresh foods. Fucking idiots man.

Of course the reality is they want to cash welfare checks and not have to work, and how in the world can they keep playing the victim card if they don't have something, seemingly, to complain about?

l921428x
12-20-2017, 01:46 AM
Typical. Koch Bros wanted to fund a hospital and the money was refused because they be conservative

blacksheep
12-20-2017, 05:18 PM
They should also remove any security around these politicians, because that be wacist too.

alismith
12-20-2017, 07:31 PM
They should also remove any security around these politicians, because that be wacist too.

It would be great if politicians had to live in the world they made laws for. If their security were eliminated, I bet CCW laws would be pretty universal in the US.

Yes, I know, we are free to hire all the protection we want, but the average person can't afford to do that. Let them be "average," too.