PDA

View Full Version : Loss of Smokeless Powder The Greatest Threat to the RKBA in the USA Today

Gunreference1
10-27-2010, 09:13 AM
Tuesday, October 26th, 2010 at 8:42 pm

Loss of Smokeless Powder The Greatest Threat to the Right to Keep and Bear Arms in the United States Today

by Gary Marbut, president
Montana Shooting Sports Association

Washington, DC --(Ammoland.com)- Without ammunition, our firearms are just awkward clubs, and our cherished right to Keep and Bear Arms is worthless – literally worth nothing.

Let me explain this threat.

To the best of my information, there are only two plants in the United States that manufacture smokeless propellant to load ammunition for our firearms. All else is imported, from Canada, Scandinavia, Europe, Israel, and Australia primarily.

These two plants are both owned by giant defense and government contractors for whom sales of powder for civilian ammunition consumption is but a tiny fraction of their business.

To read the rest of the story click the link below.

http://www.ammoland.com/2010/10/26/loss-of-smokeless-powder-the-greatest-threat-to-keep-bear-arms/

Steve

Penguin
10-27-2010, 06:48 PM
Thanks for the information. While I wouldn't say this is currently a threat, it sure could become one. I also think though with out legeslation if both companies were to stop selling on the civilian market at the same time imports were banned a new company would spring up to make powder. I think I will lose sleep when I see the legeslation proposed or the importation banned.

sisyphus
10-27-2010, 09:00 PM
Thanks for the information. While I wouldn't say this is currently a threat, it sure could become one. I also think though with out legeslation if both companies were to stop selling on the civilian market at the same time imports were banned a new company would spring up to make powder. I think I will lose sleep when I see the legeslation proposed or the importation banned.

I wouldn't underestimate, to any degree, the left's ability to accomplish their wet-dream goals with regard to the 2A.

Penguin
10-27-2010, 09:05 PM
Its not that I am underestimating it. I would imagine if they hadn't thought about it before they are thinking about it now. It is just currently I think they are more pressing problems since this apears to be a posblitiy with no legeslation pending in its regards at the moment. Now granted an attack like that could be done with out passing anything but, if that where to happen I think the free market would pick up the slack.

gunnutz
11-04-2010, 10:30 PM
I sure hope that after this election the house of cards is in check. In reality politicians only do whats best for their own livelihood. So stock up and learn how to roll your own, because we are the only defense against a tyrannical government.