PDA

View Full Version : Leftists Claim 2nd Amendment Is All About Gun Control

alismith
12-17-2017, 01:29 PM
This article is the Leftist/Dimocrat/Liberal/Communist view of the Founding Fathers and the 2nd Amendment.

https://www.salon.com/2017/12/16/sorry-nra-the-u-s-was-actually-founded-on-gun-control/

Helen Keller
12-17-2017, 01:47 PM
:lool:

expect anything less.

Gunreference1
12-17-2017, 05:05 PM
If there was any question this is what the Second Amendment is about! https://www.ammoland.com/2015/12/newscaster-correctly-explains-the-second-amendment/?utm_content=buffer8b934&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer#axzz51WMmY8m1

Steve

ltorlo64
12-17-2017, 05:28 PM
I had a Captain that would call this "being stupid in a public place."

The first argument, that Justice Scalia compared the law to what was in the Constitution instead of applying it to how liberals have been able to mutate it shows just how flawed their logic is.

The second argument (before I stopped reading because I was becoming dumber the more I read) was that the sentence structure didn't matter. This was written by a person who uses written language for his livelihood. If you don't understand the structure of the sentence, which is really not that hard to understand, you will do what the author does, apply meaning to the Amendment that was never there.

The other thing the authors do is bring up Madison's original draft of the amendment and try to use that to bolster their argument. It actually shows their position to be wrong. In both writings it is clear that the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed and that a result of that right is that the people will be able to create militias for their mutual defense. To try to say, as they do, that the only reason for the SA was to support militias does not support the way either the original draft or the actual passed wording is phrased. It is sad that there are people, supposedly educated people, that believe this.

rci2950
12-17-2017, 05:38 PM
Weinburger...

l921428x
12-20-2017, 04:17 PM
Well didn't president o say that the Constitution was a bill of NEGATIVE Liberties?

Meaning he did not believe in the constraints/restraints of the GREATEST piece of
Freedom ever written in the history of the world.