PDA

View Full Version : Amazing how people want to blame failure on their

l921428x
12-18-2017, 10:29 AM
Failure to prepare. The Atlanta airport had a major failure in the electrical
system Sunday. I have heard so many stories this morning of " I was traveling alone
and I felt so scared." she was not alone there were probably 5,000 people within a half
mile either direction. This ain't the walking dead shit. Another woman said she was scared
about being led out of a dark area of the airport, there were 50 in the group, where does
this PHOBIA type stuff come from?

And when I said prepare I was talking mental, that airport has been there 70 years
and nothing like this has ever happened.

You guys that have work with very large switch gear know that they can burn bright
very quickly.

alismith
12-18-2017, 10:57 AM
Snow flake mentality.

Pretty soon they'll mount a push to ban electrical failures.

Richard Simmons
12-18-2017, 12:27 PM
I agree with the "snowflake" comment but it's also choice of words. Were they really scared or worried or concerned. Like when someone says they were afraid they'd miss their plane. We're they really in fear or just said that as a common comment.

l921428x
12-18-2017, 03:21 PM
This is what I have been harping on for years. Words have meaning, use the correct word for
for the situation. Every time my wife says that is "cute" I chastise her and tell her to use a descriptive
word.

imanaknut
12-18-2017, 03:59 PM
Gee, now that terrorist know that to shut down travel in the USA all they have to do is turn off the power at a handful of airports. Cannot believe that Atlanta didn't have an emergency back up, I think they are called generators.

l921428x
12-18-2017, 04:43 PM
Easy to say hard to do. The air port is huge HUGE huge. You have to follow the NEC code and to build 2 separate systems
cost twice the millions that are spent. There is a fuel tunnel, just jet fuel, there that is over a 1000 ft. long, 12" pipe wrapped
in 16" pipe. I personally hung over 1 mile of 8" sch. 40 pipe in Concourse E back in 92.

This is not a small place. Seimens or who ever supplied the switch gear needs to find out why their system failed.
And I have no idea of how big the cables were that were burned out.

And to think terrorist do not know these things is short sighted and naive.

Schuetzenman
12-19-2017, 07:01 AM
Gee, now that terrorist know that to shut down travel in the USA all they have to do is turn off the power at a handful of airports. Cannot believe that Atlanta didn't have an emergency back up, I think they are called generators.

The town has been run by Black Mayors and their cronies for 40 years. Most of the airport was built using minority construction companies. Corruption has been shown time and time again.

They have shown the burned up gear briefly on TV new reports here locally. The primary system was below the backup system. So when it went up in flames it burned up the backups. You don't have to be a genius to know not to put the primary and backup systems one on top of the other. As to terrorists .... they aren't the sharpest tools in the drawer but now that they have this prime example of how to fuckup an airport ... even these dumb-ass goat humpers can figure it out.

ATL airport wasn't just a local impact, or even national. It was global in scope for disruption of air travel both passenger and freight. Delta Airlines has put almost all their eggs in the ATL basket and it just got cooked Sunday.

imanaknut
12-19-2017, 04:56 PM
Funny that an airport the size of many cities only has one main electrical circuit for the whole grid. I would have thought there would be separate circuits for different areas so that if one went out the whole place wouldn't be dark. Obviously per l921428x there was only one grid covering the whole airport.

I would also have thought the tower would have it's own circuit or at least it's own back up generation device so that you wouldn't have aircraft full of people stranded on taxiways and incoming aircraft having to be diverted and traffic from other airports not affected.

Pretty poor excuse for the busiest airport in the world.

alismith
12-19-2017, 05:00 PM
Funny that an airport the size of many cities only has one main electrical circuit for the whole grid. I would have thought there would be separate circuits for different areas so that if one went out the whole place wouldn't be dark. Obviously per l921428x there was only one grid covering the whole airport.

I would also have thought the tower would have it's own circuit or at least it's own back up generation device so that you wouldn't have aircraft full of people stranded on taxiways and incoming aircraft having to be diverted and traffic from other airports not affected.

Pretty poor excuse for the busiest airport in the world.

I detect Dimocrat fingerprints all over this....

l921428x
12-19-2017, 05:12 PM
Never said there was just 1 grid. Some of the other areas were lit but it got the main 1. There are at least 3 sub
stations at the airport and I imagine there were some FAA regs that kept planes from moving and grounded.
Add to that that everyone is scared to death of being sued for anything, they will let you sit on a plane.

And anything messed up in this country has dem fingerprints on it. Think about it.......