PDA

View Full Version : Give this company a try

Richard Simmons
03-01-2018, 06:06 PM
Ordered multiple mags on Tuesday all Mec-Gar for my 1911A1, Sig M11A1, 92FS and BHP. The mags all look great, I've used Mec-Gar mags for years in my CZ-75b and CZ-97b and have been 100% pleased. Any way, ordered Tuesday and they were delivered today via USPS.

https://www.gregcotellc.com/cart/index.php

Probably a well know scource to most of you so there may be other, differing opinions out there but I'm quite pleased with the price and the fast shipping.

imanaknut
03-01-2018, 06:24 PM
Little known fact is that Mec-gar made "factory" mags for many firearm manufacturers, all with "original" factory markings. I always found it funny that buying Beretta marked mags were twice the price of the Mec-gar marked mags when other than the markings they were exactly the same.

Nice to know about the company you bought them from!

Richard Simmons
03-01-2018, 06:53 PM
Yeah, I believe Beretta actually owns Mec-gar. I've seen folks on the Beretta forum talk about how they'd never use anything but factory mags when as you stated the only difference in many cases are the markings. This is the first time I've used Mec-Gar single stack mags but I needed some for my Colt Series 80 GM. I asked for mag recommendations and was going to go with another maker but since I was buying the other mags from Greg Côte I figured I'd give them a try.

FunkyPertwee
03-01-2018, 11:15 PM
Mec-gar rocks and so does greg cote llc.

I've used mec-gar magazines in three different brand handguns and they are always the best value and quality. When looking at new guns I always check on the price of magazines first and pistols that have mec-gar magazines available to them get an instant boost.

Helen Keller
03-02-2018, 07:11 AM
i might have to try some mec-gar 1911 mags, none of my chip mccormick mags work for shit in my sig 1911.

Richard Simmons
03-02-2018, 08:53 AM
i might have to try some mec-gar 1911 mags, none of my chip mccormick mags work for shit in my sig 1911.

I've got some Chip McCormick Shooting Star mags, 8rd with the removable bumper that have always worked well. The Mec-Gar 7rd mags I got yesterday have nice mag bodies, welded floor plates and it looks like stainless followers, at leas they aren't blued like the mag bodies. I loaded them last night with no issues. Good tension on the springs, correct angle on the cartridges and when empty they lock the slide back. Hopefully I can try them out at the range over the weekend.

recon
03-10-2018, 10:12 AM
I forgot about this company. Have bought from them before. Thanks.