PDA

View Full Version : Yugo M70AB2 questions, I need some help!

nopistons93
10-28-2010, 02:23 PM
Hey guys,

I have a yugo M70AB2 from century arms, and I have a few questions.

1. The tapco trigger installed is too short to fully stop at the receiver bottom like my romanian WASR does. What I mean is, basically the trigger goes all the way to the back of the trigger guard unlike my WASR that stops way shorter. This is due to the Yugo receiver being more milled out, allowing for my travel through the hole. What can I do to solve this problem? Is there a trigger that is longer that has a stopping piece longer than the tapco?

2. My finish on the rear trunnion has worn away slightly in one spot. I want to fix this problem, but I have not been able to find any definite information on what the finish is made from/the color of it. I heard it's grey parkarized finish, but how can I get something similar to that from a normal hardware/paint store?

Thanks Guys!

KC_Kahr
11-23-2010, 08:44 PM
Have you got the single or double hook trigger in there?

It is parkerized. You might make it worse messing with paint, but what the hell. Is the folding stock rubbing it? A gray flat primer used sparingly might be an improvement, but if it's the stock, it will wear off again fast.

nfafan
01-21-2011, 11:46 PM
Try this for touch up:

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/default.aspx?productNumber=379148

Or as I do - a Sharpie.

Also, IIRC, my Yugo recvr is cut out for a double-hook, but has a single-hook Tapco G2.

You could try one of the aftermarket double-hooks and save the single-hook for a future project.

imanaknut
01-22-2011, 12:39 AM
Thread starter stayed online for about an hour after posting is issue. He hasn't been back since. Thread locked.