PDA

View Full Version : Another innocent killed

JTHunter
08-24-2018, 12:55 PM
While this happened in St. Louis, it is something we can all understand.
A gentleman I know was shot and killed while waiting for a bus on South Grand, a few blocks south of St. Louis University. I have known Craig for about 10 years as he and I were both involved in the local "Dr. Who" fan club. At the time of his murder, he was the vice-president of the club and the author/collector of news for the club's newsletter. He had an infectious grin and a wealth of knowledge of trivia, esp. as it related to movies and Dr. Who.
R.I.P. Craig. :(

https://www.ksdk.com/article/news/crime/6000-reward-offered-in-shooting-death-of-county-employee-near-metrolink-station/63-586525533

https://www.stltoday.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/bystander-fatally-shot-near-grand-metrolink-station-identified-as-st/article_7dc882c4-82d6-5f07-8651-671db4137b6a.html

tank_monkey
08-24-2018, 03:33 PM
Sorry for the loss of your friend. The NEWS media never mentioned the appearance of the man who was in the argument and started randomly shooting. Any ideas? I hope they find this fucker and lock him up for a long time. >:(

imanaknut
08-24-2018, 04:43 PM
Sorry to hear about your loss, and the loss to many others. So sad...

JTHunter
08-25-2018, 01:37 PM
Thanks for your replies.
Even though Craig was a spokesman for the health department and had been active in the struggles over "gun violence" in St. Louis, he wasn't actually "anti-gun". We had talked about guns, the violence, the lack of adequate or appropriate punishment, etc., and I had tried to interest him in trying some of my guns. The problem was logistics and cost. He lived in St. Louis while I live in Illinois and the only "public" ranges were both indoors and $$$$ !!
We agreed on the need for more stringent enforcement of existing laws, even if it appeared to be "racist" in that more minorities were causing the violence than any other group. We also agreed that it was unlikely that voters would approve more penal facilities to keep those convicted of the violence off the streets. As you can imagine, it made for some mutually frustrating discussions.