PDA

View Full Version : it's been a while...

Notch
08-29-2018, 09:23 AM
well its been some time since i have had a chance to poke my nose in here... my CnR purchases have slowed down considerably. even HAD to empty out some of the old gals as well... never a good thing.

BUT... i did just recently get a vz24 bruno... my first 8mm mauser! i took her out to the club for a run and was really happy with her. hundred yards out, old iron sights, almost as old eyes and she still dropped everything into a head sized grouping.

i am quite sure that when the projectiles go where i want them to, its the rifle. if'n things end up in the berm... its me!

it was great to get an old rifle and put some rounds through it... i shoot constantly these days... 1000 rounds or so a week, but thats test firing new guns or pistols i have serviced... but getn behind an old war-horse is like nothing else out there.

when i was at the range, got into a conversation with a nice gentleman... one thing led to another and... this weekend i will be the happy owner of a 91/30! another rifle i have never had... she's going to be happy sitn next to the m44! i had always wanted one but just never got around to getn one.

anyways... it feels nice to kind of get back into it... buying a few rifles... TRYING to finish up an enfield build too... #4 mk1... looks like the front swivel band screw and upper band screw are as rare as hens teeth these days... i may need to buy a "fixer upper" just for the dang screws!

it's good to come back here, reminds me of the "old days" when i initially caught the life long addiction to curio and relics! hope everyone is doin well!

~Notch

Helen Keller
08-29-2018, 09:27 AM
dont worry , it doesnt end.

as for those Screws. take the front band to a hardware store and theres a certain machine/electrical screw that will fit , you just need to trim down the excess and loc-tite it . I did it last month . i dont know the size , i just kept monkeying around till one fit closely.

ltorlo64
08-29-2018, 01:55 PM
Welcome back!

Richard Simmons
08-29-2018, 06:14 PM
Good to have you back!

Schuetzenman
08-29-2018, 06:51 PM
Hello, good to see you post.

imanaknut
08-29-2018, 07:16 PM
Wellllll-come back!!!!

Prices of everything has gotten crazy. C&R prices are beyond comprehension, but surplus and old stuff has dried up. No more "back of the warehouse" finds anymore.

Notch
08-30-2018, 09:02 AM
$600 k-31s... $250 basic mosins... holy crimeny stuff has got crazy

Notch
08-30-2018, 09:04 AM
i will give that a go this weekend... thanks!