PDA

View Full Version : Knight Fight

Viking350
02-28-2019, 07:40 AM
Does anyone else watch the show Knight Fight on the History channel?

Woogiebear
03-01-2019, 08:09 AM
No, but it sounds like something I could get into. What's it about? Just a bunch of dudes in armor beating the crap out of each other? If you enjoy watching stuff like that then check out buhurt and the medieval martial fights. I think its pretty cool.

Viking350
03-01-2019, 03:37 PM
No, but it sounds like something I could get into. What's it about? Just a bunch of dudes in armor beating the crap out of each other? If you enjoy watching stuff like that then check out buhurt and the medieval martial fights. I think its pretty cool.

That is exactly what it is. They start with a grand melee with six fighter, three one minute rounds. The judges pick top three for team fighting and the remaining three do a one minute sudden dearth round after which the judges select the fourth and final combatant for the team fight. They split into teams of two and the teams fight for two one minute rounds. The judges choose the winning team and then those two fight for the championship, winner gets $10k. At the end of the season all champions fight for the grand prize. Armor and weapons. It makes me appreciate how tough knights were.

5.56NATO
03-01-2019, 06:17 PM
When they start launching serfs from a giant trebuchet let me know.

Woogiebear
03-01-2019, 09:46 PM
If you get the chance you should check out the buhurt videos on youtube. Its medieval fighting, all the way from 1v1 to 30v30. Swords, shields, axes, halberds, and other stuff. Very entertaining.