PDA

View Full Version : Mike Bloomberg Calls NRA "Unreasonable"; NRA Disagrees

Gunreference1
11-01-2010, 07:18 AM
Mike Bloomberg Calls NRA "Unreasonable"; NRA Disagrees

Opinion by NRA
(9 Hours Ago) in Society / Guns

In District of Columbia v. Heller (2008), the Supreme Court indicated that a limited number of gun control restrictions are permissible under the Second Amendment -- provisions such as "prohibitions on the possession of firearms by felons and the mentally ill, or laws forbidding the carrying of firearms in sensitive places such as schools and government buildings, or laws imposing conditions and qualifications on the commercial sale of arms." In McDonald v. Chicago (2010), the Court said that its Heller ruling applied not just to Congress and federal enclaves, such as Washington, D.C., but nationwide as well.

Nevertheless, earlier this year, New York City mayor Michael Bloomberg and his police commissioner, Ray Kelly, proposed new regulations designed to give the NYPD the power to deny a firearm license to anyone, for reasons that most Americans would consider not nearly serious enough to warrant the suppression of a fundamental individual right.

To read the rest of the story click the link below.

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/mike-bloomberg-calls-nra-unreasonable-nra-disagrees

Steve

shorthair
11-01-2010, 07:39 AM
All this crap wouldn't apply to LEO's and Government people because we all know they have High Moral Character.

Krupski
11-01-2010, 11:13 AM
In District of Columbia v. Heller (2008), the Supreme Court indicated that a limited number of gun control restrictions are permissible under the Second Amendment -- provisions such as "prohibitions on the possession of firearms by felons and the mentally ill, or laws forbidding the carrying of firearms in sensitive places such as schools and government buildings..........

A "sensitive" place? All schools seem to be nowadays are target rich gun free victim zones.

There wouldn't be anywhere near as many school shootings if the bad guy(s) had to wonder if someone there were armed and could take THEM out.

Some laws are just not worthy of being obeyed... and the "no guns on campus" law is one of them. Need I say more?

Gunreference1
11-05-2010, 06:35 AM
Proposed New York City firearm policy unconstitutional

Jessica Gerber
Issue date: 11/4/10 Section: Opinion

Once upon a time, there was a land called the United States where many laws were made in order to help keep order and protect the citizens. One of those laws was called the Second Amendment, and it allowed the people of this land to own guns in order to protect themselves.

All fairy tales aside, the Second Amendment is real and it still exists … sort of.

Back in the day, most people owned a gun because they hunted for their food. Nowadays, the only place I hunt for my food is Walmart, so the gun is not so necessary. But the town where I am from is surrounded by country and people who still hunt frequently, so I can understand why many people keep guns. But if I ever move to a city, I might purchase one and learn how to use it to defend myself in an emergency, which is the exact reason that constitutional amendment was created.

To read the rest of the story click the link below.

http://media.www.thelamron.com/media/storage/paper1150/news/2010/11/04/Opinion/Proposed.New.York.City.Firearm.Policy.Unconstituti onal-3954479.shtml

Steve