PDA

View Full Version : Maintenance/tuning

gunsnetadmin
09-06-2019, 12:53 PM
I'm going thru tuning issues right now. GN may be offline/online here and there while I make adjustments. May slow down also.. etc.

imanaknut
09-06-2019, 02:15 PM
Glad to read this. The site has been very slow to load and at least I know why.

Thank you for your continuing maintenance on this site!!!

gunsnetadmin
09-06-2019, 07:35 PM
Looks like I had an influx of Chinese hackers. So I blocked a huge segment of China from the server.

alismith
09-06-2019, 07:39 PM
That explains why I got 8 unintelligible foreign language messages in the inbox the other day....

I didn't open any, but I don't know how to delete them.

gunsnetadmin
09-06-2019, 09:24 PM
@alismith

We were not hacked, it was more like an attempt for a denial of service attack. So I went thru logs and watched realtime to see where the traffic was coming from. Alot of China. So, block all of China.

ltorlo64
09-06-2019, 11:35 PM
@alismith

We were not hacked, it was more like an attempt for a denial of service attack. So I went thru logs and watched realtime to see where the traffic was coming from. Alot of China. So, block all of China.

If we had a like button, I would hit it! Thanks for your work keeping the site up.

ltorlo64
09-06-2019, 11:36 PM
@alismith

If we had a like button, I would hit it! Thanks for your work keeping the site up.

JTHunter
09-09-2019, 10:30 PM
I'm going thru tuning issues right now. GN may be offline/online here and there while I make adjustments. May slow down also.. etc.

Several days ago, I tried to post a reply to 1-Pat's question here - https://www.gunsnet.net/showthread.php/40732-Okay-Krupski-or-other-knowing-people-answer-this-please
Tonight, I tried to PM 1-Pat. Didn't get the "Leave Page" box but DID get the "Forbidden" malarkey.
https://www.gunsnet.net/showthread.php/40765-W-T-H-!
I also haven't been able to upload a picture from my computer to the Random Photo thread for 2-3 months. :swear: