PDA

View Full Version : Very cool!

El Jefe
11-01-2010, 07:48 PM
This is awesome as I'm in the process of teaching my younguns to hunt both rabbits and squirrels. We can hunt ground hogs here too, but I don't have any interest as I eat what I shoot. :)

I'll have to post tomorrow on my work to date with Lucy the Beagle.

slamfire51
11-03-2010, 11:18 PM
This is awesome as I'm in the process of teaching my younguns to hunt both rabbits and squirrels. We can hunt ground hogs here too, but I don't have any interest as I eat what I shoot. :)

I'll have to post tomorrow on my work to date with Lucy the Beagle.

I'm assuming your "younguns" are your beagles.
Don't discount eating groundhog. Boil it first, then batter and fry like chicken. Very tasty. After all, they are 100% vegetarians.

I'm going squirrel hunting as soon as more leaves fall. I like hunting them with a with a .22.

JTHunter
11-06-2010, 12:36 AM
The young ones can be fixed almost any way - pan/deep fried, baked, etc., but the older ones are only fit for a crockpot.

El Jefe
11-06-2010, 10:13 AM
I'm assuming your "younguns" are your beagles.
Don't discount eating groundhog. Boil it first, then batter and fry like chicken. Very tasty. After all, they are 100% vegetarians.

I'm going squirrel hunting as soon as more leaves fall. I like hunting them with a with a .22.

Actually I was referencing my kids, so far I only have the one Beagle, and she's more than enough of a challenge dog wise at the moment. :)