PDA

View Full Version : TN Votes Yes on Hunting and Fishing Rights Constitutional Amendment

slamfire51
11-02-2010, 10:38 PM
The Tennessee Wildlife Federation has spent the past 5 years developing language for a constitutional amendment that creates a right to hunt and fish for the citizens of the State of Tennessee. Brought to the Federation by one of our East Tennessee affiliates, TWF has developed amendment language that is simple, effective, and that works within the language of the Tennessee constitution.

In considering how best to approach this task, the Federation sought and received input and legal review and analysis from former Tennessee Supreme Court Chief Justice Lyle Reid, the Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency and the State Attorney General’s Office, as well as other constitutional law experts. Thus, this joint resolution is a Tennessee solution crafted to work with the Tennessee constitution. It was developed with specific and unambiguous language in an effort to give clear direction and intent to those judges that will interpret this new portion of our state’s constitution.

El Jefe
11-03-2010, 02:09 PM
Cool, but what happened to prompt this? Have there been animal rights nuts trying to outlaw hunting or something?

slamfire51
11-03-2010, 02:13 PM
Cool, but what happened to prompt this? Have there been animal rights nuts trying to outlaw hunting or something?

Not in TN that I know of. But other states are experiencing protests.
I heard a number of states passed similar amendments yesterday.
Just covering our butt just in case.

El Jefe
11-03-2010, 05:55 PM
Not in TN that I know of. But other states are experiencing protests.
I heard a number of states passed similar amendments yesterday.
Just covering our butt just in case.

That's good. I live in the rural part of Missouri so I don't have to listen to much BS of a anti-hunting flavor, but I'm sure in St Louis and Columbia they hate it. Fuck em.

AKTexas
11-03-2010, 06:11 PM
You mean to tell me that some tree hugging hippy vegan wants to impose on our rights to hunt?

fucking fruits all around!

El Jefe
11-03-2010, 06:15 PM
You mean to tell me that some tree hugging hippy vegan wants to impose on our rights to hunt?

fucking fruits all around!

They should make human shields of themselves during deer season.

AKTexas
11-03-2010, 06:15 PM
They should make human shields of themselves during deer season.

I'll bring the bullets.

El Jefe
11-03-2010, 06:40 PM
I'll bring the bullets.

I don't think many of these twits spend much time in the woods, especially when it's cold, windy and perhaps raining.

AKTexas
11-03-2010, 06:44 PM
I don't think many of these twits spend much time in the woods, especially when it's cold, windy and perhaps raining.

Sounds like a great day.

El Jefe
11-03-2010, 06:54 PM
Sounds like a great day.

It certainly describes November weather here.

slamfire51
11-03-2010, 06:59 PM

Uh, hold on!!

I'm waiting for the rain to stop so I can shoot a few yotes.

I'm not a twit.
I'm not a twit.
I'm not a twit.
I'm not.....................

El Jefe
11-03-2010, 07:08 PM
Uh, hold on!!

I'm waiting for the rain to stop so I can shoot a few yotes.

I'm not a twit.
I'm not a twit.
I'm not a twit.
I'm not.....................

It helps to have a purpose. :) Here today was nice, it was in the low 30's early, but by noon had reach into the 50's. I love this weather, but it won't last.

slamfire51
11-03-2010, 07:18 PM
It helps to have a purpose. :) Here today was nice, it was in the low 30's early, but by noon had reach into the 50's. I love this weather, but it won't last.

We're getting your weather in the next few days. Cold and clear in the mornings.

I bought a very large piece of surplus camo material a few yrs. ago, and I'm planning on building a ground blind. Thinking of using 2" Schedule 40 PVC to make the frame and make it "take apart" to move it easily to different stands.
I'm starting it in the morning after the rain moves out.

El Jefe
11-03-2010, 07:22 PM
We're getting your weather in the next few days. Cold and clear in the mornings.

I bought a very large piece of surplus camo material a few yrs. ago, and I'm planning on building a ground blind. Thinking of using 2" Schedule 40 PVC to make the frame and make it "take apart" to move it easily to different stands.
I'm starting it in the morning after the rain moves out.

Sounds like a great idea. I know my next tree stand will have a camo partial blind on it to block some of the wind. I was looking at these the other day and like the idea.

slamfire51
11-03-2010, 07:31 PM
Sounds like a great idea. I know my next tree stand will have a camo partial blind on it to block some of the wind. I was looking at these the other day and like the idea.

Tree stands are out for me.
Believe it or not, I tore ALL the tendons loose in my left foot and was crippled up for a year. I still don't do climbing, so a ground blind is my option. In between posting here on the "Gabe" and other stuff, I've been watching the hunting channels. A lot of guys are using ground blinds, especially turkey hunting.

It just seemed the way to go for me. Movement doesn't have to be restricted like being in the open. Plus it will knock some of the cold wind off.

El Jefe
11-03-2010, 07:39 PM
Tree stands are out for me.
Believe it or not, I tore ALL the tendons loose in my left foot and was crippled up for a year. I still don't do climbing, so a ground blind is my option. In between posting here on the "Gabe" and other stuff, I've been watching the hunting channels. A lot of guys are using ground blinds, especially turkey hunting.

It just seemed the way to go for me. Movement doesn't have to be restricted like being in the open. Plus it will knock some of the cold wind off.

Dang, the foot sounds like no fun. And yes, being able to move a bit would be nice. Two years ago IIRC we had a cold front move through during rifle season and it hit us with freezing rain and sleet, I about froze to death before I could get back to my truck, which was over 2 miles away. Ugh.

slamfire51
11-03-2010, 07:54 PM
Dang, the foot sounds like no fun. And yes, being able to move a bit would be nice. Two years ago IIRC we had a cold front move through during rifle season and it hit us with freezing rain and sleet, I about froze to death before I could get back to my truck, which was over 2 miles away. Ugh.

I remember that.
Dang, I better waterproof the top then.
I have a buddy who hunts with me so I'm thinking a 6' cube should be plenty. I'll cover 180 degrees and he can cover the other 180. Shouldn't miss seeing many critters that way.