PDA

View Full Version : Hereafter (2010) - Trailer (HD)

Arnulf
11-05-2010, 06:45 PM
Any seen this new film directed by Clint Eastwood?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pvgm0lgZwo8

O.S.O.K.
11-05-2010, 06:55 PM
No, but I plan on seeing it. Clint is the man. And it's very interesting and should be comforting to us all that people that have near death experiences uniformly say that they no longer fear death.

I admit that I do fear death - not that I let it rule my life. I make my decisions with the understanding that I will die at some point but I may choose to forfeit my life at some point in exchange for something even more important to me. Like the life of one of my children or my wife... At least, I pray that I have the fortitude to.

Intellectually, I've already made the decision.

I think many men (fathers, husbands) have.

Not sure where this all came from but it's what came to mind.

Arnulf
11-05-2010, 07:10 PM
No, but I plan on seeing it. Clint is the man. And it's very interesting and should be comforting to us all that people that have near death experiences uniformly say that they no longer fear death.

I admit that I do fear death - not that I let it rule my life. I make my decisions with the understanding that I will die at some point but I may choose to forfeit my life at some point in exchange for something even more important to me. Like the life of one of my children or my wife... At least, I pray that I have the fortitude to.

Intellectually, I've already made the decision.

I think many men (fathers, husbands) have.

Not sure where this all came from but it's what came to mind.

Also some people who have died and come back...had a very horrifying experience.....say they seen hell.

Its cool that you speak your mind and let your feelings be known.

Arnulf
11-05-2010, 10:29 PM
In the movie "Ghost" with Patrick Swayze I thought it scary when those black shadow reaper things came for the souls of bad people.

Arnulf
11-05-2010, 10:43 PM
This scene made my eyes water.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9wD51ssxnE&feature=related

JTHunter
11-05-2010, 11:21 PM
That was about the only movie that I've seen that I liked Demi.
Swayze was good no matter what he did. Ever see "Steel Dawn"? He costarred with his wife, Lisa Niemi. Poor script, but he helped make it believable.

TheMrMitch
11-06-2010, 12:44 AM
I am not afraid of death. I shudder to think of it and me being GONE. Poof.
Oh, well. We can't go on forever. I have beaten death several times. Some day I will lose.

slamfire51
11-06-2010, 07:32 AM
I am not afraid of death. I was baptized on Easter Sunday 1976, and have pretty much have kept my nose clean according to God's rules. No breaking the "Big 10".

I do think at night in bed, "What if I died tonight", what would I miss doing, having, people and family, and all the things that God gave us to enjoy. One the other hand, there's a lot I wouldn't miss.
But then I remember that my physical being would be just so much fertilizer. Everything that I knew while alive would be gone in a second.

So, I don't think of these things as much as I used to. Peace of mind is getting easier.

Mark Ducati
11-06-2010, 07:50 AM
Slam, I here you buddy... but I would argue that maybe you haven't outright had an extra-marital sexual affair and committed adultery through physical action... but if you ever saw a hot babe on TV or in a movie and wondered what it'd be like to roll around in the sack with her... some folks believe that you have committed adultery in your heart.

Same goes for murder... you may not have shot and killed someone, but have you ever gotten really pissed off in a road rage incident when some cut you off? You may have killed them in your heart...

ALL men have broken the big 10 in their hearts and minds... no one is righteous except the Lord.

As for fearing death... I do fear it to a point, I don't want any burden upon my family if I should pass.. its funny how having children will slow you down. I don't take as many chances as I used to.

All men are appointed to die but once... the second death is up to you.

--------------------

In discussing dental treatment with patients, particularly the elderly/retired... we often have a conversation of "well, how much more time do I have?"..... I tell them that if they could tell me when they're going to meet Jesus, I could tell them exactly what dental care they should have... I have this conversation at least 2-3 times a week (large retirement population here).... Sometimes I'll say "well, if the good Lord grants you another 15-20 years.... ", then they say "oh I hope I dont live that long.... "... I had this converasation with a patient and now good friend, I said "Carol, at what point does your thinking change? At what point are you acceptive of death?"

She said that for her, that at 78 years of age, once she's seen her children grown with their own families, getting to spend time with the grandchildren... her life was complete. Nobody wants to suffer, but if I'm of sound mind and can see my grandchildren... I think at that point too, you don't worry about death as much.

slamfire51
11-06-2010, 08:15 AM
Ok, you got me.
I never physically broke any of the Big 10's.

btcave
11-06-2010, 08:54 AM
Very familiar with the fear of death. Not for me, but for my families loss and the loss of our plans for the future. The thoughts during missions of someone scraping my remains out of my gun truck after an EFP (IED) attack on route Vernon made me do some thinking.

O.S.O.K.
11-06-2010, 11:19 AM
Arnulf, I've never seen or heard of the people going ti hell and then coming back.... do you have any links or similar? Not saying it isn't so, just that I haven't seen it. All of the near death stories that I've seen are about seeing the light, loved ones, music, etc...

AK_Apostle
11-06-2010, 11:41 AM
I don't believe the coming back stories. There maybe medical signs and equipment that say a person is clinically dead but no way can they be 100% for sure.

I believe I'm going to hell from all that I have read.... It really sucks to be me. :firedevil:

Arnulf
11-06-2010, 12:01 PM
Arnulf, I've never seen or heard of the people going ti hell and then coming back.... do you have any links or similar? Not saying it isn't so, just that I haven't seen it. All of the near death stories that I've seen are about seeing the light, loved ones, music, etc...

I have watched tv programs on the ND phenomena....and they were talking about how most ND programs on tv only deal with the pleasant side for the feel good people......this show documented both sides of the phenomena.....the very good experience and the very bad experince...here is a link I found on google....you can find more if you want to research it...everyone is definitely not going to the same place.

http://www.iands.org/distressing.html

El Jefe
11-06-2010, 12:21 PM
Yeah, I once watch a documentary on the subject and two of the stories they told were about people who had near death experiences that weren't pleasant and didn't involve going toward a light. I dunno what to make of any of it, but the negative cases do seem to exist.

slamfire51
11-06-2010, 12:52 PM
Well, for me, if it's to the point of me seeing the white light, let me go.

If it is the other way, someone better resuscitate my ass fast!!!!