PDA

View Full Version : I Want a Mosin in this Configuration

slamfire51
11-06-2010, 09:04 AM
I saw this on the net. Although it's not a Mosin, I still want a folding stock similar to this one.
It would make a short barreled Mosin more convenient to carry in the truck or when hunting/camping. I suppose a person could take a synthetic stock and attack a folding mechanism and pistol grip on it.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c80/Canis-latrans/mosinsidefolder.jpg

deth502
11-06-2010, 09:12 AM
might be easier geting that and inletting it for a mosin. the only real setback i see would be the rear trigger guard screw, as that actually holds the action in. if you could work around that it should be easy

slamfire51
11-06-2010, 09:26 AM
might be easier geting that and inletting it for a mosin. the only real setback i see would be the rear trigger guard screw, as that actually holds the action in. if you could work around that it should be easy

That's why I'm thinking an ATI stock could be modified to a folder.
That would make things easier all the way around.

Zoff12
11-06-2010, 11:33 AM
I saw this on the net. Although it's not a Mosin, I still want a folding stock similar to this one.
It would make a short barreled Mosin more convenient to carry in the truck or when hunting/camping. I suppose a person could take a synthetic stock and attack a folding mechanism and pistol grip on it.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c80/Canis-latrans/mosinsidefolder.jpg
I had one of those on a Rem 700 PSS. Wished I hadn't sold the stock. Beautiful little setup with an 18" bbl.

slamfire51
11-06-2010, 01:03 PM
I had one of those on a Rem 700 PSS. Wished I hadn't sold the stock. Beautiful little setup with an 18" bbl.

So, you did like the stock?
I was hoping someone would chime in and rate it.

With as many Mosins out there, you would think a company would design and market different aftermarket stocks.
I know Boyds offers wood stocks, but they are not what I'm looking for.

Zoff12
11-06-2010, 01:24 PM
So, you did like the stock?
I was hoping someone would chime in and rate it.

With as many Mosins out there, you would think a company would design and market different aftermarket stocks.
I know Boyds offers wood stocks, but they are not what I'm looking for.
Yeah... I liked it for what it was. I ended up selling the stock to someone on the old Gunsnet. Can't remember who. The main thing I didn't like was the butt was a bit narrow. Was not comfortable to shoot over an extended session. If I got another folder for the Remington, it would be one of the Accuracy International folders but I believe that would be a bit more than one would want to sink into a Mosin.

slamfire51
11-06-2010, 01:30 PM
Yeah... I liked it for what it was. I ended up selling the stock to someone on the old Gunsnet. Can't remember who. The main thing I didn't like was the butt was a bit narrow. Was not comfortable to shoot over an extended session. If I got another folder for the Remington, it would be one of the Accuracy International folders but I believe that would be a bit more than one would want to sink into a Mosin.

Yep, I'm not going to sink loads of $$ in a $100 rifle. But then again, if I did do something like I want, I would keep it and not worry what the market value would be.
I like the Mosins and I have 2 very accurate ones.
If you guys run up on any aftermarket synthetic stocks besides the ATI, give me a shout.

aliceinchains
11-06-2010, 01:44 PM
I am surprised Advanced Technology hasn't put one out yet. They have one for the SKS.

slamfire51
11-06-2010, 01:49 PM
I am surprised Advanced Technology hasn't put one out yet. They have one for the SKS.

I wish they would.
I want a folder badly. I may have to make my own.
Shouldn't be that hard to come up with a folder mechanism.

Dr. Gonzo GED
11-06-2010, 02:55 PM
That looks pretty handy! Personally, I'd want one in this configuration:

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k51/otto_rex/obrez.jpg
:otq:

mriddick
11-14-2010, 01:24 PM
For an SKS once I took the back part of a Choate folder and added to a damaged front end of a SKS D stock. The Choate folder I used had the pistol grip attached so all I had to do was cut the SKS stock in a straight line behind the trigger group and attack the folder with 4 screws (the folder mechanism already had the holes for the screws). I bought the folder at a show for $40.

slamfire51
11-14-2010, 01:29 PM
For an SKS once I took the back part of a Choate folder and added to a damaged front end of a SKS D stock. The Choate folder I used had the pistol grip attached so all I had to do was cut the SKS stock in a straight line behind the trigger group and attack the folder with 4 screws (the folder mechanism already had the holes for the screws). I bought the folder at a show for $40.

I don't suppose you have a pic of it?