PDA

View Full Version : Bought a used XD9SC.

nfa1934
11-06-2010, 03:12 PM
$424 with spare mag.

http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss286/nfa1934/73701_1685124413854_1409964711_31729877_588691_n.j pg

nfa1934
11-06-2010, 04:02 PM
Bought it to be my "Tennessee" gun. I fly home about once a month and I forgot to leave a pistol behind as my carry piece back home. I also don't want to check a gun at the airport every time I fly (I love flying with just a carry on).

The more I handle it, the more I like it and want to carry it here though. I'm thinking about keeping the XD9SC here and taking my S&W 340PD to leave in TN instead. As a plus to keeping the XD here, I am waiting on paperwork for a Thompson Machine Poseidon 9mm suppressor. It is an extremely compact suppressor and would pair nicely with the XD9SC (it is currently intended for it's larger brother, an XDM 3.8).

This is the Poseidon on a compact Glock (would be really nice on the subcompact XD):

http://www.thompsonmachine.net/img/sup/p4.jpg

Which gun would you take home and leave in TN, the XD or the S&W?

videodon
11-06-2010, 05:15 PM
Leave the S&W in TN.
Poseidon looks nice.
...waiting for my EVO-9 stamp.
:)

nfa1934
11-06-2010, 05:32 PM
Your EVO paperwork should clear soon. I'm eager to hear about it.

I think the Smith is going to TN and I will be ordering a threaded barrel for the little XD as soon as Storm Lake has them available ("coming soon" on the website). The "big grey Tylenol" is going to go well with it.

BTW, the pic of the suppressor above is from the Thompson Machine website. I still don't own a Glock.

videodon
11-06-2010, 05:43 PM
"big grey Tylenol" ...LOL!
:)

mriddick
11-06-2010, 06:16 PM
It sure does look "square" doesn't it? :) I have a friend with a XD9, he likes it alot, although that's the full size pistol.

nfa1934
11-06-2010, 07:15 PM
It is a boxy looking thing isn't it?

mriddick
11-06-2010, 07:41 PM
Ugly like a bulldog, and everyone likes bulldogs :)

aliceinchains
11-06-2010, 08:18 PM
Bought it to be my "Tennessee" gun. I fly home about once a month and I forgot to leave a pistol behind as my carry piece back home. I also don't want to check a gun at the airport every time I fly (I love flying with just a carry on).

The more I handle it, the more I like it and want to carry it here though. I'm thinking about keeping the XD9SC here and taking my S&W 340PD to leave in TN instead. As a plus to keeping the XD here, I am waiting on paperwork for a Thompson Machine Poseidon 9mm suppressor. It is an extremely compact suppressor and would pair nicely with the XD9SC (it is currently intended for it's larger brother, an XDM 3.8).

This is the Poseidon on a compact Glock (would be really nice on the subcompact XD):

http://www.thompsonmachine.net/img/sup/p4.jpg

Which gun would you take home and leave in TN, the XD or the S&W?

So you have a short suppressor on this pistol. And the longer one in the case. Sorry never used one.The one you have on looks like a cylinder for an air gun.

nfa1934
11-06-2010, 09:21 PM
So you have a short suppressor on this pistol. And the longer one in the case. Sorry never used one.The one you have on looks like a cylinder for an air gun.

No, this pic is from the Thompson Machine website. I'm waiting for the paperwork to clear on one of this model suppressor. It's going to go on the XD pistol pictured in the first post. The pic of the XD is my pic of my gun.

nfa1934
11-06-2010, 09:22 PM
BTW, the pic of the suppressor above is from the Thompson Machine website. I still don't own a Glock.

___

aliceinchains
11-06-2010, 09:46 PM
No, this pic is from the Thompson Machine website. I'm waiting for the paperwork to clear on one of this model suppressor. It's going to go on the XD pistol pictured in the first post. The pic of the XD is my pic of my gun.

Sorry for the brain fart.

nfa1934
11-06-2010, 10:02 PM
If you don't catch that follow up post, it does kinda look like I'm posting a pic of my setup.

nfa1934
11-11-2010, 06:49 PM
Picked up the big grey tylenol today! Still no threaded barrel. Pics soon.

videodon
11-11-2010, 07:00 PM
Picked up the big grey tylenol today! Still no threaded barrel. Pics soon.

Kewl!
I know it'll be quiet...with wipes...and wet!
phhht!
;)

nfa1934
11-12-2010, 05:26 AM
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs974.snc4/76736_1694585570377_1409964711_31746644_4589675_n. jpg

DeadPool
11-12-2010, 08:30 PM
Um lets see:
The roll pins are gonna break after the second mag
Its a Glock copy, piece of croatian shit
Its only been around 20 yrs so it isnt a proven platform like the Glock
The bore axis is gay... rear safties are only cool on 1911's

yea and Bill Mar is a right wing extremist

RCS
11-12-2010, 08:31 PM
Leave your S&W in TN. I have a 9SC that I plan to use for carry. It's a sweet little pistol that I just can't notmiss with. Nothing but good things to say about it. And I've also wanted to suppress it for a long while.

Now, what I want to know is:
How quiet is that suppressor?
You said Storm Lake makes a threaded barrel--does anyone else?
Could you link to the website where you ordered that suppressor?

Thanks.

PS- Where in TN?

nfa1934
11-13-2010, 01:10 AM
I still don't have the threaded barrel (I cheated on the pic and just stuck the suppressor against the barrel). I have a threaded barrel ordered for the "big brother" an XDM 3.8 from Storm Lake. Storm Lake has a barrel "coming soon" for the 9SC and I plan to order one as soon as they are available. For some companies, "coming soon" means "don't hold your breath", but Storm Lake actually means "coming soon." The barrel for the XDM 3.8 was "coming soon" a little over a month ago and now I have one on the way.

The only companies I've seen that make threaded barrels for the XD pistols are Storm Lake and EFK Firedragon. I went with Storm Lake because they responded to my inquiries (still haven't heard anything from EFK, from what I understand they are notoriously unresponsive) and Storm Lake is in TN (I like spending money at home).

I frequently travel to Murfreesboro.

http://www.stormlakebarrel.com/

cciota
11-13-2010, 10:40 AM
Good buy on the XD9SC. That is my concealed carry pistol and I love it. I think I paid 475 when I bought mine, two years ago. Get the Pierce grip extensions for the 10 round mags. They make the pistol more comfortable to handle when your not using the 16 round mags. You have someplace to rest your pinky finger.

RCS
11-13-2010, 06:51 PM
I still don't have the threaded barrel (I cheated on the pic and just stuck the suppressor against the barrel). I have a threaded barrel ordered for the "big brother" an XDM 3.8 from Storm Lake. Storm Lake has a barrel "coming soon" for the 9SC and I plan to order one as soon as they are available. For some companies, "coming soon" means "don't hold your breath", but Storm Lake actually means "coming soon." The barrel for the XDM 3.8 was "coming soon" a little over a month ago and now I have one on the way.

The only companies I've seen that make threaded barrels for the XD pistols are Storm Lake and EFK Firedragon. I went with Storm Lake because they responded to my inquiries (still haven't heard anything from EFK, from what I understand they are notoriously unresponsive) and Storm Lake is in TN (I like spending money at home).

I frequently travel to Murfreesboro.

http://www.stormlakebarrel.com/

Thanks for the response. I've been curious about chopping down a Service Model barrel for use, but I haven't heard of anyone doing this so it probably cannot be done. Make sure to keep us updated, sir.