PDA

View Full Version : Some pics of the Eberlestock Ruck/Contents G4 Operator

arcangel
11-07-2010, 02:27 AM
Top pic, What was in it before, Kinda. A light summer type loadout, Ammo, MRE's, cloathing, matches.

Second pic, restuffing the ammo, down low. 340 rds match 308, 40 rds 45+P, 250 9mm, 240 rds M855, 120 rds TAP 5.56. So Far.

Third pic, after I got the main compartments, filled, note space for AR type rifle in first layer side pockets, and second lay room for ammo, cold weather gear. And also rifle scabbard on back was empty. Added more cold weather gear and shelter related items to the ruck when re stuffing, in at about 55-60 lbs, Im going to max this bitch out at maybe 95-100 lbs. This is my all out SHTF and I need everything I can long term ruck.

Just thought Id share, Godbless...

swampdragon
11-07-2010, 03:40 AM
Top pic, What was in it before, Kinda. A light summer type loadout, Ammo, MRE's, cloathing, matches.

Second pic, restuffing the ammo, down low. 340 rds match 308, 40 rds 45+P, 250 9mm, 240 rds M855, 120 rds TAP 5.56. So Far.

Third pic, after I got the main compartments, filled, note space for AR type rifle in first layer side pockets, and second lay room for ammo, cold weather gear. And also rifle scabbard on back was empty. Added more cold weather gear and shelter related items to the ruck when re stuffing, in at about 55-60 lbs, Im going to max this bitch out at maybe 95-100 lbs. This is my all out SHTF and I need everything I can long term ruck.

Just thought Id share, Godbless...

Your "long-term" rucking is gonna last less than an hour with 100lbs on your back, plus weapon and clothing and gear.
Not trying to be an ass or anything, but you need the break that shit down into more manageable bags and create separate caches.

arcangel
11-07-2010, 03:55 AM
I mean its only at 55-60 right now without rifle, but what I meant by maxing it out at 100 was I just want to see how much I can stuff in it. Im not going to run around with really more than whats in it now. Before I repacked it today it was around 40lbs, I only added some cold weather gear and a lil bit of 556. I have room for more, just using the main so far, very curious to how much can be put in it, with 14 MRE's in there, most broken down and battle packed. I like the capabilities.

arcangel
11-07-2010, 04:01 AM
I also run 3-5 miles a week consistantly, and do mad push ups, sit ups, and such. Poor mans exercise. Im in shape, just small framed. So 60 lbs plus bolt rifle, and AR-15 an its mags and both pistols is all that bad really man.

swampdragon
11-07-2010, 04:01 AM
I mean its only at 55-60 right now without rifle, but what I meant by maxing it out at 100 was I just want to see how much I can stuff in it. Im not going to run around with really more than whats in it now. Before I repacked it today it was around 40lbs, I only added some cold weather gear and a lil bit of 556. I have room for more, just using the main so far, very curious to how much can be put in it, with 14 MRE's in there, most broken down and battle packed. I like the capabilities.

Oh.
OK.
I must have misunderstood.
Testing just to see what fits is different than killing yourself trying to hump it all.
I see.

arcangel
11-07-2010, 04:02 AM
I also run 3-5 miles a week consistantly, and do mad push ups, sit ups, and such. Poor mans exercise. Im in shape, just small framed. So 60 lbs plus bolt rifle, and AR-15 an its mags and both pistols is not all that bad really man.

swampdragon
11-07-2010, 04:41 AM
I also run 3-5 miles a week consistantly, and do mad push ups, sit ups, and such. Poor mans exercise. Im in shape, just small framed. So 60 lbs plus bolt rifle, and AR-15 an its mags and both pistols is not all that bad really man.

OK then.
Good luck.

HDR
11-07-2010, 05:43 AM

That is all good; however, humping that weight 24/7 it will eat your strength. Ask current or former 11B or 03 types.

arcangel
11-07-2010, 06:56 AM
I understand that HDR, It'll get lighter as I would use the stuff in it. If SHTF and I had to go, thats all Im gunna get, might as well get the most of it. No free refills.

AK-J
11-09-2010, 01:27 PM
archangel, have you actually humped that thing fully loaded for 5 to 10+ miles. I think when you have, you'll understand what swampy and HDR are talking about.

arcangel
11-09-2010, 02:45 PM
Yes, last spring on a 4 day camping trip with some buddies. Hiking around in the woods on some state land. It was heavy but didnt stress me out or bother me. We werent doing like 10+ miles a day, and taking our time. The only thing that sucks is when the trail gets steep.

HDR
11-10-2010, 09:31 AM
Yes, last spring on a 4 day camping trip with some buddies. Hiking around in the woods on some state land. It was heavy but didnt stress me out or bother me. We werent doing like 10+ miles a day, and taking our time. The only thing that sucks is when the trail gets steep.

Were you armed or as some would prefer "humping a combat load" also?

Around here all trails are steep unless you walk on the ridge lines or valleys. Although both are fine for hiking; "tactically" they suck.

You mentioned your pack was heavy but not an overload. Let's pretend it is SHTF; you and your friends bugged out and are looking for a place...

My particular mindset isnt really a secret at work a hand full of us have been stocking up and arming up and practicing and devloping our collective skills. I feel like alot of people aren't going to make it, but there is one person in particular who asks about the reasons for this or that just to hear me give the in depth explaination to ridicular and make fun of me. I wish death on no one but this person who is doing nothing to help himself and on top of that making fun of me is not getting access to my restart of civilization plans. The herd needs a thinning out anyway.

In the process of looking you run into hawk1911 and friends or others who have invested a hell of a lot of their time and money prepping. The good thing about this kind of encounter is to end it all anyone needs to do is beat feet. As running you off was the mission; they will be more than happy to let it go. Plus even if they aren't as it is a shtf world, they must also consider that your mission could be a diversion to lure their assets away so the rest of your group can rape pillage and plunder. Then squeeze them between your two groups..

So what Swampy and I were implying and AK-j is pointing out is how far can you run with your pack before you have to drop it?

Btw, I am not saying hawk1911 is wrong; he and company busted their ass so planning on protecting their investment is a given. After all, if this "investment" tanks you and your family die.

IMO, the nomads will be city people as most of us country people will stay put. I have food, shelter, water and game are here so why not?

Also if a group would drive me away; I know the terrain and I'll make the remainder of their short lives hell.

That was way too much typing for this time of the day.. lol

arcangel
11-10-2010, 02:53 PM
Probably wont be able to run all that fast or far with it. On the 4 day trip I had an AR15 and 7 mags, and glock with 5, thats a decent loadout I guess.

HDR
11-15-2010, 06:31 AM
Depending on what they will be doing Infantry carries a variety of loads. The problem for us is we would need to carry the same load no matter what are the circumstances.

Lysander
11-15-2010, 07:33 AM
I understand that HDR, It'll get lighter as I would use the stuff in it. If SHTF and I had to go, thats all Im gunna get, might as well get the most of it. No free refills.

Get the load down to what you think is manageable, then don't forget to add in your normal stuff (side arm, spare mags, knives, etc) plus your long arm, and then don't forget your water. Then see if you can do a 12 mile trail in rough(er) terrain and see how you feel.

arcangel
11-16-2010, 12:20 AM
See thats the thing, other than food and ammo, there's 2 pairs of extra cloathing, socks, and undies, water filter, matches, and minimal cold weather gear.