PDA

View Full Version : How to Troubleshoot Your Riflescope Zeroing Problems

Gunreference1
12-06-2020, 02:35 AM
https://www.outdoorlife.com/story/hunting/how-to-troubleshoot-your-riflescope-zeroing-problems/?utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR2VhriMJrMznNVn0pi6wXeu_9RAOENThzmltxFkg QL_nV8gBof0eDw_Pk4

Steve

Woogiebear
12-06-2020, 06:41 AM
Good read. My hunting rifle is a Remington 7600 in .270 Win. with a Nikon BDC scope. I have had the rifle for about 10 years and love it dearly but was getting really frustrated when I first tried to zero it. I didn't know that a hot barrel would change the point of impact that much. I kept chasing holes around the paper thinking either my rifle or scope was faulty. After talking to my father-in-law, who suggested the rifle and the caliber, he told me the next time I go to zero, give a few minutes between shots. It worked. I was clover-leafing the target now and I also learned that if I have to take a quick follow up shot that my rifle shoots 1 inch down and slightly to the right at 100yds, every time. I have been able to help several of my friends who were struggling with their rifles as well.

imanaknut
12-06-2020, 02:59 PM
It is hard to believe how much a barrel moves around between cold and hot.