PDA

View Full Version : any alternatives to the high creep trigger on my wasr?

quazymoto360
11-09-2010, 12:54 AM
i recently purchased a romanian ak and it came with a tapco single hook trigger
which is alright.. but i prefer a crisp clean trigger pull without a quarter inch of creep before discharge..

so i have done some research and i found a couple triggers that caught my eye
the jard
http://www.jardinc.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=section&layout=blog&id=11&Itemid=25
the three pound

or
http://www.parts4ak47.com/ak-47_accessories/product/AK-47_Adjustable_Military_Trigger.html

i like how this one has a primary catch that is shorter then the tapco making less creep

unfortunately i am not a fan of the price of either
my second option is to do some smithing of my own
i have fooled around with shortening the primary catch on the tapco only to find that when i reached the clean crisp break that i want the safety doesnt work and the rifle also double taps (firing on depression of trigger and also on release) so the secondary catch (the one that slides in the groove of the trigger and has the little spring) needs to be longer.. to make the weapon legal and reliable

anyway i would be interested in any feedback thet you may have on the subject and whether anyone has tested or owns either of the triggers above

ubersoldate
11-09-2010, 01:02 AM
tapco g2.

Welcome to gunsnet!

quazymoto360
11-09-2010, 01:28 AM
thanks for the welcome
and as for the tapco its not my cup of tea as stated in orig post

Elk River
11-09-2010, 09:52 AM
Welcome to Gunsnet!

Try the Tapco G2, the double hook will change your mind. 99.9% of my customers are amazed with it.

Good Luck!

imanaknut
11-09-2010, 02:05 PM
Welcome to the group !!! :welcome:

I believe what you are feeling is known as a double stage trigger. I personally like them because it allows me to squeeze the trigger to just at the point of let off, then when I am ready, I can fire it knowing exactly when it will go off.

That said, everyone is different, and I can understand where you are coming from.

If you get a double hook trigger set, which usually is a single stage, you will have to either modify the trigger or rifle for the second hammer hook. I installed one on one of my SAR-1s. I dremeled the bottom of the extra hook until it fit into the receiver without interference. There is enough metal to allow it, but I advise removing metal very slowly, and test fitting very often.