PDA

View Full Version : $284 Smith & Wesson 4586 45 ACP

O.S.O.K.
07-21-2010, 08:58 AM
I just selected the "buy now" on this pistol:

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/images/S&W%204586-1.jpg

Poleece trade-in "PTI". "USED S&W 4586 45ACP w/ Night Sights & 2 mags." *

$264 and $25 shipping. There will be a small charge for using the cc but that's OK. Can't beat this price IMHO.

Reviews on Buds were very good. Some of these are like-new - right out of storage. Night sights most likely are dead but you never know. I bought a PTI G17 from them last year with night sights and they are still going. Very reasuring looking over at the nightstand in the hotel and seeing those glowing sights...

This will be the third PTI pistol that I've bought - first was a Sig P220 which turned out to be a great purchase -the Smith 9mm was the second, this, the third.

Anyway, I'm pumped. I just gave a Smith 9mm to my daughter and new son in law and this is kind of to replace that...

I remember back when these came out. The guys that bought them really liked em. Good shooters and feel good in the hand.

Looking forward to getting my mitts on this one.

The funny thing is that Bud's had one of these - only a TSW version w/o the rail on auction and it went for $363. I had bid $350 for it. They sent me an email and said that since they had multiples, I could have one for the $350. Well, I decided to check gunbroker to see what they were going for. And that's where I found their ad for the "regular" 4586 :martinismiley:

RJ Shooter
07-21-2010, 09:29 AM
On the 3rd Gen S&Ws like this, the DOA triggers are better than the standard DA triggers. I find the DA triggers to have too long of a pull, and they release too far back. Good buy on a big ole Smith .45!!!! Nice Score!

O.S.O.K.
07-21-2010, 09:36 AM
Thanks. I know the DAO trigger on my Smith 9mm DAO was very good. This is one of three models approved by the FBI for their agents in 2000.

I'll post the pics and range report after I get it.

American Rage
07-22-2010, 03:48 PM
I think it's a very good deal. The problem is that when I add in the shipping and FFL. I find myself looking at other firearms in the same price range.

Rage

raxar
07-22-2010, 04:21 PM
+1 on the DAO smiths, I picked up a 4046 a couple years ago (also ex-cop gun) and am very pleased with it.

O.S.O.K.
07-22-2010, 06:31 PM
I think it's a very good deal. The problem is that when I add in the shipping and FFL. I find myself looking at other firearms in the same price range.

Rage

$317 will be my total. What can you get for that which is more attractive? I already have a Cz82... don't want a Polish Mak... Argentine High Power?

American Rage
07-22-2010, 06:47 PM
$317 will be my total. What can you get for that which is more attractive? I already have a Cz82... don't want a Polish Mak... Argentine High Power?

For me it would run around $344. For that I could pick up a local CZ82, kel-tec sub2000, or spend $20 more and get a K31 Swiss. Still think you got a great deal. But for me there's other things that I pesonally want first for near the same money.

Rage

videodon
07-22-2010, 07:05 PM
I like it!
:)

mriddick
07-22-2010, 07:16 PM
Hey Don you made it :)

Nice pistol for sure.

videodon
07-22-2010, 07:31 PM
Hey Don you made it :)

Nice pistol for sure.

Yessir, it's great to be back. Good to see ya.
...guess I should throw them some money (again) now.
:)