PDA

View Full Version : Troubles logging in.

AK-J
07-21-2010, 09:13 AM
A friend of mine has had some trouble logging in.

He described it as, "It lets me get to the "Thank you for logging in, RCS..." And then it returns to the log-in page."

I told him to check if cookies were enabled, but I haven't heard back from him yet to see if that worked.

RCS is his handle on here.

Guns Network Staff
07-21-2010, 03:04 PM
I cannot see anything wrong with his permissions

gunsnetadmin
07-21-2010, 04:35 PM
make sure he's going to www.gunsnet.net and not gunsnet.net .. if its the latter and the first one works..let me know. I'll do some adjusting with a url rewrite in the background. I havent gotten around to it because of a hardware issue.

AK-J
07-21-2010, 06:00 PM
Thanks guys, I've let him know.

RCS
07-21-2010, 06:53 PM
Thanks! My cookies were set fine, I guess the problem was that I was using gunsnet.net and nt www.gunsnet.net.

I really appreciate everyone's help.

gunsnetadmin
07-21-2010, 07:00 PM
Thanks! My cookies were set fine, I guess the problem was that I was using gunsnet.net and nt www.gunsnet.net.

I really appreciate everyone's help.

no problem. I know what the issue is.. I've just been swamped with setting up backups, hardware issue, speeding up vbulletin etc.

RCS
07-21-2010, 07:24 PM
no problem. I know what the issue is.. I've just been swamped with setting up backups, hardware issue, speeding up vbulletin etc.

Running one of these isn't easy, I got what you mean. Good luck.

JTHunter
07-23-2010, 11:34 PM
TO GNS Staff - - what is going on with all these frequent logins?? I've had to log in 3 times since my initial login tonight, all within about 45 minutes?!? I went to the bathroom and had to log back in. I went to look for a book while typing a reply, came back about 5 minutes later, and had to login AGAIN. WHAT GIVES??

gunsnetadmin
07-23-2010, 11:38 PM
TO GNS Staff - - what is going on with all these frequent logins?? I've had to log in 3 times since my initial login tonight, all within about 45 minutes?!? I went to the bathroom and had to log back in. I went to look for a book while typing a reply, came back about 5 minutes later, and had to login AGAIN. WHAT GIVES??

http://www.gunsnet.net/forumdisplay.php?6-Update-Upgrade-Info-Forum

It has answers to all of your questions!