PDA

View Full Version : Skyline

slamfire51
11-10-2010, 10:00 PM
Anyone planning to see Skyline this weekend? Previews somewhat reminds me of Independence Day.

O.S.O.K.
11-10-2010, 10:10 PM
I'd like to but probably not. All's I can say is that it better not end with the aliens getting infections and dieing... :lol:

slamfire51
11-10-2010, 10:18 PM
I'd like to but probably not. All's I can say is that it better not end with the aliens getting infections and dieing... :lol:

LOL, that has gotten old.

I normally don't watch movies in theaters, but wait for the DVD release.
I've spent enough $$ on DVD players and surround sound systems that it doesn't justify going to a theater.

Besides, they charge outrageous prices for concessions.

Tx Dogblaster
11-11-2010, 12:23 AM
Oh thank God this thread is about movie... I thought it hD something to do with disgusting chocolate and cinnamon "chili" from the Midwest....

RJ Shooter
11-11-2010, 12:36 AM
Mmmmmmm, Skyline 5-Way Chili!!!!! ...and thousands of people being sucked up into alien vessels! :p

slamfire51
11-11-2010, 07:23 AM
Oh thank God this thread is about movie... I thought it hD something to do with disgusting chocolate and cinnamon "chili" from the Midwest....

Who the Hell would put chocolate and cinnamon on chili??? Simply NASTY!!

Do you Texas guys see this?

Tx Dogblaster
11-11-2010, 08:22 AM
Who the Hell would put chocolate and cinnamon on chili??? Simply NASTY!!

Do you Texas guys see this?

Exactly the point. Some things just shouldn't be considered. Let alone actually done. EVER!!!

AKTexas
11-11-2010, 08:26 AM
Texas Chili has beans...not chocolate,cinnamon,or any other ghay spices.

slamfire51
11-11-2010, 08:30 AM
Exactly the point. Some things just shouldn't be considered. Let alone actually done. EVER!!!

I do have to admit, I made a big pot of home made chili one day and grabbed the ground cinnamon instead of chili powder.
It was sweet tasting, but nasty at the same time.

AKTexas
11-11-2010, 08:33 AM
I do have to admit, I made a big pot of home made chili one day and grabbed the ground cinnamon instead of chili powder.
It was sweet tasting, but nasty at the same time.

Check your eyes lately?

slamfire51
11-11-2010, 08:34 AM
Check your eyes lately?

I can't read.
I go by colors.
Cinnamon looks like chili powder in a dark cabinet.

AKTexas
11-11-2010, 08:39 AM
I can't read.
I go by colors.
Cinnamon looks like chili powder in a dark cabinet.

Yeah thats the ticket!Blame the darkness!

slamfire51
11-11-2010, 08:41 AM
Yeah thats the ticket!Blame the darkness!

That's my excuse, and I'm sticking with it.

AKTexas
11-11-2010, 08:44 AM
That's my excuse, and I'm sticking with it.

Next Rosie will blame Oreo cookies for making a fat dyke!

El Jefe
11-11-2010, 08:44 AM
I've not heard of this movie, guess I'll wait for the dvd.

Good chili doesn't have chocolate, cinnamon or friggin beans. Beans are just a filler to make it go farther.

slamfire51
11-11-2010, 08:51 AM

Good chili doesn't have chocolate, cinnamon or friggin beans. Beans are just a filler to make it go farther.

The movie preview is on now on ABC...oops......you just missed it.

Bean, beans, Good for your heart,
The more you eat, the more you fart.

What fun is eating chili if you can't fart afterwards?

My chili gets beans.

AKTexas
11-11-2010, 08:55 AM

I put 4 lbs of meat into my chili and only 1 lb of beans.

El Jefe
11-11-2010, 09:04 AM
I put 4 lbs of meat into my chili and only 1 lb of beans.

Beans just bring nothing to the table. I use half and half of ground beef and ground pork. I'll use deer burger if I got it. Lots of onion, a few chilies, canned crushed tomatoes and hot Rotel. For spice I use a packet of Williams and Mexene chili powder.

AKTexas
11-11-2010, 09:40 AM
Beans just bring nothing to the table. I use half and half of ground beef and ground pork. I'll use deer burger if I got it. Lots of onion, a few chilies, canned crushed tomatoes and hot Rotel. For spice I use a packet of Williams and Mexene chili powder.

No chilies?WTF?I use 4-8 serranos for heat.

Cypher
11-11-2010, 09:42 AM
Not sure if I'll see Skyline or not.

Chili with cinnamon, mmmm goood (as long as it is a light hint of cinnamon). Never heard of chocolate in chili, that sound gross.

abpt1
11-11-2010, 09:57 AM
http://www.wisevid.com/play?v=qDJfue-Aanw

RJ Shooter
11-11-2010, 10:15 AM
I take it you wusses have never had Skyline chili. It's really "Cincinnati" chili originating in Blue Ash! AND IT'S DELICIOUS! :D

I love TexMex Chili just as well, but there are different tastes out there. Ribs and Barbecue can be St. Louis, Tennessee, Texas or Carolina. I like them all...

Expand your narrow minds girls! :p

http://www.skylinechili.com/

matshock
11-11-2010, 10:43 AM

Texture.

sevlex
11-11-2010, 11:10 AM
.... Never heard of chocolate in chili, that sound gross.

My wife adds a little unsweetened chocolate to her New Mexico red chili. Makes it a little like a mole sauce.

El Jefe
11-11-2010, 11:18 AM
No chilies?WTF?I use 4-8 serranos for heat.

Don't they teach reading to you Texicans? :)

El Jefe
11-11-2010, 11:19 AM
I take it you wusses have never had Skyline chili. It's really "Cincinnati" chili originating in Blue Ash! AND IT'S DELICIOUS! :D

I love TexMex Chili just as well, but there are different tastes out there. Ribs and Barbecue can be St. Louis, Tennessee, Texas or Carolina. I like them all...

BBQ comes from KC.

AKTexas
11-11-2010, 12:16 PM
Don't they teach reading to you Texicans? :)

I missed that...Must have been a Konspiracy.

RJ Shooter
11-11-2010, 12:22 PM
BBQ comes from KC.I had KC written, then accidentally erased everything, typed it out again, of course forgetting KC...LOL

matshock
11-11-2010, 12:55 PM
BBQ comes from KC.

Oh yeah- Gate's is way over-rated though.

We have an outfit here called Buzz BBQ- they do their own thing; very moist, semi-sweet. I like it. But I miss Houston's.

slamfire51
11-11-2010, 01:10 PM

We had a Cincinnati Chili restaurant here a few years back.
I ate there ONCE. The chili was so mild, a new born could have eaten it with no problems. It didn't last but a year, and it was gone.
And I don't like cheese on my chili, unless it's on a chili dog with loads of onions.

RJ Shooter
11-11-2010, 01:24 PM
We had a Cincinnati Chili restaurant here a few years back.
I ate there ONCE. The chili was so mild, a new born could have eaten it with no problems. It didn't last but a year, and it was gone.
And I don't like cheese on my chili, unless it's on a chili dog with loads of onions.Yeah, it's supposed to be mild. It's not a TexMex Chili. Or even a Con Carne.

It's mainly served on top of spaghetti with bold white onions, kidney beans and cheddar. That's what they call a 5-way. And their little chili dogs are loaded with onions, the Cinci Chili and probably a cup of cheddar. I don't think I've ever seen someone just eat a "bowl" of chili there.

I prefer a spicy chili, but a good Cinci Chili is good too. There's room for more than just one flavor! ;)

Just like BBQ. I prefer a KC or St Louis style rib. But prefer Carolina BBQ when it comes to pulled pork or even brisket. Then, you gotta choose between Eastern Carolina, or Western Carolina. Western has more yellow mustard base, with a little touch of KC style to sweeten it up. Eastern is primarily vinegar based, and is tart!

I'm a foodie, and love just about anything good! I prefer the cracker-thin crust pizza of the Midwest, rather than thick and chewy dough. I've been in FL since 2002 and reallllllly miss my Ohio pizza. It all sucks down here...

tank_monkey
11-11-2010, 01:41 PM
Holy shit! You guys hijack a MOVIE THREAD and talk endlessly about food! WTF?

Well, back to TOPIC!

Doesn't look like Independence Day purely from the fact that it looks like we totally get our asses kicked and their technology is WAY higher than ours. We look pretty much like toast.... I am looking forward to seeing the Special effects but until I hear that it's NOT a depressing "Everyone on earth either dies or becomes enslaved" type of movie, I'll wait for DVD...

slamfire51
11-11-2010, 01:52 PM
Yeah, it's supposed to be mild. It's not a TexMex Chili. Or even a Con Carne.

It's mainly served on top of spaghetti with bold white onions, kidney beans and cheddar. That's what they call a 5-way. And their little chili dogs are loaded with onions, the Cinci Chili and probably a cup of cheddar. I don't think I've ever seen someone just eat a "bowl" of chili there.

I prefer a spicy chili, but a good Cinci Chili is good too. There's room for more than just one flavor! ;)

Just like BBQ. I prefer a KC or St Louis style rib. But prefer Carolina BBQ when it comes to pulled pork or even brisket. Then, you gotta choose between Eastern Carolina, or Western Carolina. Western has more yellow mustard base, with a little touch of KC style to sweeten it up. Eastern is primarily vinegar based, and is tart!

I'm a foodie, and love just about anything good! I prefer the cracker-thin crust pizza of the Midwest, rather than thick and chewy dough. I've been in FL since 2002 and reallllllly miss my Ohio pizza. It all sucks down here...

Yeah, spaghetti was the weird thing I couldn't think of in C.Chili.
Spaghetti???? With chili???? No wonder they didn't last long.

I like my chili just to the point of being spicy enough to bring the sweat out under my eyes and on the forehead. After that, it's a no-go meal for me.
I like Mexene chili powder best of all. It has a good taste to it.

I hate thick crust pizza too. Pizza Hut made a deep dish 10 or more yrs ago, and just dropped it offthe menu for some reason. That was the only pizza that wasn't thin that I really liked. Companies always dump the good stuff.

Arnulf
11-11-2010, 01:52 PM
I thought this was a movie thread?

I want to here about the movie not some stupid chocolate chili....food freaks.:thumbsdown:

AKTexas
11-11-2010, 01:54 PM

I want to here about the movie not some stupid chocolate chili....food freaks.:thumbsdown:

Go fucking look it up lazy retard.

Arnulf
11-11-2010, 01:54 PM

Wisevid is a good place to get a virus in your pc.

slamfire51
11-11-2010, 01:55 PM

I know nothing of the movie except what I've see on TV.

My thread, my discussion topic extras. CHILI w/ or w/o beans.

Arnulf
11-11-2010, 01:56 PM
Go fucking look it up lazy retard.

Fuck you elmer fudd fat ass.....all you think about is food you gawd damn glutton.

Arnulf
11-11-2010, 01:59 PM
I know nothing of the movie except what I've see on TV.

My thread, my discussion topic extras. CHILI w/ or w/o beans.

I was raised on soup beans n corn bread...I like beans.....chili without beans is not chili. :)

slamfire51
11-11-2010, 02:01 PM
I was raised on soup beans n corn bread...I like beans.....chili without beans is not chili. :)

+1

beans!!

AKTexas
11-11-2010, 02:21 PM
Fuck you elmer fudd fat ass.....all you think about is food you gawd damn glutton.

HA such a predictable queer.

AKTexas
11-11-2010, 02:21 PM

Pot calling the kettle black again I see.Hypocrite bastard.

Tx Dogblaster
11-11-2010, 07:33 PM
Beans is good... Cinnamon chocolate NOT right. Anybody that likes ain't right in the head and/or has no clue about chili...

Wasn't this thread about some movie or something

slamfire51
11-11-2010, 07:38 PM
Beans is good... Cinnamon chocolate NOT right. Anybody that likes ain't right in the head and/or has no clue about chili...

Wasn't this thread about some movie or something

ARnulF has started his own thread on the movie.
He's whinning about something over there.

http://www.gunsnet.net/showthread.php?4411-Skyline-Official-Trailer-2-HD&goto=newpost

Arnulf
11-11-2010, 07:50 PM
You need to change the title of this thread to "Cinnamon Chocolate Chili"

Tx Dogblaster
11-11-2010, 08:11 PM
ARnulF has started his own thread on the movie.
He's whinning about something over there.

http://www.gunsnet.net/showthread.php?4411-Skyline-Official-Trailer-2-HD&goto=newpost

I like this discussion better. But I agree the title should be changed. Maybe something like "Arnulf hates chili or threads he didn't start"... LOL...

AKTexas
11-11-2010, 08:16 PM
I like this discussion better. But I agree the title should be changed. Maybe something like "Arnulf hates chili or threads he didn't start"... LOL...

I'll second that!

RJ Shooter
11-12-2010, 12:15 AM

Wasn't this thread about some movie or somethingWelllllll, if you want to get technical, Chili Con Carne is based off a Mexican Mole (chili pepper sauce), and Mole's all have chocolate, and can have cinnamon in them.... soooooooo, it's not unusual at all! :-p

RJ Shooter
11-12-2010, 12:16 AM
You need to change the title of this thread to "Cinnamon Chocolate Chili":lool:

Or "Cinnamon Chocolate Chili With Aliens!"