PDA

View Full Version : Savage Mark II

Dieselbuilder
11-11-2010, 08:22 PM
Picked up the above rifle from a member of another forum for the princely sum of $90. It is the pre-accutrigger model.
http://www.gunshopfinder.com/savage/mark11f.jpg

Thinking about putting a scope on it and wondered if anyone had any recommendations on an inexpensive scope for it.

imanaknut
11-11-2010, 09:26 PM
I put an old Tasco 3-9x40 on mine. The thing is a tack driver at 50 yards, which unfortunately is the longest distance range near me. Mine shoots anything I put into it.

Unless you are planning on shooting longer distances, any 3-9x40 from Walmart would do. They are inexpensive, and work well on a .22.

aliceinchains
11-11-2010, 09:26 PM
What is your scope price range! Looking for a 4 power?

Dieselbuilder
11-12-2010, 12:00 AM
I put an old Tasco 3-9x40 on mine. The thing is a tack driver at 50 yards, which unfortunately is the longest distance range near me. Mine shoots anything I put into it.

Unless you are planning on shooting longer distances, any 3-9x40 from Walmart would do. They are inexpensive, and work well on a .22.
Now that you mentioned it, I remembered buying a box of assorted sporting stuff at a yard sale and seeing a scope in it. Not needing a scope at the time I put the box in the storage shed and forgot about it. Just went out and dug it out, it is a Tasco 3x9 no model designation on it but it does have Weaver rings on it so I will have to get some rings for the 22 dovetail but at least I should be able to get it set up for next to nothing. :hoo-yeah: