PDA

View Full Version : Reality show worth watching

Bick_Sastard
11-16-2010, 10:35 AM
Edit postDelete postReport this postReply with quoteRealistic reality show
by NedReck » Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:16 am

http://planetgreen.discovery.com/tv/wil ... anded.html

Availible on netflix, perhaps others I do not know.

Not sure if this might be considered spam that was not the intent. 9 folks get a 3 day survival course, the basics of a bug out bag (not to well equipped if you ask me) and then they drop them in Alaska to make a 60 mile trek back to civilization.

Watched first two episodes last night, was impressed by the truth in reality. They do have an out, a transponder that will summon a helo to take them out if they push the button, three did so in the first two shows.

It is most certianly something I would very much like to do myself and it is giving me a great deal of information on the topic I first posted here about foot trael and the hazards involved.

The folks involved are NOT skilled and if one is considering the SHTF and has little to no training, I think it would be prudent to watch it, if nothing else it might motivate you to get training. To those whom have served our country and already know what it is indeed like to be cold, wet, and hungery, you may enjoy it for the comedy value :) of their mistakes.

Again I am not trying to spam at all, I found it on netflix and thought it was a nature show which I enjoy and thought I would share simply because most of the other survival shows I have seen are fairly unrealistic in contrast to this one. At least this is not a contest or anything where constant mugging and BS for the camera exist within the first two shows. There is no million dollar prize nor any winner, just survival in one of the harsh areas of the planet.