PDA

View Full Version : Can I order ammo on-line and send it to my Dad?

cciota
11-17-2010, 05:39 PM
My Dad has an old 8mm Mauser and he says he has about 30 rounds for it. Can I order ammo for him, pay for it and send it to him? It will be a Christmas present. I don't know what the rules are. I have always just ordered ammo for my self, no problem. TIA!

By the way, who has the best price on 8mm ammo?

aliceinchains
11-17-2010, 05:44 PM
Yep, you can send it to him UPS.

AIM prices. http://www.aimsurplus.com/catalog.aspx?groupid=42

cciota
11-17-2010, 05:45 PM
Yep, you can send it to him UPS.

Cool! Can I order it on-line and have it sent to him?

aliceinchains
11-17-2010, 05:48 PM
Cool! Can I order it on-line and have it sent to him?

They need to have a record of drivers license .

cciota
11-17-2010, 05:51 PM
They need to have a record of drivers license .

So much for a Christmas surprise. Last thing, he live in Comifornia. Any problems?

aliceinchains
11-17-2010, 05:53 PM
So much for a Christmas surprise. Last thing, he live in Comifornia. Any problems?

As long as your not sending any hi cap mags LOL!

cciota
11-17-2010, 05:57 PM
I appreciate your help,aliceinchains!:thumbspbig:

deth502
11-17-2010, 08:01 PM
shouldnt be a problem shipping it to a different address than the billing address, but where you may run into problems with would be with your credit card company.

ive had it happen a few times where i tried to get something sent somewhere else, but the cc denied payment, as they said it was suspicious of a fradulent charge. i had to call them to verify that it was ok.

slamfire51
11-17-2010, 10:20 PM
Here's where you or anyone else cannot ship ammo to in Kalifornia. Most anywhere else in CA is ok.

CALIFORNIA : No sales of ammunition delivered to the counties of: Napa and San Francisco. No ammunition delivered to the Cities of: Los Angeles, Oakland, San Francisco. No high capacity magazine exceeding 10rds sales to anyone or dealer in CA. Check for other Local & State laws before ordering.

cciota
11-18-2010, 03:30 PM
Here's where you or anyone else cannot ship ammo to in Kalifornia. Most anywhere else in CA is ok.

CALIFORNIA : No sales of ammunition delivered to the counties of: Napa and San Francisco. No ammunition delivered to the Cities of: Los Angeles, Oakland, San Francisco. No high capacity magazine exceeding 10rds sales to anyone or dealer in CA. Check for other Local & State laws before ordering.
\
My Dad should be good to go. He lives outside of Victorville.

1 Patriot-of-many
11-18-2010, 03:34 PM
Didn't Kali pass that no ammo law that even freight shippers were going nuts over?

1 Patriot-of-many
11-18-2010, 03:36 PM
Nevermind, handgun ammo....
http://www.ammoland.com/2010/07/29/lawsuit-filed-challenging-ban-on-shipping-ammunition-into-california/