PDA

View Full Version : The Witch from Alaska is back

MOP
11-17-2010, 10:24 PM
http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSN1721395720101117

Didn't know there're that many RINO loving people up there !

Charliebravo
11-17-2010, 10:29 PM
Meh. I'm sure that many of them are either Dims that knew that McAdams didn't have a chance, or they're country club Republicans. They'd both rather see a RINO in that seat than a true conservative. I hope Mitch McConnell locks her out of everything and puts her on the shittiest committees.

matshock
11-17-2010, 10:32 PM
Just like Nevada- too much addiction to OPM.

mriddick
11-17-2010, 10:34 PM
The people spoke, if Miller hadn't ran such a bad campaign and did some of the things he had he might of won. Sad I had high hopes for him but in the end they went with the devil they knew VS the one they didn't.

Warhog01
11-17-2010, 10:52 PM
Meh. I'm sure that many of them are either Dims that knew that McAdams didn't have a chance, or they're country club Republicans. They'd both rather see a RINO in that seat than a true conservative. I hope Mitch McConnell locks her out of everything and puts her on the shittiest committees.

This I am sure the dims voted for the RINO as an act of defiance hopeing to bring him down and they may well have.

stevelyn
11-18-2010, 09:47 AM
Just like Nevada- too much addiction to OPM.

Yup, the unions, native corporations, bush community govts, tribal govts, leftist indoctrinators.........er educators and other usual suspects- basically anyone with their hands out came out of the woodwork for her.

samiam
11-18-2010, 09:54 AM
am I the only one that thinks winning the general election as a write-in candidate after losing the primary reeks of something "shady"?

stevelyn
11-18-2010, 09:59 AM
am I the only one that thinks winning the general election as a write-in candidate after losing the primary reeks of something "shady"?

I'm sure there was some election chicanery occurring in the bush precincts, I've personally seen drooling old folks that don't even know their name wheeled out of assisted living centers to go vote.............with assistance of course. I 'm nothing's changed. Proving it is a different matter though.

mriddick
11-18-2010, 10:07 AM

No of all the ways to "steal" an election this would be the toughest way you could pick. If anything Miller claiming people had to spell her name 100% correct smacks of desperation and speaks little of him IMO. And this is form someone who for a while I had really high hopes for him, I thought on paper he was the best of the TEA party candidates till he was caught lying over the computer issue. At that point I think he lost. In the end I think he thought he was just too smart to lose and that was his downfall. Truthfully at this point I'm sort of glad he lost, his fall from grace has not been good, I started looking at him as the next great TEA party leader, instead he proved he was little more then your common sneaky stealing lawyer type.

MOP
11-18-2010, 10:23 AM
She did win by a good margin,

the people of Alaska have spoken.

1 Patriot-of-many
11-18-2010, 02:22 PM
No of all the ways to "steal" an election this would be the toughest way you could pick. If anything Miller claiming people had to spell her name 100% correct smacks of desperation and speaks little of him IMO. And this is form someone who for a while I had really high hopes for him, I thought on paper he was the best of the TEA party candidates till he was caught lying over the computer issue. At that point I think he lost. In the end I think he thought he was just too smart to lose and that was his downfall. Truthfully at this point I'm sort of glad he lost, his fall from grace has not been good, I started looking at him as the next great TEA party leader, instead he proved he was little more then your common sneaky stealing lawyer type.

Yeah, never mind the law specifically says you have to....One judge changes the law and I guess that's okay?
As far as cheating? Just look at MN, they stole the 2008 Senate seat and are trying to do the same thing again. MN has more votes than actual voters once again in Ramsey and Hennepin counties.....

mriddick
11-18-2010, 02:36 PM
Yeah, never mind the law specifically says you have to....One judge changes the law and I guess that's okay?
As far as cheating? Just look at MN, they stole the 2008 Senate seat and are trying to do the same thing again. MN has more votes than actual voters once again in Ramsey and Hennepin counties.....

Let me guess Rush, Beck or someone else told you this and you think it's true because......

Here's the regs on voting in Alaska:

Sec. 15.15.360. Rules for counting ballots.

(a) The election board shall count ballots according to the following rules:

(1) A voter may mark a ballot only by filling in, making "X" marks, diagonal, horizontal, or vertical marks, solid marks, stars, circles, asterisks, checks, or plus signs that are clearly spaced in the oval opposite the name of the candidate, proposition, or question that the voter desires to designate.

(2) A failure to properly mark a ballot as to one or more candidates does not itself invalidate the entire ballot.

(3) If a voter marks fewer names than there are persons to be elected to the office, a vote shall be counted for each candidate properly marked.

(4) If a voter marks more names than there are persons to be elected to the office, the votes for candidates for that office may not be counted.

(5) The mark specified in (1) of this subsection shall be counted only if it is substantially inside the oval provided, or touching the oval so as to indicate clearly that the voter intended the particular oval to be designated.

(6) Improper marks on the ballot may not be counted and do not invalidate marks for candidates properly made.

(7) An erasure or correction invalidates only that section of the ballot in which it appears.

(8) A vote marked for the candidate for President or Vice-President of the United States is considered and counted as a vote for the election of the presidential electors.

(9) Write-in votes are not invalidated by writing in the name of a candidate whose name is printed on the ballot unless the election board determines, on the basis of other evidence, that the ballot was so marked for the purpose of identifying the ballot.

(10) In order to vote for a write-in candidate, the voter must write in the candidate's name in the space provided and fill in the oval opposite the candidate's name in accordance with (1) of this subsection.

(11) A vote for a write-in candidate, other than a write-in vote for governor and lieutenant governor, shall be counted if the oval is filled in for that candidate and if the name, as it appears on the write-in declaration of candidacy, of the candidate or the last name of the candidate is written in the space provided.

(12) If the write-in vote is for governor and lieutenant governor, the vote shall be counted if the oval is filled in and the names, as they appear on the write-in declaration of candidacy, of the candidates for governor and lieutenant governor or the last names of the candidates for governor and lieutenant governor, or the name, as it appears on the write-in declaration of candidacy, of the candidate for governor or the last name of the candidate for governor is written in the space provided.

(b) The rules set out in this section are mandatory and there are no exceptions to them. A ballot may not be counted unless marked in compliance with these rules.

(c) [Repealed, Sec. 24 ch 113 SLA 2003].

Sec. 15.15.361. Stickers.

Affixing stickers on a ballot in an election to vote for a write-in candidate is prohibited.

You you were passed on the line from Millers lawyers who were trying to have these regs read very narrowly just so he could deny as many voters the right of their vote as possible.

1 Patriot-of-many
11-18-2010, 03:51 PM
(11) A vote for a write-in candidate, other than a write-in vote for governor and lieutenant governor, shall be counted if the oval is filled in for that candidate and if the name, as it appears on the write-in declaration of candidacy, of the candidate or the last name of the candidate is written in the space provided.

1 Patriot-of-many
11-18-2010, 03:52 PM
I think that's pretty clear.

1 Patriot-of-many
11-18-2010, 03:53 PM
So conservative talk radio grates on you? I figured that a long time ago.

1 Patriot-of-many
11-18-2010, 03:54 PM
Sp what's your word on the MN vote stealing that went on in 2008 and is currently going on? You're okay with counting more votes for Dems than actually voted?

El Laton Caliente
11-18-2010, 04:26 PM
Miller's campaign is requesting a hand recount... it seems there were more votes cast than adult residents in several outlaying areas. So far they have not allowed his campaign the sign in lists for the polling locations in question.

PROBASCO
11-18-2010, 05:03 PM
SO, WHO DOES NOT RATE AS A RINO THAT IS ELECTABLE? just asking!

ITS REAL EASY TO SIT BACK AND FLING NAMES, BUT I DON'T SEE ANY OF YOUR NAMES IN THE RUNNING.. AND I SEE MOST OF AMERICA AS A MIDDLE OF THE ROAD COUNTRY, NOT A FAR RIGHT, NOR FAR LEFT. "MOST" AMERICANS ARE CONSERVATIVE BY NATURE, BUT AFRAID OF BOTH EXTREMES.

I PERSONALLY WOULD VOTE FOR HER, BUT THEN MY FIRST CHOICES WOULD BE CHRISTY, DEMINT, PAUL ALLEN, RON PAUL, AND A FEW OTHERS.

JUST SO I DONT GET ANY SHIT THAT I AM A RINO, THIS IS MY PARTIAL LIST OF
"WALKING THE WALK" FOR CONSERVATIVE CAUSES.

I VOTED FOR RON PAUL LAST PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION, FOUGHT THE RINO'S LOCALLY, WENT LOCO ON THE GOP LOCALLY AND PUBLICLY, BLOGGED AT LEAST 5000 TIMES AGAINST RINO'S, DEMONSTRATED 10-12 TIMES IN THE STREETS IN THE RAIN WITH THE TEA PARTY AND AFP. I WENT KNOCKING DOOR TO DOOR TRYING TO GET THE RIGHT GUY ELECTED WEEKEND AFTER WEEKEND, SAT IN PHONE BANKS, AND WHEN MY CONSERVATIVE GUY LOST IN THE PRIMARY, I WROTE HIS NAME DOWN IN THE GENERAL ELECTION. I ALSO DONATED GUNS, KNIVES, AND OTHER ITEMS TO AUCTIONS/RAFFLES TO SUPPORT THE CONSERVATIVE CANDIDATES AND HELPED FORM THE OREGON TEA PARTY PAC. LOST FRIENDS IN THE GOP BECAUSE OF MY STANCE ON RINO'S.

I HAVE GIVEN OF MY TIME, MY TOYS AND MY SWEAT, AND I HAVE COME TO THE CONCLUSION, YOU CAN'T ELECT ANY TOTAL CONSERVATIVE CANDIDATE TO THE PRESIDENCY BECAUSE THE LEFT WILL ALWAYS SCARE THE GENERAL POPULACE INTO BELIEVING HE IS A NUT CASE EXTREMIST.

NOW IF YOU HAVE A WAY OF NEUTRALIZING THE LEFT, I WANNA THEAR ABOUT IT, OTHERWISE, WERE DOOMED TO MIDDLE OF THE ROAD BECAUSE NO OTHERS WILL GET PAST THE PRIMARY ELECTIONS. TOO MANY OF YOU SIT AND TALK, BUT DON'T GET OUT AND HELP WITH YOUR TIME, EFFORT OR CASH. i CALL YOU "WANNBE'S",
BECAUSE YOU "WANNA BE" INVOLVED IN MAKING A CHANGE, BUT YOU JUST DON'T WANT TO PUT ANY EFFORT INTO IT OUTSIDE OF A FEW KEYSTROKES OR MAYBE VOTING.

JUST MY VERY HUMBLE OPINION.. ALL CAPS BECAUSE I AM PISSED!

cciota
11-18-2010, 05:07 PM
Seems the law was side-stepped. You can bet, if the shoe was on the other foot, Murkowski would hold Millers feet to the fire and follow the letter of the law!

mriddick
11-18-2010, 05:36 PM
Historically if exact spelling was needed then there might be a case, this I don't think has ever been the case anywhere in the US nor should it be. The regs do not put any criteria on exact spelling only that the name be the one on the candidate's declaration. I think you are right if the shoe was on the other foot the Miller Supporters would be saying count the ballots that list him as Joe Miller, Joesph Miller, or Mr Joe Miller etc... I think suppressing the vote reading the regs as tight as possible is not endearing to the process, as was his lying when caught using his co-workers computers (is that identity theft?).

matshock
11-18-2010, 09:39 PM
Yep, thwarting the will of the people on trite technicalities is a Dem tactic IMO.

I'd like to have a reason to believe that Reid stole the election from Angle but the numbers and the political aftermath just don't add up to that:

1. Angle alienated the hispanic voters in the last month of the election.

2. There is a belief that Reid will bring in more federal money to the state and Angle won't. I know Angle won't but Reid bringing home much with the new congress seems unlikely to me- but there it is.

3. We also elected a Republican governor who vowed to cut spending and freeze taxes.

This all adds up to "We want federal money, we don't want to chase hispanics out of the state and we don't want the state spending money". Which makes sense given the makeup of our population and the state of our economy.