PDA

View Full Version : Help, I just had a pistol pointed at myself and Mother..Need quick advise, Please.

Abakan
11-18-2010, 04:46 PM
Hi, My former username was Rorschach TesT, member since 1999. In case any of you remember me..

Anyway here is my situation. My Great Uncle moved from TX to VA and built a house right next to mine, 30yds away. OK, so he was downstairs in My home talking to my grandfather who is living here with me. He was saying that I cut the gas lines on his Tiller to steal gas out of it. So, the story with that is My Dad bought the gas and was using the tiller about 6 months ago and 6 months ago Dad asked me to go siffon the gas which he bought out of the tiller because he ran out in my 4-wheeler and needed some to get it home.. So I just pulled the fuel line off the carb and let it drain into a jug.

So after overhearing him talking shit about me I went downstairs and politely told him What happend with the gas. He then started cussing me out. So I said go drink you some more liquor you old bastard and walked off... He takes Massive amounts of painkillers and all other types of prescriptions and drinks liquor heavily on top of it all.

Ok, So I then walk outside and got into the passenger side of truck with my Mom, we were leaving to go pick up my sister from school.. So then my Uncle walks outside still cussing me out, so I flipped him the bird. He walks over to my side of truck and pulls out a little small pistol, I said is that a pistol there buddy? He then points it straight at me and my Mother and said YES IT IS!!! YOU WANT SOME OF IT!!?

So I told him I was calling the police to have fun being a felon, he starts laughing. I told Mom to just pull out and leave so we did..

What do you guys think I should do over this, He has his CCW and many pistols. Would it be a felony charge for what he did, what would be the charge? Brandishing, attempted murder or what??

videodon
11-18-2010, 04:52 PM
...it's not a good thing, that's for sure.
The guy needs some help.
You could save his or someone's life by calling attention.
I'm glad nobody was hurt.
...oh, and WELCOME!!! Abakan!
:)

cciota
11-18-2010, 05:03 PM
I'm glad no one was hurt. I am amazed how much trouble a middle finger can cause. Just sayin'.

Kadmos
11-18-2010, 05:23 PM
It would probably be brandishing and assault.

Disturbing the peace, Drunk and disorderly might also apply. I''m sure the local DA could come up with others.

Most likely he would lose his CCW, be fined, and assuming no other past problems be put on probation.

It would be fairly easy to have this be a felony charge.

My advice is to call the police and make a report.

I advise this because I do not care in the least about your uncle, but a drunk with a gun, who is willing to pull it over something so trivial is a danger to society.

So as far as I'm concerned, I would like for him to get the clue to change his ways.

From your point of view, if I cared for the man I would sleep on it and have a rather stern talk with him when he isn't drinking and make sure that happens in the very near future

jojo
11-18-2010, 05:26 PM
Worst case scenario he could be charged with brandishing a firearm. At this point anything you do would only further escalate the situation. Since he lives besides you, you will have to come to some sort of agreement unless he is just too difficult to deal with and in that case then you just have to play it as it unfolds. Go file a report if you mother will collaborate the story and sign with you.

L1A1Rocker
11-18-2010, 05:43 PM
If you think you may have to defend yourself against him in the future you NEED a police report on this incident! I don't think I need to go into why.

old Grump
11-18-2010, 05:46 PM
And you haven't called the police already because why? This guy needs help and he needs to be disarmed, talking to us isn't going to help.

Richard Simmons
11-18-2010, 05:56 PM
You have a family member living next door with a drug and alcohol problem. You don't know when to keep quiet and instead egg on a drunk who's mad. Instead of buying what, a 1/2 gallon of gas your dad tells you to go get what's left in the tiller. In my family I'd have not only bought gas but returned it full. There are way too many issues and side problems going on than you're gonna get answers to on the internet.

The short answer is what you do if a total stranger pulled a gun on you? The same applies here.

abpt1
11-18-2010, 06:00 PM
Call the law . Dont dick around next time he might use it .

Arnulf
11-18-2010, 06:14 PM
A friend of mine had this big crazy sumbitch stalking him and he was downtown and this monster come down the street yelling he was gonna kill him and my friend reached in the window of his car and got in the glove box and grabbed his 38 and pointed at the guy and said you better back off....the guy hauled ass straight to the police station and reported him....my friend got 1yr in Jackson State Prison for pulling the pistol.

Richard Simmons
11-18-2010, 06:28 PM
Oh, I just have to ask, how old are you? Even if your not a minor this happened on your parents property and you mother was a victim, what's she doing about it or for that matter what's your dad doing, I'm guessing nothing right?

Abakan
11-18-2010, 06:50 PM
You have a family member living next door with a drug and alcohol problem. You don't know when to keep quiet and instead egg on a drunk who's mad. Instead of buying what, a 1/2 gallon of gas your dad tells you to go get what's left in the tiller. In my family I'd have not only bought gas but returned it full. There are way too many issues and side problems going on than you're gonna get answers to on the internet.

The short answer is what you do if a total stranger pulled a gun on you? The same applies here.

The Gas in the tiller was purchased by my Dad, it was his gas. So, no reason to return it full....

abpt1
11-18-2010, 06:52 PM
The Gas in the tiller was purchased by my Dad, it was his gas. So, no reason to return it full....
Yes most people that borrow a car or gas operated tool from a friend or family member they return it full ...Because its the polite thing to do .

Abakan
11-18-2010, 07:19 PM
I am 28 years old. Myself and family, including my 12yr old Sister, Moved in here with my Elderly Grandfather who is very sick to help take care of him. It's a large home so I basically have half of the house to myself. I take care of my Grandfather and maintain the property.

My Great Uncle (Grandfathers Brother) in question is 77 years old, I think.

My Family and I have talked it over with all of my other family and THEY think the best thing to do is wait until tomorrow and have my Granny have a talk with the uncle first before Mom and I have him arrested. If I had my way I would have called Police immediately after he pointed the gun at my Mother and I.

Regardless, after they have their talk or whatever. I WILL still have him arrested. I can't take chances with a nut pointing pistols at myself and family, especially with my 12yr old Sister.

I have no feelings at all for the bastard, this is not the only incident we've had with him, this is just the first time he has actually pulled the gun on us.

Where he stays doped up all the time and elderly, dementia. He will lose or misplace things and instead of looking for them he automatically blames me for stealing.. There have been several times he has labeled me a thief and then I will go out and find the things, give them back to him and never receive any sort of apology.

Today was the very last straw. I can't take the chance of my family being killed. Tomorrow I will have charges filed against him. And hopefully they will be Felony so that they will revoke his CCW and he won't have access to any firearms. A man that will so easily with no reason pull a gun and point it at myself and mother has no business at all owning firearms.

Tx Dogblaster
11-18-2010, 07:19 PM
Call the cops and deal with it or don't... You know what should be done if the facts are clear. Why are you asking us? This whole thing smells of some whacked out family issues to begin with.

Abakan
11-18-2010, 07:22 PM
Yes most people that borrow a car or gas operated tool from a friend or family member they return it full ...Because its the polite thing to do .

Yes, I agree with that, However the gas belonged to my father. He didnt borrow it he just retrieved HIS OWN gas. So, no in this case there was no reason whatsoever to return OUR OWN gas!!

Abakan
11-18-2010, 07:24 PM
Call the cops and deal with it or don't... You know what should be done if the facts are clear. Why are you asking us? This whole thing smells of some whacked out family issues to begin with.

I was just venting on here about my problems, I thought that is what General discussion is for, at least it used to.. Sorry if I inconvienced you.

Mark Ducati
11-18-2010, 07:26 PM
Glad no one was hurt... CALL THE COPS! MAKE A REPORT!

Nothing will likely come of it... but if your drunkass uncle pulls this crap again and you have to shoot him to protect yourself and your loved ones, there's a prior history of him brandishing a weapon and will help support you in court if you have to shoot/kill him in self defense.

No attempted murder charges... brandishing and threats at the most. You might also want to invest in an inexpensive digital recorder to record sound for future encounters. Does your cell phone have the capability to take video? Best to know how to use that feature too!

BTW, Welcome back :)

aliceinchains
11-18-2010, 07:30 PM
There is no excuse to point a firearm at someone loaded or unloaded for the reason you stated and i don't care how fucked up your great uncle was.

Point is next time he might pull the trigger. I would have drove to the police station after that bullshit. Don't be so naive.

Arnulf
11-18-2010, 07:38 PM
He is gonna be really bat shit crazy pissed off after you call the po po on him.....he prolly got guns stashed all over the place.

abpt1
11-18-2010, 07:39 PM
Hi, My former username was Rorschach TesT, member since 1999. In case any of you remember me..

Anyway here is my situation. My Great Uncle moved from TX to VA and built a house right next to mine, 30yds away. OK, so he was downstairs in My home talking to my grandfather who is living here with me. He was saying that I cut the gas lines on his Tiller to steal gas out of it. So, the story with that is My Dad bought the gas and was using the tiller about 6 months ago and 6 months ago Dad asked me to go siffon the gas which he bought out of the tiller because he ran out in my 4-wheeler and needed some to get it home.. So I just pulled the fuel line off the carb and let it drain into a jug.

So after overhearing him talking shit about me I went downstairs and politely told him What happend with the gas. He then started cussing me out. So I said go drink you some more liquor you old bastard and walked off... He takes Massive amounts of painkillers and all other types of prescriptions and drinks liquor heavily on top of it all.

Ok, So I then walk outside and got into the passenger side of truck with my Mom, we were leaving to go pick up my sister from school.. So then my Uncle walks outside still cussing me out, so I flipped him the bird. He walks over to my side of truck and pulls out a little small pistol, I said is that a pistol there buddy? He then points it straight at me and my Mother and said YES IT IS!!! YOU WANT SOME OF IT!!?

So I told him I was calling the police to have fun being a felon, he starts laughing. I told Mom to just pull out and leave so we did..

What do you guys think I should do over this, He has his CCW and many pistols. Would it be a felony charge for what he did, what would be the charge? Brandishing, attempted murder or what??

Yes, I agree with that, However the gas belonged to my father. He didnt borrow it he just retrieved HIS OWN gas. So, no in this case there was no reason whatsoever to return OUR OWN gas!!

I WAS JUST SAYING !

IDGAFWYD

so

Did your dad ran out of gas on your atv or did you ?

Kadmos
11-18-2010, 07:40 PM
And more info pops up as always.

Call the cops if you want, but personally I would pass and deal with it in other ways.

Just as sometimes it falls on kids to take their parents keys away, it seems like it is time to take great uncles guns away.

It may or may not be the cops, but there is someone you can call in the state to have his ccw pulled without it needing to be a big deal.

If he is 77 and partway around the bend it sounds like more of a medical/ mental health problem than a criminal problem.

There is little doubt he committed assault, which is not just a criminal act but a civil one as well. You can get a lawyer, sue him, have the ccw pulled and his guns removed from his home.

In most states a protection order (Temporary restraining order) will essentially have much the same effect, and generally does not require the services of a lawyer.

ubersoldate
11-18-2010, 07:44 PM
You need to man up, he is family.

Start by lighting the back of his house on fire, then get a good point out front of the house with some cover.
Go prone.
The proceed to shoot whatever runs out of the smoke.

That or buy him some mad dog, a couple perc's and tell him sorry.

Blacksmith
11-18-2010, 07:49 PM

You borrowed his Tiller. Or at least that is the impression we are getting from the story. And rather than returning it with a full tank of gas and a “thank you” you dismantle it and remove the remaining gas from it.
Not to mention what you told him.
So I said go drink you some more liquor you old bastard
The guy should have not pulled the gun.
What he should have done is drag you out of that truck and knocked some sense into you.

Tx Dogblaster
11-18-2010, 07:51 PM
I was just venting on here about my problems, I thought that is what General discussion is for, at least it used to.. Sorry if I inconvienced you.

You're right. That is what GD is for. I wasn't trying to be disrespectful or insensitive. I was just bluntly stating what I surmised from the OP...

aliceinchains
11-18-2010, 07:55 PM

Start by lighting the back of his house on fire, then get a good point out front of the house with some cover.
Go prone.

:bigsmilebounce:

Zoff12
11-18-2010, 07:57 PM
I am a Virginia LEO. Drop me a PM or e-mail and I will give you some advice.

crapshoot
11-18-2010, 08:05 PM

Go prone.

I was thinking about pushing some dirty drugs on him, but that would work better.

TheMrMitch
11-18-2010, 08:06 PM
"will be Felony so that they will revoke his CCW and he won't have access to any firearms"

Riiiiiiiight.:think:

abpt1
11-18-2010, 08:07 PM
I am a Virginia LEO. Drop me a PM or e-mail and I will give you some advice.
Well isn't this thread a statement ? I am sure GNS has his IP and that should get you to his address then to his batshit crazy uncle...

or pissed off old dude that was tired of some smart ass kid fucking with him or his shit...not condoning any asshat pulling a gun on some one but at 77 he is just helpless old man with out a gun...

Zoff12
11-18-2010, 08:13 PM
Well isn't this thread a statement ? I am sure GNS has his IP and that should get you to his address then to his batshit crazy uncle...

or pissed off old dude that was tired of some smart ass kid fucking with him or his shit...not condoning any asshat pulling a gun on some one but at 77 he is just helpless old man with out a gun...
????

Are you suggesting I am trying to hink him up on something? Not the case. If he is worried about that... he does not have to contact me.

abpt1
11-18-2010, 08:20 PM
????

Are you suggesting I am trying to hink him up on something? Not the case. If he is worried about that... he does not have to contact me.
LOL no I was just being a jerk ....Because this kid asked for help then starts yelling at people when they respond to the OP .

bubagun
11-18-2010, 08:21 PM
:smiley_freak:

The Jerry Springer Show is always exciting. Guns, dope, stolen gasoline, drunken whackos...you just can't make this stuff up.

Abakan
11-18-2010, 08:24 PM
You borrowed his Tiller. Or at least that is the impression we are getting from the story. And rather than returning it with a full tank of gas and a “thank you” you dismantle it and remove the remaining gas from it.
Not to mention what you told him.
The guy should have not pulled the gun.
What he should have done is drag you out of that truck and knocked some sense into you.

No, No, No...Even though this is stupid and trivial, Let me try to clear it up for you. Because I was no way in the wrong and DID NOT need the sense beat into me!!!!

Back in the Spring My Uncle wanted me to tiller up him a small area to plant some tomatoes and around the flower bed. The Tiller was empty on gas, So my dad went out and purchased a gallon or 2 of gas. So then I done the work for Uncle... Either later in the day or the next day, My Dad was on my ATV about a mile from home down at the river fishing.. Dad is no spring chicken, has health problems. So instead of walking up an extremely steep mountain a mile long. He called me on the cell phone, said to go and get a gallon of the gas that he just purchased out of the tiller and walk it down to him.

Hope that clears that up...

My uncle is a Pure 100% ASSHOLE.. Even though he's treated me like shit, I grew up respecting the elderly, especially family. So, I took all the Cussing, Accusations, Smart-assed remarks. And never said a word back to him. Just took it... BUT not this time. I will not tolerate anyone pointing a pistol and my Mother and myself. I know for a fact he keeps it loaded, It could have easily went off and killed one of us.

crapshoot
11-18-2010, 08:25 PM
Move

Zoff12
11-18-2010, 08:26 PM
LOL no I was just being a jerk ....Because this kid asked for help then starts yelling at people when they respond to the OP .

Hehehehe... funny!

Abakan
11-18-2010, 08:28 PM

Dude, WHAT THE FUCK???? sounds like you've had your fill of dope and liquor today also... BTW I'm no kid... Don't know how old you are but your the one with the kid mentality.

crapshoot
11-18-2010, 08:29 PM
Dude, WHAT THE FUCK???? sounds like you've had your fill of dope and liquor today also... BTW I'm no kid... Don't know how old you are but your the one with the kid mentality.

Here we go!

Arnulf
11-18-2010, 08:30 PM

Go prone.
The proceed to gut shoot whatever runs out of the smoke.

Your paying attention...you forgot one thing. :ashooteremoyt7:

Abakan
11-18-2010, 08:33 PM
Well I have no Idea How this thread went to shit. Whatever, I guess this isn't the same old ak-47.net I remember it to be... I just dont know... If it's going to turn into some kind of pissing match. Would the boss just delete this post and I'll just PM Zoff if I have any questions..:sadwave:

Zoff12
11-18-2010, 08:36 PM
I guess I'll lay it out here... Both of you are wrong. Different types of wrong but wrong none the less. Even if your Dad bought the gas... when the tiller was returned, it became your uncle's gas and a civil matter if he wanted the gas back. You going over and draining it out changed that to a criminal matter and makes you a suspect in a larceny. Petit larceny to be exact... a misdemeanor. He is suspect in a brandishing of a firearm. Actually... 2 counts of brandishing because you and your mother were together. Both misdemeanors. The codes are below. Once again... you both are wrong.

§ 18.2-96. Petit larceny defined; how punished.
Any person who:
1. Commits larceny from the person of another of money or other thing of value of less than $5, or
2. Commits simple larceny not from the person of another of goods and chattels of the value of less than $200, except as provided in subdivision (iii) of § 18.2-95 (http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?000+cod+18.2-95), shall be deemed guilty of petit larceny, which shall be punishable as a Class 1 misdemeanor.

§ 18.2-282. Pointing, holding, or brandishing firearm, air or gas operated weapon or object similar in appearance; penalty.
A. It shall be unlawful for any person to point, hold or brandish any firearm or any air or gas operated weapon or any object similar in appearance, whether capable of being fired or not, in such manner as to reasonably induce fear in the mind of another or hold a firearm or any air or gas operated weapon in a public place in such a manner as to reasonably induce fear in the mind of another of being shot or injured. However, this section shall not apply to any person engaged in excusable or justifiable self-defense. Persons violating the provisions of this section shall be guilty of a Class 1 misdemeanor or, if the violation occurs upon any public, private or religious elementary, middle or high school, including buildings and grounds or upon public property within 1,000 feet of such school property, he shall be guilty of a Class 6 felony.
B. Any police officer in the performance of his duty, in making an arrest under the provisions of this section, shall not be civilly liable in damages for injuries or death resulting to the person being arrested if he had reason to believe that the person being arrested was pointing, holding, or brandishing such firearm or air or gas operated weapon, or object that was similar in appearance, with intent to induce fear in the mind of another.
C. For purposes of this section, the word "firearm" means any weapon that will or is designed to or may readily be converted to expel single or multiple projectiles by the action of an explosion of a combustible material. The word "ammunition," as used herein, shall mean a cartridge, pellet, ball, missile or projectile adapted for use in a firearm.

Abakan
11-18-2010, 08:41 PM
I guess a public forum isnt the place to talk about things like this, people don't get a full picture of what's really going on.. Just saddens me to have someone jump my ass when I was obviously the victim.. Oh, well. I'm upset now, so I'll just let it go.

Thanks Zoff

Arnulf
11-18-2010, 08:44 PM
Dayum...just a misdemeanor to point a gun at someone in VA. my buddy did a yr in Jacktown for pointing his gat at a guy.

Arnulf
11-18-2010, 08:48 PM
Sounds like its a bigger crime to steal gas than it is to brandish a pistola?

Abakan
11-18-2010, 08:49 PM
I've just been very upset over the gun thing and not thinking clearly.. I dunno, I guess Some trivial thing like retrieving my gas 6 months or more ago, deserves me and Mom to have a gun pointed at us?

Poor disillusioned me.. I guess me and mom should have gotten our brains blown out for it.

Zoff12
11-18-2010, 08:49 PM
Actually you can get a year for a Class 1 Misdemeanor...

§ 18.2-11. Punishment for conviction of misdemeanor.
The authorized punishments for conviction of a misdemeanor are:
(a) For Class 1 misdemeanors, confinement in jail for not more than twelve months and a fine of not more than $2,500, either or both.
(b) For Class 2 misdemeanors, confinement in jail for not more than six months and a fine of not more than $1,000, either or both.
(c) For Class 3 misdemeanors, a fine of not more than $500.
(d) For Class 4 misdemeanors, a fine of not more than $250.
For a misdemeanor offense prohibiting proximity to children as described in subsection A of § 18.2-370.2 (http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?000+cod+18.2-370.2), the sentencing court is authorized to impose the punishment set forth in subsection B of that section in addition to any other penalty provided by law.

Felonies get a bit steep though...

§ 18.2-10. Punishment for conviction of felony; penalty.
The authorized punishments for conviction of a felony are:
(a) For Class 1 felonies, death, if the person so convicted was 18 years of age or older at the time of the offense and is not determined to be mentally retarded pursuant to § 19.2-264.3:1.1 (http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?000+cod+19.2-264.3C1.1), or imprisonment for life and, subject to subdivision (g), a fine of not more than $100,000. If the person was under 18 years of age at the time of the offense or is determined to be mentally retarded pursuant to § 19.2-264.3:1.1 (http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?000+cod+19.2-264.3C1.1), the punishment shall be imprisonment for life and, subject to subdivision (g), a fine of not more than $100,000.
(b) For Class 2 felonies, imprisonment for life or for any term not less than 20 years and, subject to subdivision (g), a fine of not more than $100,000.
(c) For Class 3 felonies, a term of imprisonment of not less than five years nor more than 20 years and, subject to subdivision (g), a fine of not more than $100,000.
(d) For Class 4 felonies, a term of imprisonment of not less than two years nor more than 10 years and, subject to subdivision (g), a fine of not more than $100,000.
(e) For Class 5 felonies, a term of imprisonment of not less than one year nor more than 10 years, or in the discretion of the jury or the court trying the case without a jury, confinement in jail for not more than 12 months and a fine of not more than $2,500, either or both.
(f) For Class 6 felonies, a term of imprisonment of not less than one year nor more than five years, or in the discretion of the jury or the court trying the case without a jury, confinement in jail for not more than 12 months and a fine of not more than $2,500, either or both.
(g) Except as specifically authorized in subdivision (e) or (f), or in Class 1 felonies for which a sentence of death is imposed, the court shall impose either a sentence of imprisonment together with a fine, or imprisonment only. However, if the defendant is not a natural person, the court shall impose only a fine.
For any felony offense committed (i) on or after January 1, 1995, the court may, and (ii) on or after July 1, 2000, shall, except in cases in which the court orders a suspended term of confinement of at least six months, impose an additional term of not less than six months nor more than three years, which shall be suspended conditioned upon successful completion of a period of post-release supervision pursuant to § 19.2-295.2 (http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?000+cod+19.2-295.2) and compliance with such other terms as the sentencing court may require. However, such additional term may only be imposed when the sentence includes an active term of incarceration in a correctional facility.
For a felony offense prohibiting proximity to children as described in subsection A of § 18.2-370.2 (http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?000+cod+18.2-370.2), the sentencing court is authorized to impose the punishment set forth in that section in addition to any other penalty provided by law.

Zoff12
11-18-2010, 08:51 PM
No... not deserving of it. I never said that. Just a fact of law.

Arnulf
11-18-2010, 08:53 PM
Ahh....I thought a misdemeanor was a petty crime...its not.

abpt1
11-18-2010, 08:53 PM
Hey you yelled at me because I said it was polite to return things with a full tank of gas WTF?

Zoff12
11-18-2010, 08:57 PM
Ahh....I thought a misdemeanor was a petty crime...its not.
Yeah... kinda of a shocker ain't it. Most of the Class 1 Misdemeanors I have seen jailed have been Class 6 Felonies that were reduced by the Judge. Still go to jail but without the big"F" on the record.

Sorry for the green letter but back in my early career, all Felony papers were green and we call them "Green Weenies". lol

Arnulf
11-18-2010, 09:08 PM
Yeah... kinda of a shocker ain't it. Most of the Class 1 Misdemeanors I have seen jailed have been Class 6 Felonies that were reduced by the Judge. Still go to jail but without the big"F" on the record.

Sorry for the green letter but back in my early career, all Felony papers were green and we call them "Green Weenies". lol

Yeah...the "F" stands for your fucked. :copper:

Abakan
11-18-2010, 09:16 PM
I'm sorry abpt1, I wasn't typing anything in anger towards you,,,,,, I just didnt think that it was wrong,(criminal I guess now) to buy a man gas for a tiller, then use that tiller to do work for him, then when i needed a tiny bit of my own gas back, I get it and now find out that was a Crime and get a pistol pointed at me and my mother and verbally threatend with it while pointed...

abpt1
11-18-2010, 09:21 PM
I'm sorry abpt1, I wasn't typing anything in anger towards you,,,,,, I just didnt think that it was wrong,(criminal I guess now) to buy a man gas for a tiller, then use that tiller to do work for him, then when i needed a tiny bit of my own gas back, I get it and now find out that was a Crime and get a pistol pointed at me and my mother and verbally threatend with it while pointed...

Hey we are cool I remember you from the old site and I would be a bit edgy if I were you ...

Abakan
11-18-2010, 09:33 PM
Ya, I really am.. Now finding out that I cant do anything about him threatening and pointing a gun at us... and I cant do shit about it now because 6 months or more ago I got maybe a half a gallon of my own gas back out of his tiller that I had purchased and done work for him with it....

REALLY messed up situation.

Zoff12
11-18-2010, 09:35 PM
Nobody's saying you can press charges on him for the brandishing. You just have to take your chances on the Commonwealth's Attorney looking at the gas thing as a true larceny or not.

Dr_Scholl
11-18-2010, 09:40 PM
Dayum...just a misdemeanor to point a gun at someone in VA. my buddy did a yr in Jacktown for pointing his gat at a guy.

Yep, when my sister was 16 some asshole pulled a .357 on her and all they did was charge him with a misdameanor. With his previous record he probably would've done a year or more in jail, but the asshole cop decided not to show up for court and he got off.

mriddick
11-18-2010, 09:52 PM
I assume this guy is either your mothers or fathers brother? Wait for him to sober up then sent who ever is closest to him over to talk to him. If nothing else he wouldn't be the first old guy who's had the firing pins removed from his weapons while he was away...

swampdragon
11-18-2010, 09:52 PM
Next time he points a gun at you or your mom...
Tell your mom to get out of the car.
You get in the driver seat.
Run the fucker over.

TEN-32
11-18-2010, 09:53 PM
Abakan, how many teeth in your family?

Zoff12
11-18-2010, 09:59 PM
Yep, when my sister was 16 some asshole pulled a .357 on her and all they did was charge him with a misdameanor. With his previous record he probably would've done a year or more in jail, but the asshole cop decided not to show up for court and he got off.
Jeez... in VA... cop don't show up... case gets continued and cop can catch a charge of a capias or, at the least, a show cause.

Arnulf
11-18-2010, 10:02 PM

Damn that ain't right...the ones that need to do the time like the ass who pointed a gun at your sis do not...and the ones like my friend who did not need to do the time...went to prison...and all he did was keep some psycho from beating his brains out. :rolleyes:

TEN-32
11-18-2010, 10:11 PM
Damn that ain't right...the ones that need to do the time like the ass who pointed a gun at your sis do not...and the ones like my friend who did not need to do the time...went to prison...and all he did was keep some psycho from beating his brains out. :rolleyes:

Don't pull it unless you're gonna use it. Don't use it unless you're gonna kill the fucker. Not saying your buddy deserved a year at the movies, but he should have had a better strategy than waving a pistol at a scary guy. Of course I wasn't there...just monday morning QB.

swampdragon
11-18-2010, 10:16 PM
Don't pull it unless you're gonna use it. Don't use it unless you're gonna kill the fucker. Not saying your buddy deserved a year at the movies, but he should have had a better strategy than waving a pistol at a scary guy. Of course I wasn't there...just monday morning QB.

You play QB on Monday mornings?
I'm usually too hung over.

Arnulf
11-18-2010, 10:26 PM

If he shot the guy on a downtown street...wouldnt he got a lot worse sentence?
I have always been of the opinion that the man who kills when he can do otherwise is plum loco.

Arnulf
11-18-2010, 10:28 PM
Even cops used to fire warning shots?

AKTexas
11-18-2010, 10:36 PM
There seems to be something in the air.All the first thread post lately have been bat shit crazy.

TEN-32
11-18-2010, 10:51 PM
Even cops used to fire warning shots?

yeah, thats it. Warning shots. :clap:

TEN-32
11-18-2010, 10:53 PM
If he shot the guy on a downtown street...wouldnt he got a lot worse sentence?
I have always been of the opinion that the man who kills when he can do otherwise is plum loco.

You mean versus an uptown street? A man who brandishes a pistol when he is not justified in killing an attacker is guilty of aggravated assault.

Charliebravo
11-18-2010, 11:05 PM
Were you in fear that you could suffer serious bodily injury or death? If so, that qualifies as Aggravated Assault in Texas. Your mileage may vary in Virginia though. Seriously, I don't like seeing people disarmed, but if he's hooked on pills and booze, it's probably for the best.

slamfire51
11-18-2010, 11:14 PM
Possession is 99% of the law, so they say.
Your Dad's gas in Great unk's tiller=Unk's gas.

Kadmos
11-18-2010, 11:23 PM
Possession is 99% of the law, so they say.
Your Dad's gas in Great unk's tiller=Unk's gas.

You are off by a bit..the saying is Possession is nine-tenths of the law.

And at the time of the dispute the gas was in the ATV, which as I understand this mess was in the dad's possession, making it his gas..or 90% his.

Either way you can't walk up to someone and stick a gun in their face because you think they took your gas some time back.

Tx Dogblaster
11-19-2010, 12:29 AM
...Either way you can't walk up to someone and stick a gun in their face because you think they took your gas some time back.

Apparently you can. Maybe only after they flip you off though... :yeah:

63DH8
11-19-2010, 01:30 AM
With Rights comes responsabilties. Your uncle abused his Rights when he pointed the pistol at you and threatened you. Tell the police so there's a record of his behavior. If this is how he acts when something this minor happens, it's best he doesn't have firearms to take it one step further if someone else pisses him off over something else minor.

A friend of mine had this big crazy sumbitch stalking him and he was downtown and this monster come down the street yelling he was gonna kill him and my friend reached in the window of his car and got in the glove box and grabbed his 38 and pointed at the guy and said you better back off....the guy hauled ass straight to the police station and reported him....my friend got 1yr in Jackson State Prison for pulling the pistol.

He should have pulled the trigger and called the cops himself. Dead people can't testify against the shooter. Besides, your friend was in fear for his life.

yankeedog
11-19-2010, 03:30 AM
Did you say he built a house next to yours or pulled one in behind his pickup?

slamfire51
11-19-2010, 09:39 AM
You are off by a bit..the saying is Possession is nine-tenths of the law.

And at the time of the dispute the gas was in the ATV, which as I understand this mess was in the dad's possession, making it his gas..or 90% his.

Either way you can't walk up to someone and stick a gun in their face because you think they took your gas some time back.

You're correct. My brain was in neutral when I posted. 9/10th.
Still, his dad put the gas in the tiller, but never recovered it. The son when to do so, and got into this crap.
The gas was in the tiller and I assume on Great Uncle's property. The gas is in the possession of Great Unk, so I say that makes the gas his.

Here in TN, brandishing or being intoxicated while carrying, gets your permit revoked, period.

crapshoot
11-19-2010, 09:52 AM
Next time he points a gun at you or your mom...
Tell your mom to get out of the car.
You get in the driver seat.
Run the fucker over.

Why the fuck would he run his mom over? It's not like she did anything to threaten him. And for all we know where this guy lives, they may be dating. I had family that lived in Virginia for quite awhile and there were a few neighbors that were definitely inbred around there.

old Grump
11-19-2010, 09:57 AM
POSSESSION is nine points of the law There is no specific legal ruling which supports this proverb—though the concept is widely acknowledged—but in early use the satisfaction of ten (sometimes twelve) points was commonly asserted to attest full entitlement or ownership. Possession, represented by nine (or eleven) points, is therefore the closest substitute for this. Cf. 1595 Edward III E3
Tis you are in possession of the Crowne, And thats the surest poynt of all the Law.
1616 T. Draxe Adages 163
Possession is nine points in the Law.
1659 J. Ireton Oration 5
This Rascally-devill‥denys to pay a farthing of rent. Tis true,

Just one of those little bugs that gets in my ear, it's like people telling me that HP bullets are against the Geneva Convention, they never heard of the Hague convention.

You don't draw unless you have to, you do not fire warning shots, ever, it is a waste of ammunition and you may need that wasted bullet if your target is hard to bring down.

Anybody who points a gun at my family or me without provocation is going to be in a deep pile of crap. If he's lucky the crap will be shoveled on him by the police and not me.

slamfire51
11-19-2010, 10:11 AM
Why the fuck would he run his mom over? It's not like she did anything to threaten him. And for all we know where this guy lives, they may be dating. I had family that lived in Virginia for quite awhile and there were a few neighbors that were definitely inbred around there.

I don't think he's saying his mother is the "Fucker".
The Unk fucker.

Arnulf
11-19-2010, 10:11 AM
With Rights comes responsabilties. Your uncle abused his Rights when he pointed the pistol at you and threatened you. Tell the police so there's a record of his behavior. If this is how he acts when something this minor happens, it's best he doesn't have firearms to take it one step further if someone else pisses him off over something else minor.

He should have pulled the trigger and called the cops himself. Dead people can't testify against the shooter. Besides, your friend was in fear for his life.

Would you shoot someone in the back....who was running from you because you pulled a gun?
My friend did not shoot because the guy turned tail and run....if he kept coming my buddy said he would have shot him.

swampdragon
11-19-2010, 11:12 AM
I don't think he's saying his mother is the "Fucker".
The Unk fucker.

Yeah.
Whatever.
Run BOTH of them over then go get a 6 pack and a chili dog.

slamfire51
11-19-2010, 11:46 AM
Yeah.
Whatever.
Run BOTH of them over then go get a 6 pack and a chili dog.

Chili dog without cinnamon, but extra onions, please.

swampdragon
11-19-2010, 12:09 PM
Chili dog without cinnamon, but extra onions, please.

Cinnamon?
Who the fuck puts cinnamon on a chili dog?

gun papa
11-19-2010, 12:12 PM
I don't care who you are. Put a gun in my face, you'd better use it.

Blacksmith
11-19-2010, 12:23 PM
Would you shoot someone in the back....who was running from you because you pulled a gun?
My friend did not shoot because the guy turned tail and run....if he kept coming my buddy said he would have shot him.

If you fire a warning shot in AZ. You will be doing time.
And if you think this is some kind of a game. You need to step back at revaluate yourself.
I know that if somebody pushes me to the point that I pull my weapon, they will feel the bullets hit long before they could even contemplate running. The laws are written in such a way that cowards can’t just pull there weapons every time they pee their panties. And if they do, they get educated in our prisons.

slamfire51
11-19-2010, 12:25 PM
Cinnamon?
Who the fuck puts cinnamon on a chili dog?

Who the fuck puts cinnamon and chocolate in chli?
No to mention any names, old Grump, Printerman, and possibly FunkyPertwee, ...................

FunkyPertwee
11-19-2010, 12:53 PM
Who the fuck puts cinnamon and chocolate in chli?
No to mention any names, old Grump, Printerman, and possibly FunkyPertwee, ...................

Hot dog chili is different. I don't want no beans in it either.

You must be scared to try a chili with chocolate or cinnamon.

Oh, and report your uncle to the police. If he was gonna report you for the gas it would have happened 6 months ago right? It sounds like he's a danger to society and you should learn how to not piss people off.

Abakan
11-19-2010, 02:50 PM
There's no inbred hicks on this mountain motherfuckers,... I guarantee one room of my home is more valuable than your entire shithole northern ass apartment. Just because I have a crazy ass old man living next to me. Stupid-ass northern Turd Tampers.

Richard Simmons
11-19-2010, 02:55 PM
There's no inbred hicks on this mountain motherfuckers,... I guarantee one room of my home is more valuable than your entire shithole northern ass apartment. Just because I have a crazy ass old man living next to me. Stupid-ass northern Turd Tampers.

You mean your grandpa's house, correct?

Abakan
11-19-2010, 02:58 PM
Either-Or my friend

Abakan
11-19-2010, 03:03 PM
this forum must really went to shit.. I get about 5 or 6 descent people give me good responses, then 5 pages of cocksuckers calling me an inbred hillbilly.

slamfire51
11-19-2010, 03:13 PM
this forum must really went to shit.. I get about 5 or 6 descent people give me good responses, then 5 pages of cocksuckers calling me an inbred hillbilly.

Maybe because you keep the thread going after you got the helpful advice.
You've had plenty of time to make a decision.
If you don't act soon, the statute of limitations will kick in.

old Grump
11-19-2010, 03:20 PM
Thread was over when it went to chili dogs and i was not responsible for that. Swampy beat me to it.

Chili dogs with chili beans, cinnamon, celery salt, kosher dill pickle and honey on it. Hominy grits on the side if they don't have sauerkraut.

slamfire51
11-19-2010, 03:21 PM
Thread was over when it went to chili dogs and i was not responsible for that. Swampy beat me to it.

Chili dogs with chili beans, cinnamon, celery salt, kosher dill pickle and honey on it. Hominy grits on the side if they don't have sauerkraut.

Yeah, Swampy's fault.

Thread was getting a bit :sleep:

Blacksmith
11-19-2010, 03:40 PM

The reason these guys think you’re an inbreed hick is because your family is fucked up. You yourself said you flipped your grandpa off while sitting in the truck next to your mother. In my family that alone would earn you a backhand.
you and your dad brought this shit on yourselves. If your dad would have just manned up and knocked the crap out of you when you first insulted your grandfather, the problem would have not escalated.

63DH8
11-19-2010, 04:07 PM

Nope. You shoot him before he can turn around. :coffee:

chiak47
11-19-2010, 05:53 PM
Just let it go and avoid him.

aliceinchains
11-19-2010, 06:11 PM

Now your making me hungry. I am gonna make some damn chili dogs.

Arnulf
11-19-2010, 06:13 PM
Nope. You shoot him before he can turn around. :coffee:

Or just tell to hold still so you can get a head shot...then it will not hurt so much. :)

slamfire51
11-19-2010, 06:17 PM
Now your making me hungry. I am gonna make some damn chili dogs.

I had 2 after Swampy mentioned them. With extra onions too.
YUM.

ubersoldate
11-19-2010, 06:27 PM

Haha...

Dude, seriously.
You come here with the biggest inbred sounding story, then get mad if anyone calls you on it.
Now you are blaming the forum?
Telling us that you now live in a mansion of a home that one single room is worth more than our houses, yet you are 28, and live with your grandfather?
Take a second and read the idiocy that youve posted, and TRY to admit that if it wasnt your thread you would be making fun of it as well.
I mean you are arguing over a gallon of gas here.

Ask silly question, get a silly answer bro.

Arnulf
11-19-2010, 06:39 PM
Deliverance....Trouble with the hillbillies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RRdRGkmszI

Arnulf
11-19-2010, 06:40 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RRdRGkmszI

Arnulf
11-19-2010, 06:41 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEhwIqmmEJY

aliceinchains
11-19-2010, 06:42 PM
That movie is one of my favorites.

slamfire51
11-19-2010, 06:44 PM
Well, in the end, I see 6 pages of wasted replies geared to help someone with a personal problem and not appreciating the help given.

How many times has this happened in the past?

blacksheep
11-19-2010, 06:59 PM
WTF ! Alcohol and firearms, that never ends well, dude make a police report.:wtf:

aliceinchains
11-19-2010, 07:02 PM
Well, in the end, I see 6 pages of wasted replies geared to help someone with a personal problem and not appreciating the help given.

How many times has this happened in the past?

And how many times will it happen again. How are you doing bro. Hope you enjoyed your chili dogs.

slamfire51
11-19-2010, 07:09 PM
And how many times will it happen again. How are you doing bro. Hope you enjoyed your chili dogs.

They were delicious.

crapshoot
11-19-2010, 07:58 PM

Shut the fuck up you cousin humping southern inbred pussy assed hick. Your 28, you let your senile assed old uncle fucker show you what a pussy and a chump you are by letting him get away with putting a gun in your face then you come here and tell us all what a bitch you are by not doing a fucking thing about it and asking a fucking internet message board what you should do?

The old kook should have been dead, beaten to a bloody pulp, or you should have been suffering a gunshot wound 5 minutes after the whole confrontation went down. Not get online and ask advice.

Now reach down between your legs and see if your balls are still there? If they are, then run back to your double wide and take care of business. Pussy.

Schuetzenman
11-19-2010, 08:27 PM

That is a classic example of an oxymoron. A man with a loaded handgun regarless of age is NOT HELPLESS!

aliceinchains
11-19-2010, 08:38 PM
That is a classic example of an oxymoron. A man with a loaded handgun regarless of age is NOT HELPLESS!

You be a damn man!

swampdragon
11-19-2010, 08:53 PM

Only inbred hillbillies bitch about forums going to shit even AFTER they have already been given good advice and people then move on.
"My" fault?
Yep.
And I don't give a fuck.

swampdragon
11-19-2010, 08:59 PM
I had 2 after Swampy mentioned them. With extra onions too.
YUM.

Hillbilly just needed to call the cops and make out a report....and I was hungry.
End of story.
Damn.
Why must everything be so complicated all the time?
:yeah:

aliceinchains
11-19-2010, 09:03 PM
Hillbilly just needed to call the cops and make out a report....and I was hungry.
End of story.
Damn.
Why must everything be so complicated all the time?

Because people go out of there way to make it so. Breath some fire on there ass next time.

TEN-32
11-19-2010, 09:32 PM
Haha...

Dude, seriously.
You come here with the biggest inbred sounding story, then get mad if anyone calls you on it.
Now you are blaming the forum?
Telling us that you now live in a mansion of a home that one single room is worth more than our houses, yet you are 28, and live with your grandfather?
Take a second and read the idiocy that youve posted, and TRY to admit that if it wasnt your thread you would be making fun of it as well.
I mean you are arguing over a gallon of gas here.

Ask silly question, get a silly answer bro.

Yeah...this.

swampdragon
11-19-2010, 09:42 PM
... I guarantee one room of my home is more valuable than your entire shithole northern ass apartment...

I have a 30 acre ranch there Junior.
And it's paid off in full.
No mortgage.
And it's in my name...not my grandpa's.
Just ONE of my registered and papered horses is probably worth more than everything you own.
Wanna try again ass wipe?

You TRULY picked the wrong forum to try to BS people on.
They'll eat liars alive.
lol...

crapshoot
11-19-2010, 09:45 PM
No mortgage.
Just ONE of my registered and papered horses is probably worth more than everything you own.

They'll eat liars alive.
lol...

Jesus dude, simmer down. I'm betting you wanna call him out to fight you next?

slamfire51
11-19-2010, 09:45 PM
No mortgage.

They'll eat liars alive.
lol...

I see chili brings out the best in you. :yeah:

swampdragon
11-19-2010, 09:50 PM
Jesus dude, simmer down. I'm betting you wanna call him out to fight you next?

I ended it with....."lol"

(as in....I don't even take him seriously)

swampdragon
11-19-2010, 09:52 PM

I'm actually eating a steak with sauteed mushrooms and green beans right now...ha ha ha.

TEN-32
11-19-2010, 09:54 PM
I'm eating my award winning baby backs with some beans and a scotch. Life is good here in my northern apartment...LOL.

swampdragon
11-19-2010, 10:01 PM
I'm eating my award winning baby backs with some beans and a scotch. Life is good here in my northern apartment...LOL.

When are you gonna stop using plastic patio furniture indoors?
lol................

crapshoot
11-19-2010, 10:01 PM
I'm actually eating a steak with sauteed mushrooms and green beans right now...ha ha ha.

Tubesteak

swampdragon
11-19-2010, 10:05 PM
Tubesteak

ribeye

TEN-32
11-19-2010, 10:12 PM
When are you gonna stop using plastic patio furniture indoors?
lol................

When are you gonna stop using horses indoors...?

swampdragon
11-19-2010, 10:17 PM
When are you gonna stop using horses indoors...?

But I saw wood on them!

Tx Dogblaster
11-19-2010, 10:20 PM

I'm tellin ya, it's that effing chocolate and cinnamon...:conf44:

old Grump
11-19-2010, 10:48 PM
I'm tellin ya, it's that effing chocolate and cinnamon...:conf44:Someday you too shall shake the bonds of barbarism and shall embrace civilization. You doth protest to much and it is unseemly. Taste ye of the proffered dish and join the multitudes in rejoicing.

slamfire51
11-19-2010, 10:54 PM
Someday you too shall shake the bonds of barbarism and shall embrace civilization. You doth protest to much and it is unseemly. Taste ye of the proffered dish and join the multitudes in rejoicing.

If chocolate and cinnamon in chili constitutes being civil, just call me Conan.

old Grump
11-19-2010, 10:58 PM
If chocolate and cinnamon in chili constitutes being civil, just call me Conan.If thou art Cimmerian there be hope for ye slim though it be but if ye be from the land of Erin than alas there be nae hope in this lifetime.

slamfire51
11-19-2010, 11:01 PM
If thou art Cimmerian there be hope for ye slim though it be but if ye be from the land of Erin than alas there be nae hope in this lifetime.

Ten-32 is drinking Scotch, what are you enjoying?

Zoff12
11-19-2010, 11:06 PM
Chili... cinnamon... chocolate... Doesn't anybody just like a hotdog with kraut and mustard anymore?

Arnulf
11-19-2010, 11:09 PM
You gents think your hotdog connoisseurs....I bet you do not even know the difference between a chili dog and a coney dog? :)

Zoff12
11-19-2010, 11:11 PM
I haven't been to Coney Island lately but... yeah... I know the diff.

old Grump
11-19-2010, 11:37 PM
Chicago style if its just gonna be a dog. Kosher all beef hotdog, poppyseed bun, Dijon mustard, chopped onion, sweet pickle relish, dill pickle spear on top, tomato slices on the side and topped with celery salt.

If its just going to be a generic dog on a white bread bun make it rough ground horseradish, pickle relish, chopped onion and sauerkraut. Dijon or Pommery or home made Coleman mustard only. that nasty store bought yellow mustard is for tourists.

[/URL] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicago-style_hot_dog#cite_note-eat-0) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicago-style_hot_dog#cite_note-11)[URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicago-style_hot_dog#cite_note-13"]

Arnulf
11-19-2010, 11:37 PM
I haven't been to Coney Island lately but... yeah... I know the diff.

Most think they are the same thing...they are not the same.

Tx Dogblaster
11-19-2010, 11:40 PM
Coney or Corny? I love me some corny dogs too...:smiley31:

Who was it that recently said every thread seems to turn to food? I think it's only the ones that have run their course:dammit:

old Grump
11-19-2010, 11:55 PM
Are you saying that there was another topic on this thread, I thought it was the food forum.

FunkyPertwee
11-20-2010, 12:53 AM
I made chili at the house tonight. I added a noticeable portion of cinnamon and didn't tell anyone, and apparently the family just thinks this is one of the best batches I've made in a long time.

swampdragon
11-20-2010, 06:16 AM
I made chili at the house tonight. I added a noticeable portion of cinnamon and didn't tell anyone, and apparently the family just thinks this is one of the best batches I've made in a long time.

You must normally make really lousy chili....lol

HDR
11-20-2010, 07:52 AM
Ya, I really am.. Now finding out that I cant do anything about him threatening and pointing a gun at us... and I cant do shit about it now because 6 months or more ago I got maybe a half a gallon of my own gas back out of his tiller that I had purchased and done work for him with it....

REALLY messed up situation.

Quite messed up.

You asked for advice and Zoff12 took the time to copy the law and post it. As all he did was answer the questions you asked. IMO, you ought lighten up on Zoff12 or the next time you ask no one will bother to answer especially if they know you won't like the answer. Point is, when someone cuts and pastes the law; it isn't exactly their opinion, a flame or a sharp stick in the eye.

Zoff12,
As not many have access to what you posted and of those who do, most wouldn't bother. I hope you don't take offense by Abakan's reaction.

Kad,
That was pretty good my friend, I guess everyone can surmise what you do for a living. ;)

My uncle is a Pure 100% ASSHOLE.. Even though he's treated me like shit, I grew up respecting the elderly, especially family. So, I took all the Cussing, Accusations, Smart-assed remarks. And never said a word back to him. Just took it... BUT not this time. I will not tolerate anyone pointing a pistol and my Mother and myself. I know for a fact he keeps it loaded, It could have easily went off and killed one of us.

When someone pulls a gun; they crossed a special line. They can kill you and usually they just made killing them legal. However, if you wanted to deal with it; then you should have dealt with it when it happened. If you wait, then it changes and the law goes against you or you snooze, you lose. If you want to deal with shit personally; you must deal with shit when it happens.

As that door is closed now there isn't much you can do except shun him. Avoid him and don't speak with him. The bad news is he "threw down" on you, he is obviously unstable and he lives close.
If you want to bitch slap the asshole is up to you. The next time he asks for a favor and he will and if you are standing close; simply say "look cock breath, you pull a gun on my mother and now you want my help; go fuck yourself etc. Real foul and insulting, if he has it, he'll probably reach for it. Obviously you're trolling; but there aren't any witnesses and it will be his gun on the ground for the cops to pick up.
Check that out with Kadmos and Zoff12; however, I'll bet it is doable.

That is hiding behind a gun which isn't wise.

Colt's Peacemaker left us with a few sayings.. "When Danger Threatens Call On Me And I Will Equalize", "Be Not Afraid Of Any Man No Matter What His Size" and "God Created Men But Sam Colt Made 'em Equal" It was true back in the 1870s; however not as true today.

After the cops come; it goes to court where it usually depends on how the jury felt that day.

He is gonna be really bat shit crazy pissed off after you call the po po on him.....he prolly got guns stashed all over the place.

As the cops will be dealing with it who gives a shit?

Zoff12
11-20-2010, 09:39 AM
Zoff12,
As not many have access to what you posted and of those who do, most wouldn't bother. I hope you don't take offense by Abakan's reaction.
Thanks. I took no offense. I do not really believe his reaction was directed at me. Actually... it's a pretty typical reaction when someone finds out the law is not ENTIRELY on their side. I would have loved to tell him that he was completely in the right but it was just not the case. I believe all of us would agree... like the law or not... it protects the real criminal more often than victim or the guy who just made a bad decision. Sux but true.

TEN-32
11-20-2010, 09:52 AM
But I saw wood on them!

LMAO...I just got this. Freak.:laugh:

slamfire51
11-20-2010, 09:53 AM
Where did the OP go.
Unk may have shot his ass by now.

TEN-32
11-20-2010, 09:55 AM
You gents think your hotdog connoisseurs....I bet you do not even know the difference between a chili dog and a coney dog? :)

I had coney dogs in Saginaw or Bay City Michigan years ago. I can't remember the name of the joint, but it was locally famous. Maybe you can refresh my memory. Anyway, it was a dog on a bun with red meat sauce and mustard. Pretty damn good, but you're right, not a chili dog.

TEN-32
11-20-2010, 10:00 AM
Chicago style if its just gonna be a dog. Kosher all beef hotdog, poppyseed bun, Dijon mustard, chopped onion, sweet pickle relish, dill pickle spear on top, tomato slices on the side and topped with celery salt.

If its just going to be a generic dog on a white bread bun make it rough ground horseradish, pickle relish, chopped onion and sauerkraut. Dijon or Pommery or home made Coleman mustard only. that nasty store bought yellow mustard is for tourists.

[/URL] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicago-style_hot_dog#cite_note-eat-0) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicago-style_hot_dog#cite_note-11)[URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicago-style_hot_dog#cite_note-13"]

Don't forget the sport peppers Grump. Very key to the correct Chicago dog.
http://photos1.blogger.com/hello/98/3385/640/portillos_dog.jpg?force=1

printerman
11-20-2010, 10:33 AM
It may be too late for the charitable approach however both parties may consider themselves both right and wrong.

He'll think he's right cause even though the gas was yours , you said nothing and may have left the hose undone (that's why he thought it was cut)

Then he'll think about your sudden dis-respect during a time when he thought he was right. Back-sassin' and bird-flippin' hardly make for a good argument when your right. Usually those positions are taken when your wrong.

Of course he was wrong even thinking gun in such a trivial matter and when sober he'd probably agree.

I would buy him some gas (cheap enough , what's a couple of bucks) even though it was yours/dads to begin with. Then offer an apology for sassin' back , even though he deserved it.

Then at that point have a discussion why he was wrong scaring your mother "and" other families might have had him arrested and he would lose his gun rights and maybe worse , end up in jail.

If everyone involved sits down in a civil manner and calmly states their cause then maybe this can be resolved , however his admitting his drug and alcohol problem would be paramount and without that admission nothing long term might come of it.

If you choose to make a report he may become un-forgiving and awnry to the point of making matters worse.

Usually if one humbles themselves (buy the gas , make an apology) that lays the door open for the other party to humble themselves. Which would then be a good time to bring in the other issues. If it seems like the family is rail-roading him , he may never settle down to any rational thinking and become worse.

Be humble and carry a big stick. (you've got the big stick) maybe try the humility part.

crapshoot
11-20-2010, 10:36 AM
I think we're past the advice part of this thread.

TEN-32
11-20-2010, 10:39 AM
I think we're past the advice part of this thread.

Consider the source.

Arnulf
11-20-2010, 10:59 AM
I had coney dogs in Saginaw or Bay City Michigan years ago. I can't remember the name of the joint, but it was locally famous. Maybe you can refresh my memory. Anyway, it was a dog on a bun with red meat sauce and mustard. Pretty damn good, but you're right, not a chili dog.

Yep...thats it....with mustard and diced onions on top.....its a hot dog with ground up seasoned meat on top.....but not chili seasoning....they came before chili dogs.....they are delicious....they have a restaurant called "The International Dog House" here that specializes in every type of hot dog there is....they have funny names for there hot dogs.....a hot dog with kraut on it is called a "Hairy dog" :D

Arnulf
11-20-2010, 11:09 AM
Quite messed up.

You asked for advice and Zoff12 took the time to copy the law and post it. As all he did was answer the questions you asked. IMO, you ought lighten up on Zoff12 or the next time you ask no one will bother to answer especially if they know you won't like the answer. Point is, when someone cuts and pastes the law; it isn't exactly their opinion, a flame or a sharp stick in the eye.

Zoff12,

Kad,
That was pretty good my friend, I guess everyone can surmise what you do for a living. ;)

When someone pulls a gun; they crossed a special line. They can kill you and usually they just made killing them legal. However, if you wanted to deal with it; then you should have dealt with it when it happened. If you wait, then it changes and the law goes against you or you snooze, you lose. If you want to deal with shit personally; you must deal with shit when it happens.

As that door is closed now there isn't much you can do except shun him. Avoid him and don't speak with him. The bad news is he "threw down" on you, he is obviously unstable and he lives close.
If you want to bitch slap the asshole is up to you. The next time he asks for a favor and he will and if you are standing close; simply say "look cock breath, you pull a gun on my mother and now you want my help; go fuck yourself etc. Real foul and insulting, if he has it, he'll probably reach for it. Obviously you're trolling; but there aren't any witnesses and it will be his gun on the ground for the cops to pick up.
Check that out with Kadmos and Zoff12; however, I'll bet it is doable.

That is hiding behind a gun which isn't wise.

Colt's Peacemaker left us with a few sayings.. "When Danger Threatens Call On Me And I Will Equalize", "Be Not Afraid Of Any Man No Matter What His Size" and "God Created Men But Sam Colt Made 'em Equal" It was true back in the 1870s; however not as true today.

After the cops come; it goes to court where it usually depends on how the jury felt that day.

As the cops will be dealing with it who gives a shit?

The law will not let you use a gun to keep from being beaten to death....what good are they? as a cop you know that you can be just as graveyard dead by being beaten to death as being shot or stabbed.

slamfire51
11-20-2010, 01:32 PM
The law will not let you use a gun to keep from being beaten to death....what good are they?

Where (state) is this law applied?
Damn sure not in TN.
If someone threatens to beat you to death, shoot him. Perfectly legal here.

FunkyPertwee
11-20-2010, 01:45 PM
Damn sure not in TN.

Arnulf thinks you should be able to point a gun at someone, don't shoot them and cause them to run away, then don't get in trouble.

Generally I think you should'nt draw unless yuor going to fire, but if it happens and its seemingly justified, like the person really thought they would die otherwise, that a year in prison is way too much. If it was really justified then just give the guy a small fine and tell him to pull the trigger next time.

mrkalashnikov
11-20-2010, 02:16 PM
Get a .22 pistol (preferably silenced), a shovel and a 40 lb bag of quicklime. Pre-dig a suitable size hole some out in the back 40. When Black Bart come out of his cabin sneak up Injun-style behind him. Two behind the ear then proceed to fill in awaiting hole. Then help yourself to all the gas you want.

old Grump
11-20-2010, 02:20 PM
Don't forget the sport peppers Grump. Very key to the correct Chicago dog.
Hand slap to forehead, 'WHAP", was relying on dinosaur memory and usually ate them at Portillo's. They usually asked hot or not hot and it was a no brainer for me, even the non hot peppers were good. I can't believe I forgot the peppers.

Can't believe we are still talking about gas stealer getting a gun pointed at him, he asked for it, he got it, now he needs to go back to school, do his homework, take his vitamins, pray and get 8 hours of sleep every night and hope he lives long enough to grow to adulthood.

slamfire51
11-20-2010, 02:22 PM
Arnulf thinks you should be able to point a gun at someone, don't shoot them and cause them to run away, then don't get in trouble.

Generally I think you should'nt draw unless yuor going to fire, but if it happens and its seemingly justified, like the person really thought they would die otherwise, that a year in prison is way too much. If it was really justified then just give the guy a small fine and tell him to pull the trigger next time.

That's bad in the sense that the bad guy now knows you're carrying. Now he has the opportunity to catch you when you're now on your guard.

Stupid idea to pull and not use.

aliceinchains
11-20-2010, 02:27 PM
Hand slap to forehead, 'WHAP", was relying on dinosaur memory and usually ate them at Portillo's. They usually asked hot or not hot and it was a no brainer for me, even the non hot peppers were good. I can't believe I forgot the peppers.

Can't believe we are still talking about gas stealer getting a gun pointed at him, he asked for it, he got it, now he needs to go back to school, do his homework, take his vitamins, pray and get 8 hours of sleep every night and hope he lives long enough to grow to adulthood.

Glad to hear you like peppers. I don't leave home without them.

slamfire51
11-20-2010, 02:27 PM

Damn, never seen one done up like that.
I wish I could give one a try. Not sure if we have a place that offers then around here.

slamfire51
11-20-2010, 02:36 PM
I say we start a doughnut discussion the next time a lame thread starts.
I know we have active and retired LEOs. They should have some good input.

What do you guys think?

Abakan
11-20-2010, 02:37 PM
Yeah, HDR is right on. I should have reacted then, but now I will probably just let it go and keep distance from his ass.

As for the the rest of ya cock smokers. Ya, I guess I asked for it. I've calmed down since my original post. Which I should have never made...

Blacksmith
11-20-2010, 02:42 PM
Ya, I guess I asked for it. I've calmed down since my original post. Which I should have never made...
LOL
Some people just don’t have thick enough skin for the internet.

slamfire51
11-20-2010, 02:43 PM
Yeah, HDR is right on. I should have reacted then, but now I will probably just let it go and keep distance from his ass.

As for the the rest of ya cock smokers. Ya, I guess I asked for it. I've calmed down since my original post. Which I should have never made...

You're such a :crying:

and :usuck:

Here's to you :tongue0002:

old Grump
11-20-2010, 02:56 PM

Damn, never seen one done up like that.
I wish I could give one a try. Not sure if we have a place that offers then around here.You probably have everyting you need in the house now except maybe the peppers, sesame seed bun and celery salt. Any grocery store will have them. Kosher beef dogs simmered in water, not boiled to death is the secret, don't just dump them in a pot and pour a quart of water over them or you might as well be doing Oscar Mayer franks.

Arnulf
11-20-2010, 02:59 PM

No I think my friend should not have been sent to prison...read my earlier post.

Arnulf
11-20-2010, 03:10 PM
Damn sure not in TN.

Back then in MI at the time the only justifiable use of a firearm in self defense was home invasions....we have the "castle law" now.

Blacksmith
11-20-2010, 04:49 PM
Back then in MI at the time the only justifiable use of a firearm in self defense was home invasions....we have the "castle law" now.

Every state in the union has laws against what your frend did.
He belongs in prison.

Arnulf
11-20-2010, 05:05 PM
Every state in the union has laws against what your frend did.
He belongs in prison.

So he should have killed the guy rather than warn him?

Blacksmith
11-20-2010, 05:56 PM
So he should have killed the guy rather than warn him?

If he was in fear of loosing his life, he would have shot the guy.
Then it would have been up to the jury to decide his fate.
As it is, he is just another guy that chose to hide behind a gun.

Abakan
11-20-2010, 06:06 PM
I heard Slamfire was a little light in the loafers, lol

Na, i'm not thin-skinned, i was just pissed off that day and I tend to overreact when I'm pissed. sorry bout that.

slamfire51
11-20-2010, 06:12 PM

Na, i'm not thin-skinned, i was just pissed off that day and I tend to overreact when I'm pissed. sorry bout that.

Have a donut, and SHUT THE FUCK UP.

Grow up while you're at it sonny boy.

aliceinchains
11-20-2010, 06:45 PM

And where the fuck did you hear that. I find no humor in your comment about slamfire.

slamfire51
11-20-2010, 06:48 PM
And where the fuck did you hear that. I find no humor in your comment about slamfire.

That's ok.
I expect that from the mentally challenged delinquents.

crapshoot
11-20-2010, 06:51 PM

Something we can agree on.

slamfire51
11-20-2010, 06:54 PM
Something we can agree on.

Fuck you and your mental giant butt buddy. :yuch:

crapshoot
11-20-2010, 06:58 PM
Get a job you lazy fucker. :jerkoff:

slamfire51
11-20-2010, 07:01 PM
Get a job you lazy fucker. :jerkoff:

My dick is available for you to suck. $10 a hr.
I hear you can go all night.

crapshoot
11-20-2010, 07:06 PM
See, you are light in the loafers.

slamfire51
11-20-2010, 07:09 PM
See, you are light in the loafers.

Oh, I forgot, you only suck little boys dicks, like your avatar suggests.

crapshoot
11-20-2010, 07:21 PM
Don't be jealous.

slamfire51
11-20-2010, 07:27 PM
Don't be jealous.

Jealous of a FAG, I don't think so.

crapshoot
11-20-2010, 07:36 PM
Don't try to project your own shortcomings onto me.

blacksheep
11-20-2010, 07:59 PM
:fagfight:

Abakan
11-20-2010, 08:04 PM
Goddamn I thought ya'll said I was the one with thin skin, hahaha

light in the loafers, LOL!!!!!!!!!!

HDR
11-20-2010, 09:08 PM
Thanks. I took no offense. I do not really believe his reaction was directed at me. Actually... it's a pretty typical reaction when someone finds out the law is not ENTIRELY on their side. I would have loved to tell him that he was completely in the right but it was just not the case. I believe all of us would agree... like the law or not... it protects the real criminal more often than victim or the guy who just made a bad decision. Sux but true.

No problem.. It gets me when someone posts a quote and gets a flame in return. True, the law does protect the criminal more than the victim or the honest person.

Abakan's "friend" is hiding behind the gun because it is all he has; however he'd probably break if one dealt with him.

HDR
11-20-2010, 09:09 PM
Don't try to project your own shortcomings onto me.

If you're like me; you have enough of your own already.

lol

slamfire51
11-20-2010, 09:28 PM
Goddamn I thought ya'll said I was the one with thin skin, hahaha

light in the loafers, LOL!!!!!!!!!!

You're young and just the type crappy enjoys.
Lube the ass and lick the lips...crappy's cumming.

TEN-32
11-20-2010, 10:10 PM
Jeebus H. Christo, must every Goddamned slack-jaw knob gobble post be turned inside out like crapshoots ass? Why do you all always go to the lowest common denominator?

abpt1
11-20-2010, 10:53 PM
Jeebus H. Christo, must every Goddamned slack-jaw knob gobble post be turned inside out like crapshoots ass? Why do you all always go to the lowest common denominator?
Duh ....? WTF.......................... because hes a fucking tard.... you stupid fucking fag :fy:

old Grump
11-20-2010, 11:08 PM
Gentlemen please, a little decorum if you will. As adults we must show the youngsters the proper stance in the face of adversity. Now dish up a nice bowl of chili, a large chunk of cornbread spread thickly with home churned butter and prepare for a food fight. Its the adult thing to do. Much better than finger waving and all this talk about possession of pints of gas and gun slinging.

Before the food fight starts everybody gather in a circle for the group hug, shower afterward at the fire station where they have the decon station already set up. Bring your own clean underwear I'm not loaning mine out again.

crapshoot
11-21-2010, 12:54 AM

See? And I didn't even start the fire. I just threw gas on it.

davepool
11-21-2010, 01:48 AM

My wife is from Bay City, you might have got that dog at the Dirty O, although they are better known for their lake perch.

swampdragon
11-21-2010, 01:56 AM
LMAO...I just got this. Freak.:laugh:

It sucks when they get jumpy.
Carpentry is a SKILL man!
lol.......