PDA

View Full Version : 2 moons

whiskeyman
07-21-2010, 08:06 PM
27 th Aug the Whole World is waiting for.............

Planet Mars will be the brightest in the night sky starting August. It will look as large as the full moon to the naked eye. This will cultivate on Aug. 27 when Mars comes within 34.65M miles off earth. Be sure to watch the sky on Aug. 27 12:30 am. It will look like the earth has 2 moons.

The next time Mars may come this close is in 2287.

matshock
07-21-2010, 10:02 PM
Put it on my calendar- thanks!

alismith
07-21-2010, 10:08 PM
I'll catch it next time.

Sidartha
07-21-2010, 10:17 PM
I'll catch it next time.

LoL

cevulirn
07-21-2010, 10:18 PM
bullshit.

http://www.hoax-slayer.com/mars-earth-close.html

Even at its closest mars would still only look like a very bright star, and no features would be visible without a (large) telescope.

whiskeyman
07-21-2010, 10:29 PM
I wondered if this was true. Now I know. Thanks.

Mark Ducati
07-22-2010, 08:26 AM
What a let down... man, I was really looking forward to this.

RJ Shooter
07-22-2010, 08:38 AM
bullshit...Exactly! ;)

...if any planet looked that big, and that close, we'd have some serious gravity issues! :p

renegadebuck
07-22-2010, 09:06 AM
bullshit.

http://www.hoax-slayer.com/mars-earth-close.html

Even at its closest mars would still only look like a very bright star, and no features would be visible without a (large) telescope.

+1 That tale has been circulating for a few years on and off.

matshock
07-22-2010, 10:31 AM
That's too bad- I bet it will still look good in my spotting scope though.

Is 12:30 AM when it's going to crest on the horizon? That would magnify it quite a bit for a short time.

romakdaddy
07-22-2010, 11:03 AM
has anyone else noticed how bright venus has been the last few years.i dont remember it being so bright.

Prometheus168
07-22-2010, 06:35 PM
What a let down... man, I was really looking forward to this.

Its Bush's Fault........

Rusty

HDR
07-22-2010, 06:56 PM
Exactly! ;)

...if any planet looked that big, and that close, we'd have some serious gravity issues! :p

Impact in 4 minutes 37 seconds?

printerman
07-24-2010, 09:29 AM
So close we'll pretend to land man on it , just like the moon .....

chiak47
07-26-2010, 02:41 AM

Be open with yourself and admit that you hate America and everything she stands for.

RJ Shooter
07-26-2010, 12:48 PM

Be open with yourself and admit that you hate truth and everything it might mean... :p

cciota
07-26-2010, 01:59 PM

Be open with yourself and admit that your a moonbat.

Krupski
07-26-2010, 10:06 PM
27 th Aug the Whole World is waiting for.............

Planet Mars will be the brightest in the night sky starting August. It will look as large as the full moon to the naked eye. This will cultivate on Aug. 27 when Mars comes within 34.65M miles off earth. Be sure to watch the sky on Aug. 27 12:30 am. It will look like the earth has 2 moons.

The next time Mars may come this close is in 2287.

Mars gets "close" to the earth about once every 1-1/2 years. Due to the eccentricity of the orbits of both earth and mars, there will be times when mars is "extra close" to us, but that non-harmonic event only happens every few centuries or so (don't know the exact interval). In any event, at the absolute closest, Mars will look brighter than usual, a view of the planet as a disk with polar caps might be barely possible with good binoculars or a cheap telescope, but no way will it ever come close enough to appear as a disk to the naked eye... much less appear to be the same size as our moon.

That story is 100% BS.

Krupski
07-26-2010, 10:11 PM

Why do you not believe the Americans landed on the moon? All it takes is an airtight box, some guidance electronics and enough consumables to last for a week (3 days to get there, 1 day to walk around and 3 days to get back).

Land on MARS? Never happen (impossible) with our current technology. But the moon is only 240,000 miles away, and it stays with us (unlike Mars which is in it's own orbit).

What part of the Apollo missions do you believe were impossible? Getting to the moon? Landing on it? Making it back to earth?

I'm sure you know the general sequence (leave earth, fly to the moon, orbit the moon, land on the moon, take off from the moon, link back up in lunar orbit, come back home, plop into the ocean).

Which part of this "chain" do you think is impossible?

If you are going to deny that Apollo went to the moon (many times), at least you should have a REASON to back up your theory. Otherwise, you just look like a clown.

MOP
09-08-2010, 06:59 PM
Just wait for 'Google Moon'...

...then, you can see the Flag of the USA on the Lunar Surface.

BTW, did we claim the moon ? Never heard of it, but our flag is there.

Krupski
09-09-2010, 12:13 AM
Just wait for 'Google Moon'...

...then, you can see the Flag of the USA on the Lunar Surface.

BTW, did we claim the moon ? Never heard of it, but our flag is there.

International agreement does not allow any country to claim the moon. That's why the plaque on the Apollo 11 lunar module descent stage landing leg says:

"Here men from the planet earth first set foot upon the moon. July 1969 A.D. We came in peace for all mankind".

Interestingly, the AS11 astronauts planted the US Flag too close to the LM and when it took off, the exhaust plume blew it down, so the very first American Flag on the moon is lying in the dirt. But it's there. Red, white and blue. OURS. :thumbsup:

crapshoot
09-09-2010, 09:00 AM

Why don't you just move to fucking russia already you un-American commie son of a bitch?

My grandfather worked for Ford=Philco that made the fucking electronics for the Apollo that WENT to the moon you fucking moonbat.

I hate asswipes like you that sit in your fucking trailerpark with your mom, jerking off to pics of pre-teen girls while wearing your tinfoil hat and thinking everything the US government does is a god damn conspiracy.

You need to accept the fact that NASA put men on the moon and you are crazy as a shithouse rat you asshole!

insider
09-10-2010, 06:30 AM
Did you ever see the tits on the man in the moon? How about the crab in the moon?

MOP
09-11-2010, 12:57 AM
Thanks Krupski,

since the russian claimed the North Pole...by planting their flag on the sea floor,

and the chinese claimed 90% of the South China Sea...by planting their flag on the sea floor.

We should take the moon...if anybody complained, we can retaliate by taking Mars also.

Randomluck
09-11-2010, 08:12 AM
Thanks Krupski,

since the russian claimed the North Pole...by planting their flag on the sea floor,

and the chinese claimed 90% of the South China Sea...by planting their flag on the sea floor.

We should take the moon...if anybody complained, we can retaliate by taking Mars also.

The Moon and Mars both have been claimed already.

Moon (http://www.lunarembassy.com/lunar/shops.lasso?-database=aa654s5677556pr&-layout=US$_pr9981_en&-response=index_e.lasso&-NoResultsError=index_e.lasso&-token.affindex=&-token.trackindex=1867361&-token.rn=51913928&-token.cs=US$&-token.rs29=33&-token.rscd=LE&-token.firstlogin=&-token.skip=&-show)

Mars (http://www.marsshop.com/)