PDA

View Full Version : I lack the words to describe this

raxar
11-20-2010, 09:29 AM
apparently firearms handling is looked at slightly differently in eastern Europe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ontg8xHvPiA

Schuetzenman
11-20-2010, 09:33 AM
Wow, within spitting distance of a road and apartment buildings. Also those Makrov rounds seem to be bouncing off the front windshield.

Altarboy
11-20-2010, 09:37 AM
Must be their equivilent of Compton.

matshock
11-20-2010, 09:55 AM
Wow, within spitting distance of a road and apartment buildings. Also those Makrov rounds seem to be bouncing off the front windshield.

Those aprartments look like abandoned "workers paradise" housing projects to me- all the windows are open and it's cold out.

Richard Simmons
11-20-2010, 09:58 AM
Practice like you fight? I'm guessing they'e cops. Notice the lack of any hearing or eye proctection as well as total disregard for saftey? Perhaps this is the Russian version of CSI, crime scene recreation :oh:

printerman
11-20-2010, 10:01 AM
The shooters didn't even flinch when the car and the van went by , as if it's common place to just pull off a couple of rounds. I wonder where this ghost town is ?

ATAK, Inc.
11-20-2010, 10:28 AM
They are just in Gaybes Tactical POS Take-Down Training!

You never know when a POS will be a threat!!!

Mark Ducati
11-20-2010, 11:37 AM
I guess shooting in an "open and safe manner" means that someone is not shooting back at you?

mrkalashnikov
11-20-2010, 02:03 PM
Tame stuff by EU standards, usually they'd be out there spraying w/ their FA Kalashnikovs. :boozer::wild-mg:

T2K
11-21-2010, 05:19 AM
Yeah, the penetration was evident on the side windows, but not on the front windscreen. Maybe they didn't penetrate. Looks like some ex-Soviet apartment blocks.

HDR
11-21-2010, 07:00 AM

It is the angle of the glass. A bud's family owns a auto salvage yard back in the old 5,45, 5,56, 7.62x39 board war days we were going to do a penetration test. We must have been lucky and chose the optimum distance and angle of the windshield. We quit "testing" because of the ricochets.

AK_Apostle
11-21-2010, 07:39 AM
Doesn't look that dangerous to me,there are no people in the vicinity and they aren't shooting while traffic is passing.

Could be a mostly deserted area, hard to tell for sure what the safety margin is by looking at the video.

I hear gun shots all the time living out in the country, people opening up on old refrigerators and old cars on their property is common practice around here. I never worry about it..

I would rather have it this way than the cops being called every time a shot is fired like in todays uppity nanny state neighborhoods...

raxar
11-21-2010, 01:26 PM
Doesn't look that dangerous to me,there are no people in the vicinity and they aren't shooting while traffic is passing.

Could be a mostly deserted area, hard to tell for sure what the safety margin is by looking at the video.

uh, watch the first 10 seconds of the video, there are clearly several cars driving in the intersection behind the car while they're shooting, and the guy is shooting the windsheild when the red car drives past

taken at 7 seconds, note the shadow of the guy shooting

http://www.gunsnet.net/photopost/data/500/carshoot.JPG

I would rather have it this way than the cops being called every time a shot is fired like in todays uppity nanny state neighborhoods...

you need to think like the people driving past rather than the people shooting....

AK_Apostle
11-21-2010, 02:29 PM
I see one shot to the windshield as the car was approaching but the car was far enough away it's occupants weren't in any danger.

Hells bells it's just two good old boys out having some fun and testing out their ammo on an abandoned vehicle... as far as I can tell there wasn't anyone in imminent danger of being injured or killed. As far as safety glases, thats their call. I shot for years without wearing safety glases and had my finger touching the trigger too. :googoo:

Krupski
11-21-2010, 05:00 PM
apparently firearms handling is looked at slightly differently in eastern Europe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ontg8xHvPiA

Um... I'm speechless.

O.S.O.K.
11-21-2010, 08:17 PM
Stupid assholes. Pretty weird watching that - like everybody is saying -the cars driving by = and they slow down to see what's going on! Crazy shit.

And if they really wanted to see some penetration, they should have found some toks to shoot...

HDR
11-21-2010, 10:09 PM
Stupid assholes. Pretty weird watching that - like everybody is saying -the cars driving by = and they slow down to see what's going on! Crazy shit.

Russians drink a lot and it shows...

Alcoholism, or alcohol related accidents and illnesses account for one in 8 deaths annually. Men have been most severely impacted, now having a life expectancy of about 60 years of age. These numbers are of serious concern to the government as the overall population of Russia is shrinking in part due to what could be called a national addiction.
http://www.learn-about-alcoholism.com/alcoholism-in-russia.html

NAPOTS
11-22-2010, 12:30 AM
WTF I thought a general safety rule was you never shoot TOWARDS a road or near buildings where people may be living.

Dr_Scholl
11-22-2010, 07:29 AM
WTF I thought a general safety rule was you never shoot TOWARDS a road or near buildings where people may be living.

When did the Russians/eastern Europeans ever care about safety? These were the same people who sent firefighters into Chernobyl without so much as gas masks or NBC suits.

Vorkutinetz
11-22-2010, 09:15 AM
Pretty stupid yes, but not as dangerous as you guys think. Keep in mind that civilians in Russia (they spoke Russian) are prohibited from owning hand guns. What those guys have in the video are traumatic pistols. They look and operate just like a PM, but it shoots less than lethal rubber bullets...It is pretty much worthless past 10 meters...
That said.
I am almost certain that somebody would have called the cops and those guys would eventually get their asses kicked by some OMON operatives that dont have a sense of humor about things like that.

AK_Apostle
11-22-2010, 10:58 AM

Hunters hunt woods and fields around here all the time that are adjacent to main highways and rural roads.... with houses only a few hundred yards away. I hear gun fire all the time close by, I can tell they firing in my direction by the sound. I don't get all pissy and excited about it and call the sheriff. When it gets to the point you must have a moon scape to shoot this sport is finished!

I was raised shooting down in ditches, in wooded areas and down at the local train yards (houses were in every direction) and that's still the way I prefer to shoot. Shooting at paper targets only at a range gets boring, it's about as much fun for me as watching a fishing show or NASCAR race on TV. I have shot thousands of BBS with out safety glasses too.... back then keeping your finger strait and wearing safety glasses wasn't taught, you just knew not keep your finger on the trigger.

For all the the shooting that takes place on private land and neighboring properties around here I never have heard of anyone getting shot..

sevlex
11-22-2010, 11:04 AM
Those guys strike as me Russian mafia. I doubt they give a shit about safety.

abpt1
11-22-2010, 11:05 AM
Pretty stupid yes, but not as dangerous as you guys think. Keep in mind that civilians in Russia (they spoke Russian) are prohibited from owning hand guns. What those guys have in the video are traumatic pistols. They look and operate just like a PM, but it shoots less than lethal rubber bullets...It is pretty much worthless past 10 meters...
That said.
I am almost certain that somebody would have called the cops and those guys would eventually get their asses kicked by some OMON operatives that dont have a sense of humor about things like that.
One looks like a 9x18 with out question, I am thinking they look like cops ...

Vorkutinetz
11-22-2010, 11:30 AM
One looks like a 9x18 with out question, I am thinking they look like cops ...

I dont know, man. Judging by their mannerisms and vocabulary, I doubt that they are cops. One commented that they should not film their faces just in case:) But the pistols are these:
http://www.mvdv.ru/expo/2819/prod_1991.htm
Side by side they are identical to the real PM. And can be purchased by just about anybody that goes through and pays for the paper process of obtaining the needed license for a traumatic/gas pistol.

abpt1
11-22-2010, 11:36 AM
I dont know, man. Judging by their mannerisms and vocabulary, I doubt that they are cops. One commented that they should not film their faces just in case:) But the pistols are these:
http://www.mvdv.ru/expo/2819/prod_1991.htm
Side by side they are identical to the real PM. And can be purchased by just about anybody that goes through and pays for the paper process of obtaining the needed license for a traumatic/gas pistol.
Very interesting.