PDA

View Full Version : So what year did the Benelli M3 come out?

tank_monkey
11-21-2010, 12:35 AM
I've been trying to research this for a long time and all websites just spout the same old 'sales manual' BS that comes straight from the Benelli web site.

I ask because some dude my friend knows claims his uncle has a Benelli M3 Tactical that has been locked away in a safe since 1987 and now that his uncle has passed away, he wants to sell the safe, contents and all. My buddy wants to make an offer, but I told him that I don't recall the M3 being around back in 1987, so it may be another shotgun.

Gunreference1
11-21-2010, 01:08 AM
The Blue Book Of Gun Values says "New 1989" for the M3.

Steve

swampdragon
11-21-2010, 01:16 AM
I've been trying to research this for a long time and all websites just spout the same old 'sales manual' BS that comes straight from the Benelli web site.

I ask because some dude my friend knows claims his uncle has a Benelli M3 Tactical that has been locked away in a safe since 1987 and now that his uncle has passed away, he wants to sell the safe, contents and all. My buddy wants to make an offer, but I told him that I don't recall the M3 being around back in 1987, so it may be another shotgun.

I owned a pre-ban M3Super90 that I sold to a member here many moons ago.
Don't know what year was the first, but mine was pre-ban at least.

EDIT: Oh. 1989 huh? That sounds about right.

tank_monkey
11-21-2010, 09:55 PM
The Blue Book Of Gun Values says "New 1989" for the M3.

Steve

Thanks guys :D You da best! (so I figure he either has the year wrong or it's another tactical type shotgun, maybe an M1)

swampdragon
11-21-2010, 10:10 PM
Thanks guys :D You da best! (so I figure he either has the year wrong or it's another tactical type shotgun, maybe an M1)

You "might" be able to send the serial number to Benelli and they can trace it.

ALSO.......Keep in mind that some of the earliest M3's were still associated with Heckler & Koch.
If yours is an HK type, it's worth even more!
Check it out and see if there is any HK markings on it.
The 1989 date "might" be when Benelli took over the shotgun.
HK had it first.

http://www.remtek.com/arms/hk/civ/benelli/m3s90.htm