PDA

View Full Version : How would you load a bugout bag for your wife or girlfriend?

Uncle Scary
11-21-2010, 05:54 AM
It's been my impression that women refuse to be scared, so we will have to be scared for them. If it looked like we are headed for a natural disaster or nuclear war, I'd throw a pack in her trunk that included a few day's worth of MRE's, some bottled water and iodine tablets, flashlight,folding knife, first aid kit, and a survival blanket. My wife seems to be most proficient with an M1 Carbine, so I'd throw that in the trunk along with a few hundred rounds of ammo. I'm sure there are a hundred other small things that I could include, but these are the basics.

arcangel
11-21-2010, 06:38 AM
Yup every thing you said except weapon, and folding knife. My girl likes a fixed blade, and she's straight mean with my M&P15T and Acog. And she likes the G19, after todays crazyness she wants a G19. Your wish is my command. Lol. Barking up that tree a while. Im going to see if she she likes the AK next. She isnt recoil sensative like some ladies, and likes to shoot the USP45T and both 308's and is learning to shoot much faster than I did. She is also diggin the tactical/speed type too "oh yeah!!!!" Keeper. Like she did this in another life? Hmmm.

Anyways Id add a Katadyn water pump type filter to the bottled water, good to have one in the trunk.

hawk1911
11-21-2010, 12:27 PM
Currently doing the same for the minivan. I think the weapon (other than knife) is going to be a pistol. I haven't asked her which she would preffer yet. Gotta pack stuff for the kids too.

Flinter
11-21-2010, 03:58 PM
Don't forget the feminine products....

Uncle Scary
11-21-2010, 09:13 PM

That's right. Bears are attracted by women who are having their periods. lol.

Uncle Scary
11-21-2010, 09:15 PM
Yup every thing you said except weapon, and folding knife. My girl likes a fixed blade, and she's straight mean with my M&P15T and Acog. And she likes the G19, after todays crazyness she wants a G19. Your wish is my command. Lol. Barking up that tree a while. Im going to see if she she likes the AK next. She isnt recoil sensative like some ladies, and likes to shoot the USP45T and both 308's and is learning to shoot much faster than I did. She is also diggin the tactical/speed type too "oh yeah!!!!" Keeper. Like she did this in another life? Hmmm.

Anyways Id add a Katadyn water pump type filter to the bottled water, good to have one in the trunk.

My wife is very recoil and noise sensitive. If she had her choice, it would be a 10/22. At least with an M1 Carbine, she has something that she could defend herself with up to about 200 yards.

swampdragon
11-22-2010, 01:58 AM
First thing I would do is make sure the wife and girlfriend never saw each others bags.
And separate transportation would probably be a good idea too.

Broondog
11-22-2010, 02:21 AM
First thing I would do is make sure the wife and girlfriend never saw each others bags.

just so long as they are both nearby. there is safety in numbers and you never know when you may need to repopulate the species. :biggrina:

HDR
11-22-2010, 06:08 AM

With everyone armed that is living very dangerously. lol

swampdragon
11-22-2010, 01:49 PM
With everyone armed that is living very dangerously. lol

Hey now.
I didn't start this thread.
I was just answering Uncle Scary's question as he presented it.
lol..........

Uncle Scary
11-23-2010, 09:12 PM
Hey now.
I didn't start this thread.
I was just answering Uncle Scary's question as he presented it.
lol..........

This is a gun forum. Any survival plans will involve guns. Different groups plan for disaster differently.

I suppose if we were a quilting forum, we'd discuss which types of knitting needles to pack in our SHTF bugout packs.

I don't even want to contemplate what "alternative orientation" groups are putting in their bugout packs.

swampdragon
11-23-2010, 09:28 PM
This is a gun forum. Any survival plans will involve guns. Different groups plan for disaster differently.

I suppose if we were a quilting forum, we'd discuss which types of knitting needles to pack in our SHTF bugout packs.

I don't even want to contemplate what "alternative orientation" groups are putting in their bugout packs.

Hygene products are always of the utmost importance for females.
They are 10 times more likely to get infections of all sorts than men are.

Food, water, space blanket, prescription meds, first aid kit and a Bic lighter or matches.
That would be the first items I'd pack for my wife.
I'd say your initial list is fine.

swampdragon
11-23-2010, 09:31 PM

Yep.

Nimbly
11-23-2010, 10:41 PM
A cast iron skillet. Didn't you see Lord Of The Rings. Great for cooking great for smacking folks in the head.

Uncle Scary
11-24-2010, 01:50 AM

But leave out the condoms...

HDR
11-24-2010, 06:45 AM
My wife seems to be most proficient with an M1 Carbine, so I'd throw that in the trunk along with a few hundred rounds of ammo.

That is a lot of weight; the best defense against a firefight is not to get in one. Weight and running fast don't mix well. Infantry fights; small recon teams avoid fights.

Let them know; they will probably be pissed enough to wipe out a company.. LOL

Uncle Scary
11-24-2010, 10:59 AM
That is a lot of weight; the best defense against a firefight is not to get in one. Weight and running fast don't mix well. Infantry fights; small recon teams avoid fights.

Be that as it may, small recon units still go out with weapons even though the weight of the weapons and ammo slows them down. Katrina shows that when law and order break down and people are desperate, the worst in human behavior will come out.