PDA

View Full Version : New Style Romy 75 drum mag vs old style rimy drum mag

sar32
11-22-2010, 04:36 PM
Just wondering what your guys opinions are on the new style drum mag made in Romania taken from the chineese design vs the old thumb operated drum mag

thanks

imanaknut
11-22-2010, 05:52 PM
I don't know the quality of the Romanian copy of the Chinese drum, but I prefer it to the load one at a time because they are great storage places. The spring is never under tension until you are ready to use it.

It is also a bunch easier to load versus the old thumb breaker.

sevlex
11-23-2010, 12:20 PM
I've heard the Romy version is excellent and the Korean version is crap.

vit
11-23-2010, 08:20 PM
We'll see how it is . I just ordered one from Cope's for 60 + shipping.

NATIONALIST
12-07-2010, 12:15 AM
i have a romy russian style drum & a chinese windup drum and i perfer the romy drum.

binky59
05-15-2011, 12:44 PM
Hi, I purchased two chinese 75rnd drums. I like the backloader because it's fast to load and you don't have the spring compressed when storing full. Had to do a little dremel job on the mag catch lug but they fit all three of my romys now and boy do they love to eat ammo. Make sure you have lots of ammo and a towel so you can wipe the grin off your face after dumping rounds down range!:fighter2:

Krupski
05-18-2011, 10:49 AM
I don't know the quality of the Romanian copy of the Chinese drum, but I prefer it to the load one at a time because they are great storage places. The spring is never under tension until you are ready to use it.

It is also a bunch easier to load versus the old thumb breaker.

I've got two of the "chinese" style drums and they suck. I can never seem to wind them up enough... the last 5 to 10 rounds fail to feed.

However, my Romy "thumb buster" drums are ALWAYS 100% reliable.

My solution to aching thumbs is... let my son load it! LOL!

Krupski
05-18-2011, 10:50 AM
i have a romy russian style drum & a chinese windup drum and i perfer the romy drum.

Same here. My Romy drums (the 75 round "angled" type) are 100% reliable. My Chinese "straight" type drums are not.

Schuetzenman
05-18-2011, 07:34 PM
I had one of each type, never had a problem out of either one; Chinese or Romanian. I still have a Chicom AR15 120 rounder that works flawlessly. Cost me $45 bucks back in the day.

sniper_n_training
05-18-2011, 07:49 PM
Like others here have said, the Romanian copy of the Chinese 75rd drum is pretty good. Mine has worked flawlessly with over 250+ rounds. Obviously, it doesn't get used too much with the cost of ammo, but its still a neat piece to bring out with a SBR'd AK!

http://www.gunsnet.net/photopost/data/500/medium/CIMG2358.JPG