View Full Version : Remnants Movie

recon
11-23-2010, 10:51 PM
Jan-2011
Solar Flares.
http://www.remnants-movie.com/v2/trailer1.html

Dr. Gonzo GED
11-23-2010, 11:11 PM
@ 2:20, look's like Red Dot optics still work... ;)

Would it really be armageddon? Or would you dig a well and become king of the blind?

Uncle Scary
11-24-2010, 02:06 AM
I've heard of cosmic radiation from solar flares knocking out communications satellites and interrupting power grids, but not affecting our personal electronic devices.

Throw your electronics into a gun safe or a steel ammo box. Either would make a suitable faraday cage to shield sensitive electronics. Of course, the electrical grid would probably not be supplying power anymore.

hawk1911
11-24-2010, 05:57 PM
Im liking the trailers so far.

macddesign
11-27-2010, 09:26 PM
looks pretty low buget as far as production quality but still may be a good movie.

L1A1Rocker
11-27-2010, 11:08 PM
3 hours warning. That may be enough time to pull the PCM and coil packs off your car and get them in a metal box.

raxar
11-27-2010, 11:26 PM
3 hours warning. That may be enough time to pull the PCM and coil packs off your car and get them in a metal box.

if not it would be more than enough time to wrap your head in tin foil, grab the 10/22 and start shooting at all the j00 helicopters

Helen Keller
11-28-2010, 07:22 AM
if not it would be more than enough time to wrap your head in tin foil, grab the 10/22 and start shooting at all the j00 helicopters

:laughingtohard::laughingtohard:

L1A1Rocker
11-28-2010, 05:51 PM
The writer/producer is posting here
http://www.whenshtf.com/showthread.php?34121-Remnants-Movie

They have not finished filming yet and are trying to get enough money to finish it.

L1A1Rocker
11-28-2010, 05:52 PM
Also, here is another trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVpKOb0NOyQ&fmt=22

hawk1911
11-28-2010, 06:19 PM
Side note, in watching the trailer you here the air raid sirens........ what ever happened to them. I remember when I was little (in the 80s) hearing them everyone in a while. It has been years since I have heard them. I guess it isnt needed since blacking out the city is of no use when a GPS guided missle can hit its target anyway.

hawk1911
11-28-2010, 06:20 PM
I wish there was an edit feature, that looks horrible. You know what I mean.

swampdragon
11-30-2010, 01:23 AM
We lived since the dawn of time without electricity just fine.
Funny how we've become so accustomed to it.

"My cell phone stopped working!"
"Quick! Let's kill the neighbors!"

:laughingtohard:

Uncle Scary
12-04-2010, 09:28 PM
We lived since the dawn of time without electricity just fine.
Funny how we've become so accustomed to it.

"My cell phone stopped working!"
"Quick! Let's kill the neighbors!"

:laughingtohard:

Never underestimate the power of fear. It's a stronger motivator than any other emotional state, and unfortunately it often brings out the worst in us.

swampdragon
12-05-2010, 02:08 AM
Never underestimate the power of fear. It's a stronger motivator than any other emotional state, and unfortunately it often brings out the worst in us.

I understand that.
Maybe I'm just missing the plot?
lol

Uncle Scary
12-05-2010, 05:16 PM
I understand that.
Maybe I'm just missing the plot?
lol

There is the concept of a land's "carrying capacity," or how many people the land could accommodate resource-wise under pre-industrial conditions. Technology allows us to grow more food on an acre of land, and thus it artificially increases the carrying capacity of the land. Without technology most regions of our nation would be extremely overpopulated. We rely on technology to grow food, transport and distribute food, pump water from a source, treat it, and pump it to our homes. Without all that, people would get hungry and thirsty very quickly, order would immediately break down, and it would be the rule of the jungle. After about a year or two under those conditions, our population would be reduced to the carrying capacity of the land. I'm sure that it would be a brutal ride that most of us would not survive.

recon
05-10-2011, 11:01 PM
Fall-2011
http://www.remnants-movie.com/index.html

Partisan1983
05-11-2011, 01:18 AM
I think it looks cool.

I'm so sick and tired of Hollyweird raping my childhood....

Schuetzenman
05-11-2011, 06:31 AM
Lots of AR15 rifles in action. Didn't see any AK models.

sevlex
05-11-2011, 10:40 AM
Synopsis reminds me of a grittier Jericho....and One Second After.

O.S.O.K.
05-11-2011, 08:32 PM
Probably the most realistic in terms of the cause of the pardigm shift. NASA has come out with a report warning of this possibility. Nothing "tin foil" about that.

And one can not argue about the effect of a massive solar storm and EMP's and the result this would have on our multitude of gadgets. And let's be real. 98% of folks would be completely unprepared for this.

Gage for yourself the psychological effect of this on the general populace.

recon
05-11-2011, 09:23 PM
I just saw this somewhere about the nasa warning! Just can't remember where.

O.S.O.K.
05-12-2011, 08:07 PM
http://www.gunsnet.net/showthread.php?8512-In-1859-every-electrical-was-fried.

recon
05-13-2011, 01:24 PM
The music from the trailer. Does anyone know it? It's very good

recon
05-21-2011, 08:50 AM
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1761956599/remnants-finishing-phase

recon
08-02-2011, 02:08 PM
New teaser.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prleTB2HwjI&feature=youtu.be

recon
10-18-2011, 10:14 PM
http://www.remnants-movie.com/

O.S.O.K.
10-19-2011, 09:24 AM
Looks like they got their funding...

And we haven't heard much about the solar flares lately... you'd think if it were a significant possibility that there would be an effort to make some contingency plans/preps - get people used to the idea and do a few common sense preps...

But then that would make too much sense... :dammit:

recon
12-11-2011, 11:36 PM
I asked for an update on the other site:

Nothing super exciting, unfortunately! We're just wrapping up the third iteration of the finished product. The third version has the full score, sound effects, colorization and some additional footage. This version should show well at festivals and with distributors. We have no news yet as far as distribution. The movie industry effectively shuts down from Thanksgiving to New Years, so we're somewhat on hold until January.

We're releasing some samples of the score on our facebook page. Other than that, not much news yet. I'll certainly let you know as we have something to celebrate!

- Travis

Partisan1983
12-12-2011, 12:09 AM
Thanks for the update Recon.

recon
06-30-2012, 10:25 PM
Got this from another site today.

From Remnants Facebook page:

Greetings Remnants fans! As many of you have already heard Remnants has been purchased and the final phases of the transaction are complete. Remnants was purchased by Reel Equity Funding LLC, an Atlanta based investment group focused on the film and entertainment industry, that specializes in acquiring and improving independent films to help them achieve the broadest possible distribution. While the membership of Reel Equity Funding does include Zeke Flatten (President of Afterlight Pictures), the entity is not owned by or officially associated with Afterlight Pictures. When Remnants is ready for distribution, Afterlight Pictures will be an obvious possibility for distribution but other larger companies will also be explored. In the meantime, our team is a separate entity that will be solely focused on this project for the remainder of this year. Needless to say, all of us on the team are very excited about the purchase and the future of this project.

First and foremost, we would like to congratulate David, Paul, Tim and Travis on the sale of Remnants. Most studies suggest less than 3% of independent films ever gain distribution, and an even smaller percentage see significant proceeds from their work. With their first project, this team has already beaten most odds through the sale of Remnants.

While we recognize that all of you are anxious to see Remnants available on store shelves and other distribution channels, most independent films are not ready for commercial distribution after the initial edit is complete. We obviously see tremendous value in the work done to date, which drove our interest in the project. Part of our strategy in the acquisition of Remnants, though, was to take advantage of several opportunities for improvement that will increase the marketability of the movie. Over the next few months we will be reviewing the current edit of the movie to improve the flow, format, audio and story. We feel strongly that these changes will result in a better product, and dramatically increase our opportunity for widespread distribution. Based on our planning to date, we anticipate Remnants will be available for release in late 2012.

Lastly, we would like to thank the cast, crew, volunteers and fans for the effort put in to Remnants. We are obviously excited about the results of your hard work, and are committed to gaining the largest distribution and visibility for the project you have all contributed to. Although we have officially taken over the Facebook page and the Remnants online presence, please be aware that much of the work ahead will be behind-the-scenes. While we probably won’t have the frequency of updates that you’re accustomed to, please be assured that work is underway.

Schuetzenman
07-01-2012, 08:41 AM
So it still isn't out. Bummer!

recon
07-01-2012, 08:59 AM
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_10_17/644455_December_update__Remnants_movie.html&page=18

JTHunter
07-02-2012, 09:52 PM
I've heard of cosmic radiation from solar flares knocking out communications satellites and interrupting power grids, but not affecting our personal electronic devices.

Throw your electronics into a gun safe or a steel ammo box. Either would make a suitable faraday cage to shield sensitive electronics. Of course, the electrical grid would probably not be supplying power anymore.

A steel safe, etc., is only a good Faraday cage IF the outside is grounded to a copper water pipe of ground rod, AND the electronics inside are isolated from the inside of the safe. The electronics can't touch any conductive metal inside.