PDA

View Full Version : Tooth paste!

aliceinchains
11-24-2010, 10:42 PM
For you guys that still have teeth. What brand tooth paste do you use.

Sidartha
11-24-2010, 10:54 PM
Colgate.
Total Whitening Gel.

Why are you asking this question?

TheMrMitch
11-24-2010, 10:57 PM
I am old but still use teeth paste.

Tx Dogblaster
11-24-2010, 11:03 PM
Tom's of Maine (no flouride)

Glad to contribute to what may be the most random thread I've seen in a while.

ltorlo64
11-24-2010, 11:45 PM
Tom's of Maine (no flouride)

Glad to contribute to what may be the most random thread I've seen in a while.

Because I am bored out of my mind on this ship, I too will contribute to a very random thread.

I use two types, Sensodyne in the mornings and Aquafresh at night.

cevulirn
11-25-2010, 12:03 AM
Rembrant canker sore prevention.

Kadmos
11-25-2010, 03:20 AM
The one that comes out in stripes

Aquafresh?

I have no idea why though, it's just what I have and keep getting...they all taste like crap, the choices seem to be between "way to minty" and "turtle wax scraped off the hood of a dusty car"

I'm guessing whatever else they tried to invent must have tasted worse "cold bacon and rancid peanut butter surprise"

I remember as a kid trying a tube of "holy crap my mouth is on fire" which I think was called either cinnamon or "old spice"

Mark Ducati
11-25-2010, 08:53 AM
FWIW,

IF a particular brand of toothpaste has the ADA seal of approval, all that means is that the company put a lot of money into testing the tooth past through clinical and lab trials to demonstrate that the fluoride in it can actually be taken up by the tooth to help prevent tooth decay.

Toothpastes that do not have the ADA seal of approval have not done so, that doesn't mean that their fluoride is less effective... just that they didn't spend the money to demonstrate so.

The manufacturers use different binding agents and fillers in the tooth paste to give it the "paste" consistency... some of these ingredients can combine with the fluoride rendering it not very effective.

Mark Ducati
11-25-2010, 08:57 AM
If you want to know what brand of tooth paste I personally use... its Ultradent, and it does not have the ADA approval. I use it because it is the most "minty" toothpaste out there... they changed the formula about 20 years ago though, I guess before it was too minty... the original stuff would burn your mouth like listerine they put so much peppermint into it.

Want to know why your particular dentist may recommend Colgate and the other Crest? How about the toothbrush they give you when you get your teeth cleaned?

I think one company IIRC is owned by Palmolive and the other is Proctor and Gamble... anyway, when you get your teeth cleaned at the dentist and they usually give you a toothbrush and a small tube of toothpaste... well the tooth brushes the dentist has to buy (dentists usually pick whichever company has the best price at the time) and the tooth paste samples are free if you buy enough of the toothbrushes.

Arnulf
11-25-2010, 09:08 AM
AIM Multi Benefit.

Gunner1558
11-25-2010, 09:18 AM
Toms of Maine w/fluoride.

Tough to get away from the fluoride, comes at you from every angle. I'm amazed that it isn't in Big Macs.

AKTexas
11-25-2010, 09:41 AM
I doubt the validity of many of you guys owning a toothbrush!

:laughingtohard:

Crest whitening expressions with cinnamon.

stevelyn
11-25-2010, 09:47 AM
Colgate Total Advanced Whitening.

recon
11-25-2010, 10:08 AM
Wow! A lot of free time there bud? :cigarsmoking:

Mark Ducati
11-25-2010, 12:04 PM
Did you know that the "toothbrush" was invented in Alabama?

If it were invented anywhere else, it would have been called a "teethbrush".... hahahaha.

Who here's from bammy?

Sidartha
11-25-2010, 12:27 PM
Did you know that the "toothbrush" was invented in Alabama?

If it were invented anywhere else, it would have been called a "teethbrush".... hahahaha.

Who here's from bammy?

Now that's funny right there. I don't care who you are.
:laughingtohard:

Sherman
11-25-2010, 02:30 PM
Aquafresh. Tried the rest and I kept going back to Aquafresh.

raxar
11-25-2010, 07:12 PM
I go with whatever happens to be cheap and

A: isn't made in China

B: isn't whitening (I afraid it will ruin my already crappy teeth)

NATIONALIST
11-25-2010, 10:29 PM
sensodyne pronamel

Broondog
11-25-2010, 10:54 PM
i use red clay dirt mixed with a little sand and made pliable/pasty with mineral spirits.

it works well on controlling tartar, and is made in the USA.

gewehr44
11-26-2010, 05:29 AM
I always used Crest until a couple years ago. I would occasionally have problems with teeth sensitivity & my dentist suggested I try Colgate. Since then, hardly any problems with sensitivity. I also use Sensodyne for a few days if I feel a little sensitivity coming on. I should note that my dentist gives away Colgate which made me curious about Mark's post:

Want to know why your particular dentist may recommend Colgate and the other Crest? How about the toothbrush they give you when you get your teeth cleaned?

I think one company IIRC is owned by Palmolive and the other is Proctor and Gamble... anyway, when you get your teeth cleaned at the dentist and they usually give you a toothbrush and a small tube of toothpaste... well the tooth brushes the dentist has to buy (dentists usually pick whichever company has the best price at the time) and the tooth paste samples are free if you buy enough of the toothbrushes.

So the dentists don't get any kind of kickback, just free toothpaste if they buy the brushes? Heh, I was expecting something more insidious.

swampdragon
11-26-2010, 02:26 PM
Crest Pro-Health and beer.

Hondo
11-26-2010, 06:56 PM
whatever is on sale

weevil
11-26-2010, 08:35 PM
Crest.

JTHunter
11-27-2010, 12:22 AM
Close-Up original red gel. The foam and grittiness in paste gags me.