PDA

View Full Version : Dumbest things you have seen at the range.

AKTexas
07-22-2010, 01:10 PM
I talked about a guy shooting .32 ACP in a .380.I looked and we did not keep the cases but we did keep the other cases he was using.This is the same guy he was shooting 9mm in a .380.You can see how the case bulges at the head.

http://i803.photobucket.com/albums/yy315/AKTexas1973/100_0147.jpg

http://i803.photobucket.com/albums/yy315/AKTexas1973/100_0149.jpg

Gunreference1
07-22-2010, 01:32 PM
http://www.norma.cc/assets/kaliberill/30-06spring.gif

.30-06 Springfield

http://www.norma.cc/assets/kaliberill/220swift.gif

.220 Swift

Some years ago I watched my father chamber a .220 Swift cartridge in a Browning BAR rifle that was actually chambered in .30-06. The .220 Swift cartridge feed from the detachable magazine and the bolt did close. When he pulled the trigger it was like he was shooting a BP muzzleloader. There was smoke and the bolt locked back. The empty case did eject but it had swelled at the neck and mouth. He has never made that mistake again.

Steve

cciota
07-22-2010, 02:08 PM
It wasn't at the range but it was at a concealed carry class.
The wife and I got a re concealed carry permit abput two years ago. We sat through the classroom stuff, took the written test and finally got to the practical part of the class, showing you know how to safely handle and fire your weapon. People went up two by two and shot from 3, 5 and 9 yards. The wife and I went up, she with her S&W .357 and me with my Beretta. No problems. A few couples after that, a girl got up to shoot with her I assume boyfriend. She had a brand new semi-auto in the box. Not quite sure what caliber it was. Something small. She had no clue how to load, handle or shoot the weapon. It looked as if she had never held a weapon before in her life. No clue what so ever. She ended up having the instructor show her the basics and passed the class. Now that was dumb.

shadow65
07-22-2010, 03:17 PM
My ex son in law who professed to being Marine Recon but couldn't figure out how to zero an AR 15.

bgummer
07-22-2010, 03:25 PM
Some gang banger types showing up with their TECs and no hearing protection. They foolishly set up next to me and my AR-15, and yes I noted that they failed to bring ear protection and waited till the time was ripe to fire :lool: Actually I was surprised they could hear the range master yelling at them for other range infractions after that.

mriddick
07-22-2010, 03:55 PM
I talked about a guy shooting .32 ACP in a .380.I looked and we did not keep the cases but we did keep the other cases he was using.This is the same guy he was shooting 9mm in a .380.You can see how the case bulges at the head.

http://i803.photobucket.com/albums/yy315/AKTexas1973/100_0147.jpg

http://i803.photobucket.com/albums/yy315/AKTexas1973/100_0149.jpgI hope you mean 380 in a 9mm, you'd have to use a hammer to get a 9x19 to close in a 380.

On a side note I've shot 380's out of a 9x18, my PA63 would shot either equally as reliably (that is 100%) although that's not much of a deal IMO.

Back to the topic... I've seen a guy take grandpa to the range, go out and place a target at 50 yds then stand 3 feet off to one side while grand pa shoots, the guy off to the side yelling back to gramps where he's hitting (seems gramps has bad vision and couldn't make out the target).

slamfire51
07-22-2010, 05:18 PM
The dumbest person/thing I've seen at the range was a guy showing how he could bump fire his FAL.
He did a grand job of bumping AND cutting an electrical line 1/2 mile downrange on someone else's property.
End result was a big grass fire and him being banned from the range.

swampdragon
07-22-2010, 05:46 PM
My ex son in law who professed to being Marine Recon but couldn't figure out how to zero an AR 15.

:roflmao:

Solidus-snake
07-22-2010, 05:57 PM
The dumbest person/thing I've seen at the range was a guy showing how he could bump fire his FAL.
He did a grand job of bumping AND cutting an electrical line 1/2 mile downrange on someone else's property.

Damn!!

old Grump
07-22-2010, 06:03 PM
Two young guys show up at range, one with his fathers 458 Magnum rifle with a HUGE scope on it. The gunner shoots twice offhand at 200 yards and is respectably close to the bucket laying on the berm but he has had enough.

Offers it to his buddy to shoot who immediately plops down on the bench next to me and crawls right up the stock. "You better back off a few inches or shoot that gun standing up." I suggest.

"Shut up you old fuck, I know what I'm doing."

A minute later I have to explain where the hospital is and no I didn't have any bandaids in my box. I had two but they weren't going to do him any good and I hope he got tetanus from that greasy rag he held on his head.

Dumber than that were the two guys who drove behind the 100 yard berm to scout out their hunting area while we were shooting a 45 match at Fort McCoy Wisconsin. Then they drove back the same way making us stop the match in the middle of a string. We stopped them for a butt chewing by a Warrant officer and a Major. They calmly explained to us that we were only shooting 45's and we couldn't have reached them a hundred yards away no matter how good we were. Don't know where they hunted that year but it wasn't Fort McCoy.

Then there was the rimfire match I was conducting at the range and this old guy who should have known better just drives out in front of us to the 200 yard berm and starts mining lead. Took me half an hour to convince him that he was interrupting a match and yes he was in danger from those little 22 bullets.

dfariswheel
07-22-2010, 06:16 PM
I personally didn't see this, but as a club official I heard a LOT about it.

One night a neighbor of our club called the president and reported that someone was shooting on the range.
Since there were no police night training classes scheduled the range was closed and the gate was locked.
The prez jumped in his truck and drove down.

He found a car parked outside the still locked gate and saw some people on the range.
After questioning, he found out these were two non-members who thought it would be Okay to use our range to sight in their brand new 338 Magnum rifles and scopes.
They were leaving at dawn for Colorado to go elk hunting and needed to insure the rifles were sighted in.
Since it WAS a rifle range, they saw no need to ask permission or join the club.

Thing is, when the prez arrived he saw one man shooting his new-unsighted .338 Magnum rifle at a sighting target at 50 yards, WHILE HIS BUDDY STOOD RIGHT BESIDE THE TARGET HOLDING A FLASHLIGHT ON THE BULLSEYE.

They were very non-understanding and rather belligerent until a sheriff's car arrived after the neighbor called them too.
Normally, fence jumpers were run off with a warning that they'd be prosecuted for trespassing if they ever came back, but due to the attitude these two didn't make the dawn patrol to Colorado, they had to post bond first. The Sheriff, who didn't have a range of his own and was very happy we gave them the use of our range free, also had a delay in returning their new .338 rifles.

slamfire51
07-22-2010, 06:21 PM
Entitlement.
I'm entitled to use a range, no matter what.
Geeze, the gall of some people.
Glad they were delayed going on their trip.

Prometheus168
07-22-2010, 06:39 PM
I have never fired on a public range.. however at a Calvert shoot I watched "and we allowed to happen" a guy shoot a .50 BMG offhand and with his eye to the scope... he had a NICE looking halfmoon bleed going... I bet he still has a scar!

Rusty

AKTexas
07-22-2010, 07:16 PM
I hope you mean 380 in a 9mm, you'd have to use a hammer to get a 9x19 to close in a 380.

On a side note I've shot 380's out of a 9x18, my PA63 would shot either equally as reliably (that is 100%) although that's not much of a deal IMO.

Back to the topic... I've seen a guy take grandpa to the range, go out and place a target at 50 yds then stand 3 feet off to one side while grand pa shoots, the guy off to the side yelling back to gramps where he's hitting (seems gramps has bad vision and couldn't make out the target).

Nope 9mm in a 380 those are 9mm cases.This was firing out of battery.

videodon
07-22-2010, 07:29 PM
Nope 9mm in a 380 those are 9mm cases.This was firing out of battery.

That's just scary!

hazmat
07-22-2010, 08:00 PM
Here's a pic of a range cleanup day out here in SD last month.

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f17/hazmat97/db43a162.jpg

What we had on the trailer:

A couple of shelves, enough parts to make about 7 computers, two computer monitors, two microwave ovens, 7 TV sets, 3 college text books, a bed, a sofa, part of a boat, part of a light bar from a local emgergency department, and enough bottles, cans, and paper to do God knows what all.

As far as stuff happening on a range? I'd have to say the co-worker that got his bell rung by a .41 Mag Blackhawk.

We'd planned this range trip 4 yrs ago to blow off some steam from the grind at the office. All this guy could talk about was shooting my Kimber Ultra Carry .45. When we walked up to the shooting line, I stood slightly behind and to his right and waited for him to get his Danny Glover from Lethal Weapon on. As soon as he was wholly absorbed in getting his first shot off, I thumbed back the hammer on a 175 gr PTHP and let it fly. I thought the guy would never come back to earth.

Another memorable moment was when a couple of kids (a guy and a gal) I used to work with failed to qualify on the M9. Neither had ever fired a handgun before and thought the Beretta kicked too much. So we headed out to the range with 100 rds of .40 S&W for each of them and a Ruger P94, along with said Blackhawk .41. I let them plink with the P94 and calmly waited for a break in the action to put some 210 gr Corbon down range. When I fired, the guy about dropped a load in his pants. He exclaimed the fireball that accompanied the chest thumping report from the Blackhawk had to've been 3 feet around and 5 feet long with eyes as big around as saucer dishes. After they finished with the .40 short & weak, I let them each put a couple of rounds through the .41 to show them that the Beretta didn't 'kick'. Strangely enough, they each fired expert the next time they went to qualify. Funny how that works, huh?

ubersoldate
07-22-2010, 08:06 PM
I dont shoot at ranges unless its a class or comp.

I used to go to public ranges and the first thing I look at is the ceiling over the line. If there is holes in it, then I know Im in the wrong place.

I like to shoot by myself in the desert.

HDR
07-22-2010, 09:26 PM

When he is online he probably brags he can bump as fast and accurately as a FA. LOL

sniper_n_training
07-22-2010, 10:38 PM
I like to shoot by myself in the desert. Couldnt have said it better myself.

As for the dumbest thing i've seen, it would go to the small group (3-5) of your typical mexican gangbangers at Ben Avery. They were shooting a Ruger P89, and a gun that looked IDENTICAL to the Tec9. The Tec9 look-alike couldnt get off more than 1 or 2 rounds without a jam, and after the range master had to tell them three times to handle and shoot their firearms safely/properly, they were thrown out. I guess randomly sweeping the Ruger pistol at each other while on cease-fire, or shooting the Tec9 look-alike sideways (gangster style yo) just was'nt the smartest thing.

AKTexas
07-22-2010, 10:44 PM
That's just scary!

The .32 cases were worse looking.Larger bulging case mouth had splits.

mriddick
07-23-2010, 02:54 PM
Couldnt have said it better myself.

As for the dumbest thing i've seen, it would go to the small group (3-5) of your typical mexican gangbangers at Ben Avery. They were shooting a Ruger P89, and a gun that looked IDENTICAL to the Tec9. The Tec9 look-alike couldnt get off more than 1 or 2 rounds without a jam, and after the range master had to tell them three times to handle and shoot their firearms safely/properly, they were thrown out. I guess randomly sweeping the Ruger pistol at each other while on cease-fire, or shooting the Tec9 look-alike sideways (gangster style yo) just was'nt the smartest thing.He had to tell them 3 times, you'd think once would of been enough...

Batwing
07-24-2010, 10:06 PM
He had to tell them 3 times, you'd think once would of been enough...

yup,I don't shoot at ranges either,I can do so on my own land,but if I was at a range and seen a buncha ganster dick fiddlers pointing guns ar each other ans "aiming" sideways ganstaa style there would not be a 2 nd time,they would be leaving right away

mustangpd
07-28-2010, 05:53 PM
I was attending a police firearms instructor course. The instructor told us of a guy who tried to shoot two 22 longs out of his .44 magnum.:confused:

Charliebravo
07-28-2010, 10:57 PM
I have two.

#1-Obvious 'gear queer' shows up at the indoor range with a HK91 that's been set up to look like a PSG-1 (he wasn't fooling me with that shit). He has what appears to be the Hubble Telescope mounted on top of the damned thing. He looks at my rifle, the old Marlin bolt-action .22 with iron sights that I got for my 11th birthday, and gets this smug look on his face. He breaks out his Federal Gold Match .308, loads up the rifle, and starts firing. Well, at 25 yards, his group is about 12". He then looks at my group, which is maybe an inch, at most, with my $50 rifle. He packs his shit and leaves.

#2-Same range. Obvious asshat guy is firing his S&W Sigma at about 5 yards, managing a less-than-respectable 2-foot group. I watch him for a second while inspecting his weapon from a distance. Once his mag's empty I offer advice. "Hey, Chief. I'm no expert, but I think you'd probably get tighter groups if youd get a gunsmith to install a front sight on that pistol". Seriously. He says "huh?, then starts inspecting the gun. He really had no idea that the pistol was missing the front sight.

Zygomatic
07-29-2010, 10:31 AM
One year, just before deer season, I saw some guys trying to sight in a Yugo SKS at a public range. They had a big shitty Tasco scope attached to the top of the rifle with a couple of radiator hose clamps. Didn't seem to be working out very well for them.

Just before deer season is when all the idiots come out of the woodwork.

Pikeman
07-29-2010, 11:05 PM
I have seen a roll of Life Savers and Bic lighters loaded into 12 gauges during tactical reloading drills.

slightly off topic. I saw a guy dutifully test his Taser. He removed the spare cartridge from the bottom ( would have worked if it were a pistol) and fire the loaded cartridge into his wall locker. My what big eyes he had!

ubersoldate
07-29-2010, 11:45 PM
Couldnt have said it better myself.

As for the dumbest thing i've seen, it would go to the small group (3-5) of your typical mexican gangbangers at Ben Avery. They were shooting a Ruger P89, and a gun that looked IDENTICAL to the Tec9. The Tec9 look-alike couldnt get off more than 1 or 2 rounds without a jam, and after the range master had to tell them three times to handle and shoot their firearms safely/properly, they were thrown out. I guess randomly sweeping the Ruger pistol at each other while on cease-fire, or shooting the Tec9 look-alike sideways (gangster style yo) just was'nt the smartest thing.

Thats brilliant minds think alike!
We are desert people, the rest of the country dont understand..

Hey man, the cd will be done on sunday!
Your names gonna be in the credits inside the cover.

And we are setting up some prescott, flagstaff shows!

raxar
07-30-2010, 06:26 PM
slightly off topic. I saw a guy dutifully test his Taser. He removed the spare cartridge from the bottom ( would have worked if it were a pistol) and fire the loaded cartridge into his wall locker. My what big eyes he had!

hence my aversion to magazine disconnect safeties.

Blacksmith
07-30-2010, 07:33 PM
I don’t like shooting at public ranges and with all the open country out here there is no since in it.
but one story that comes to mind is when I was in my early 20’s. me and a co worker were getting together at his house to head out to the desert to do some plinking. when I arrived at his house I brought my case with 3 handguns in with me. after looking at his toys he wanted to see what I had so I opened the case. His friend reached into the case, pulled out my Beretta and began dry firing it at the ceiling. The mag was inserted and he never bothered to check if it was loaded. The guy actually got pissed off when I refused to go shooting with him.

Antixx
08-02-2010, 11:36 AM
A few years ago right after I bought my M1A off of Makeway/stooperzero I was sitting at the local public range sighting it in when a couple of kids roll up in this beat up Honda civic with a krylon paintjob and the bass on the $20 walmart cd player turned waaaaay too far up. They get out and stroll up to the range with their pants around their knees like they were the baddest motherfuckers this side of harlem (white as the driven snow mind you) one whips out this tiny chrome piece of shit that screamed Bryco even from where I was sitting and points it down range no hearing or eye protection at all and pulls the trigger. He gets two shots off and it jams... Wouldn't you know it he points the gun at his own fucking head to look down the barrel and see what's wrong. The old guy acting as range officer whilst I was there covered 30 yards in the blink of an eye to chew them out.:rotflmbao:

fostech
03-08-2012, 06:30 PM
Seen it several time with 9mm in 40s

Bluntforce
03-09-2012, 07:54 AM
Not at a range but in the front yard here (I live in the country) my brother's idiot daughter pointed a shotgun at his head while she was looking down at the trigger or something and he was looking down fiddling with a pistol.

I don't let them come out here anymore.

Helen Keller
03-09-2012, 05:37 PM
I jumped all over the guy I go shooting with the other day.

There was a guy downrange putting up his target, so dumb dumb picks up his new AR and points it downrange, One of the biggest mistakes.

"What the fuck are you doing? "

"Oh, chill out it's not loaded"

"You think you're so fucking smart , too smart to regard safety. you dont touch shit if somebodies downrange"

bout to just start shooting by myself.

jojo
11-22-2012, 10:33 AM
Saw a group of guys ogling a new Springfield "loaded" packaged M1A NM at a range outside Ft. Stewart, Ga in 2002. The owner was bore sighting the scope on it and I heard a very unusual report when he fired it. I looked over and a crowd was gathering around to see that he forgot to remove the collet for the bore sighter from the barrel and the barrel looked like the obligatory Elmer Fud egg scrambler on a cartoon. 1 round and he completely destroyed the barrel. I really felt bad for the gent.

silentkilla
11-22-2012, 10:45 AM
I have seen a roll of Life Savers and Bic lighters loaded into 12 gauges during tactical reloading drills.

lol!!!! lmao!!!! my god how i would have liked to see that!!!!lol

Diesel
11-22-2012, 10:46 AM
Saw a group of guys ogling a new Springfield "loaded" packaged M1A NM at a range outside Ft. Stewart, Ga in 2002. The owner was bore sighting the scope on it and I heard a very unusual report when he fired it. I looked over and a crowd was gathering around to see that he forgot to remove the collet for the bore sighter from the barrel and the barrel looked like the obligatory Elmer Fud egg scrambler on a cartoon. 1 round and he completely destroyed the barrel. I really felt bad for the gent.

Why? Mistakes are not allowable/acceptable with firearms...pay attention and keep count of your rounds, at home, on the range...or in a fight!

Diesel 88888888

:coffee:

silentkilla
11-22-2012, 10:54 AM
Why? Mistakes are not allowable/acceptable with firearms...pay attention and keep count of your rounds, at home, on the range...or in a fight!

Diesel 88888888

:coffee:

true! he should have known, he was the one bore sighting the damn gun in the first place, live and learn or get killed.

silentkilla
11-22-2012, 10:13 PM
Damn!!

son of a bitch!!!!!! lol hahahahahahaha

shorthair
11-23-2012, 06:55 AM
I was at Williams Gun Site to buy some stuff and asked to see the range. Sure he says right out that door. I walk out and see some people down range at their target and a black woman practicing loading and unloading her rifle. I went back in and notified the staff as I was walking out the door and you should have seen that guy running out the range door as I left.

ltorlo64
11-23-2012, 07:46 AM

This is the reason I have never gotten a laser bore sighter. It just scares me to put anything in the barrel besides a bullet or a cleaning device.

ltorlo64
11-23-2012, 09:32 AM
Took my daugther to the local range about 2 months ago. On the lane next to us was a older father/daughter combination. He was in his 60s and she in her late 20s to early 30s. The range we were at has mechanical target positioners on a pulley system and the guy two over from us had his pulley get stuck. The Range Officer came out and when we had each finished the magazine we were on, he had us verify our weapons were clear and step back behind the line on the floor designating where the safe are is. He told us to stay behind the line while he went down range to fix the target pulley, about 50 yards away. The RO went down range and I could see the father next to me getting real nervous, he would step to the line, and then back, and then step just an inch over the line, and then back. Then he just walked up to the table and picked up his weapon and started to mess with the slide, then he put it down. His daughter was telling him to step back but he would not listen. I watched him and made sure he did not pick up any ammo (I had watched him verify the weapon clear with the RO). I am not sure what he was doing with that pistol, but he was very intent. The RO came back and looked at the father. When he did the father sheepishly put the weapon back on the table and started appologizing and trying to explain what he was doing, which made no sense. Up to that point I had thought about letting the guy shoot my 1911 as he kept telling his daughter how much he wanted to shoot one. Instead, my daughter and I packed up our weapons and decided we were done for the day.

ltorlo64
11-23-2012, 09:35 AM
At another range, we were shooting and the people on the line I was firing at decided it was time to check targets. We called the range cold and I turned on the range cold lights. I started across the range to my target and I hear the RO call out again that the line is cold. I turned around and he had turned off the range cold lights with me and another guy in the middle of the range, rechecked all weapons clear and then reset the range to cold. I didn't stay at that range any longer either.

5.56NATO
11-25-2012, 06:55 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qth1k962_9A

slamfire51
11-25-2012, 07:20 PM
God help him if during a SHTF situation, something worse happens. Passing out is not good. LOL

FunkyPertwee
11-25-2012, 07:20 PM
Not in a range but in a shop, I ask the man behind the counter to show me the shotgun leaning on the wall behind all the others. It stood out to me because of its classic styling and wood stock set on a combat shotgun, when all the others were run of the mill black polymer. He hands it to me, I check the weapon and exclaim "this is loaded". The man actually argued with me that the gun isn't loaded, because loaded guns aren't kept near the gun rack. So I start unloading shells from the loading port (a mossberg trick) in front of him and after about the third shell another employee runs over and asks me to hand over the weapon. The first employee got chewed out and I never saw him working there again.

goldsbu
11-26-2012, 01:14 AM
Had a tyro with a 44 mag trying to shot 41 mag rounds out of it. He didn't believe me when I told him bulging and split cases were not the norm for handguns. Had to use a cleaning rod to get the last set of cases out. Told him to have a gunsmith check out the cylinder since there was come worrisome scorch marks in the chambers. only went through 30 rounds before Rambo figured there was a problem.

L1A1Rocker
11-26-2012, 01:52 AM
So I start unloading shells from the loading port (a mossberg trick)

Please share this trick.

ltorlo64
11-26-2012, 08:54 AM
Had a tyro with a 44 mag trying to shot 41 mag rounds out of it. He didn't believe me when I told him bulging and split cases were not the norm for handguns. Had to use a cleaning rod to get the last set of cases out. Told him to have a gunsmith check out the cylinder since there was come worrisome scorch marks in the chambers. only went through 30 rounds before Rambo figured there was a problem.

Only 30 rounds? Smart fella.

AK-J
11-26-2012, 11:27 AM
Please share this trick.

If you press down on the bar of the cartridge stop (the thing that holds the shells in to the tube) it will move out of the way to allow a shell to come out of the loading port.

slamfire51
11-26-2012, 12:33 PM
A guy (school idiot) I went to school with bought a new Ruger Super Blackhawk. He also bought a RCBS reloading outfit at the same time.

About a week later, he brought the Ruger back to the gun shop where I hung out after work. THREE of the cylinders and the top strap were missing. Everyone there was clueless how a Super Blackhawk could be destroyed. He said it blew up after the 3rd round.

We asked what charges he was using to reload, and he said, "I dipped the cases in Bullseye and seated the bullet." We all looked at him, shook our heads, and told him he's lucky he didn't lose a body part. Idiots, like drunks, never get hurt.

Schuetzenman
11-26-2012, 07:25 PM
I had a similar not at the range thing to Funkyp. I was a dealer for many years and did gun shows. i was in at the Raleigh, NC fair grounds show one morning walking around before they let the civilians in and spied an SLR95 on a dealers table. It had the 5 shot Bulgarian waffle mag in the weapon. I asked about it and was told it was a consignment sale for a customer of his. I asked if I could take a look and he said "Sure". I pull the bolt back and look in only to see Russian HP rounds visible through the opening. I asked him to reach over and remove the mag while I held the bolt back as the weapon was loaded. He moved quickly! I saved his ass as if the show operator's personnel had found it or a customer had found it he would of been escorted out of the shows and banned for life.

Dr. Gonzo GED
11-26-2012, 07:37 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qth1k962_9A
What the hell does he mean "My thumb was in front of the muzzle, common accident, these things happen..."?

Am I alone in being somewhat disturbed by not only the host downplaying a serious incident of negligence, but also the show's producers enabling el doucher's stupidity by playing along?

The guy shot his own thumb off. Not in a high stress situation. Not while fighting for his life. But while standing at the ferking firing line on a perfect effing day!!!!!! IIRC, every new firearm I've ever purchased came with a short list of simple rules that if followed to the letter, completely eliminate any chance of this from happening.

Ima call BULLSHIT on this doomsday prepper. Dude should have spent his snub nose money on water filters and dehydrated peas... what an effing moron...

FunkyPertwee
11-26-2012, 08:21 PM
What the hell does he mean "My thumb was in front of the muzzle, common accident, these things happen..."?

Am I alone in being somewhat disturbed by not only the host downplaying a serious incident of negligence, but also the show's producers enabling el doucher's stupidity by playing along?

The guy shot his own thumb off. Not in a high stress situation. Not while fighting for his life. But while standing at the ferking firing line on a perfect effing day!!!!!! IIRC, every new firearm I've ever purchased came with a short list of simple rules that if followed to the letter, completely eliminate any chance of this from happening.

Ima call BULLSHIT on this doomsday prepper. Dude should have spent his snub nose money on water filters and dehydrated peas... what an effing moron...

He was definitely trying to pass off a negligent discharge as a mechanical malfunction.

Anyone watching that show who doesn't know about guns and takes the shows producers seriously must think its really dangerous to own firearms now.

Dr. Gonzo GED
11-26-2012, 09:11 PM
He was definitely trying to pass off a negligent discharge as a mechanical malfunction.

Anyone watching that show who doesn't know about guns and takes the shows producers seriously must think its really dangerous to own firearms now.
Maybe he should have included a "firearms safety course" in his doomsday prep. ;)

FunkyPertwee
11-26-2012, 09:23 PM
Maybe he should have included a "firearms safety course" in his doomsday prep. ;)

Probably so.

I'm convinced that the purpose of those shows is to paint those interested in preparedness as emotionally distraught idiots.

I was flipping through channels the other day (a rare event) and stopped on it cause some big legged woman was exercising. Then it turns out shes a "prepper", and she "trains" by hiking around the populated city with here terribly rigged hiking gear on, about to pass out from exhaustion and probably pinch a nerve with her completely asymmetrical packing method.

I'm staring to think that "prepper" is a term used to described survivalists with emotional or mental disabilities.

TEN-32
11-26-2012, 10:01 PM
I once observed a female officer use 3M adhesive spray (used for targets) on her weapon thinking it was CLP. :dizzy:

hazmat
11-26-2012, 11:35 PM
Just last week during quals for the M9, we had a newer female shooter trying to qual on the 9 for duty. By the end of the first 15 rd mag, the RSO/Tower Officer was getting agitated. By the end of the 2nd, she was gone from the range. Her problem?

Trying to hold a Beretta M9 like a rifle. Meaning, she was using her support hand to hold the pistol like you would a rifle: bracing the forward end of the pistol in the palm of her support hand. How she didn't blow off at least one or more digits doing that, I'll never know.

1 Patriot-of-many
11-27-2012, 04:13 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qth1k962_9A One of those malfunctions where the hand goes in front of the barrel????? Holy shikes talk about lame.

5.56NATO
11-28-2012, 04:17 PM
One of those malfunctions where the hand goes in front of the barrel????? Holy shikes talk about lame.

I'm guessing he had excess thumbs and could stand to lose one. You know, common accident. those things happen.

AKTexas
11-28-2012, 06:30 PM
Recently drop legs holsters, load bearing vest and drag bags. Oh yeah Springfield Soccom with one of those chassis systems...very dumb shit going on.

FunkyPertwee
11-28-2012, 06:51 PM
Recently drop legs holsters, load bearing vest and drag bags. Oh yeah Springfield Soccom with one of those chassis systems...very dumb shit going on.

Whats wrong with drop leg holsters and LBE?

AKTexas
11-28-2012, 10:29 PM
Whats wrong with drop leg holsters and LBE?

Nothing really, they have a purpose but not at the range where the gear is useless. The range I shoot at does not have ranges for the tactical crowd.

5.56NATO
11-29-2012, 01:32 PM
I prefer the thigh holsters over belt holsters. They do, however, become problematic for ccw.

davepool
11-30-2012, 07:41 PM
I was at the table next to a couple women who were shooting their brand new S&W Sigma. After i showed them how to load a magazine ( should have been my first clue to leave) she got off about 6 shots when it stove piped an empty case, she stood there pulling the trigger over and over trying to get it to fire, i was about to interrupt her and explain things when she pointed the loaded pistol at her face to see what the problem was, i ducked for cover as the range officer ran up and took her and her gun off the firing line.

She and her friend returned,after a short 30 min safety lecture,spent about 10 min loading another mag and on the 5th or 6th shot put a round through the metal canopy over the shooting tables.

That was when me and four other shooters bitched out the range officer for letting her back on the range and demanded she leave. Ben Avery is one of the safest public ranges in the country, but every now and then they let an idiot slip by.

Pikeman
11-30-2012, 09:23 PM
I prefer the thigh holsters over belt holsters. They do, however, become problematic for ccw. not if you wear a kilt!

5.56NATO
12-03-2012, 02:54 PM
not if you wear a kilt!

See now if more ccw folks wore kilts it'd be ok since all the cool kids are doing it.

ltorlo64
12-03-2012, 03:27 PM
See now if more ccw folks wore kilts it'd be ok since all the cool kids are doing it.

A kilt by any other name is just a guy in a short skirt.

slamfire51
12-03-2012, 04:36 PM
To wear a kilt in the traditional way, you wear NOTHING under it.
So grabbing the 'correct ' gun could be problematic. :dizzy: