PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a Polish P-64? Need opinions.

HammerHead
07-22-2010, 02:21 PM
Now that the Polish P-64 has been added to the C&R list, I've been thinking about picking up one or more of these little pistols. Looks like you can get them for under $200 shipped. Anybody got one of these? If so, what do you think about them? Should I grab a couple of these, or just continue buying CZ-82s?
:think:

Blacksmith
07-22-2010, 02:32 PM
I have two of them. The first thing you are going to notice is the trigger pull. It's double action but until you get the springs broken in, it's next to impossible to cock it with the trigger. It does correct itself after a few hundred rounds, but it will never be smooth. It’s a well built pistol and fun to shoot. but not something I would want to be caught in a firefight with.

mriddick
07-22-2010, 03:49 PM
The DA trigger pull is amongst the worst ever on a pistol. It's an old design that was pretty piss poor when it was new, for a few bucks more you can do much better IMO.

rgmcl
07-22-2010, 09:37 PM
Double action trigger pull is bad but for quick single handed defensive shooting it does better than any other CCW that "I" own at 5-7yds. plus it's easy to conceal.

O.S.O.K.
07-23-2010, 09:15 AM
If you don't have a Tokarev, I'd suggest a Yugo M57 Tok instead. And get some Rommie ammo for it - 80's production and cheap!