PDA

View Full Version : Would Melding the Political and Other Issues Forum Into General Discussion Help...

American Rage
07-22-2010, 04:04 PM
board interest and viewing traffic?

Seems a little boring without something to get mad about, and I hate going back and forth on the same website to get my news.

Anybody else? Admin ever think about it?

Rage

swampdragon
07-22-2010, 04:09 PM

Seems a little boring without something to get mad about, and I hate going back and forth on the same website to get my news.

Rage

I kinda liked it better when more was in GD too.
I'm with ya.

American Rage
07-22-2010, 05:39 PM
any others for or against?

rage

sevlex
07-22-2010, 06:28 PM
Let's do it and see what happens. If later on, it seems we need a separate forum then we can undo it.

HDR
07-22-2010, 06:31 PM
Nothing can help the political issues except elections or impeachments.

American Rage
07-22-2010, 06:41 PM
Nothing can help the political issues except elections or impeachments.

Yeah, but it might help creat traffic if there were more to discuss.

And welcome home, HDR.

Rage

American Rage
07-25-2010, 09:50 AM
Bump for returning fishermen to read and think about.

Rage;)

Lysander
07-25-2010, 10:48 AM
I kinda liked it better when more was in GD too.
I'm with ya.

Spreading out across a hundred different forums didn't work last time and won't work now. I know everyone wants their own 308, C&R, Rimfire, Black Rifle, AK Variant, and Little dog forum, but until we have 10,000 active members, it doesn't make a helluva lotta sense. It's hard to develop a sense of "Community" when you're one of two people posting in a particular forum.

KISS isn't that arcane of an art.

HDR
07-25-2010, 10:55 AM

Rage

I've been involved with the "Armed citizen patrols of southern border........" :gum: and haven't gotten to enjoy yakking my buns off....

:lmao3:

El Jefe
07-25-2010, 10:55 AM
Combine them.

HDR
07-25-2010, 11:03 AM
Combine them.

Why, as GD is usually where all that is posted anyhow.. ;)

We had a terrorism forum for years; I used to post lots of articles there with less responses than if I posted the same article here. Don't shake your head, I actually did it a few times, LOL. Seriously, it is the community which makes or breaks any forum. It always has been and will be.

El Jefe
07-25-2010, 11:07 AM
Why, as GD is usually where all that is posted anyhow.. ;)

We had a terrorism forum for years; I used to post lots of articles there with less responses than if I posted the same article here. Don't shake your head, I actually did it a few times, LOL. Seriously, it is the community which makes or breaks any forum. It always has been and will be.

My only thought on it, and you touch on the point, is that the periphery boards get ignored and good topics die on the vine. Hence my comment, combine them with the general forum.

HDR
07-25-2010, 12:09 PM
My only thought on it, and you touch on the point, is that the periphery boards get ignored and good topics die on the vine. Hence my comment, combine them with the general forum.

I agree.

The bad side is they sink so fast here. Once I wanted see what someone said so after I got off work I found what they said on page three.. That doesn't sound bad; until I add "found" was on page 3 or 4 of GD's thread history; not page 3 or 4 of the thread. lol

El Jefe
07-25-2010, 12:12 PM
I agree.

The bad side is they sink so fast here. Once I wanted see what someone said so after I got off work I found what they said on page three.. That doesn't sound bad; until I add "found" was on page 3 or 4 of GD's thread history; not page 3 or 4 of the thread. lol

Good and bad with everything I suppose. Hell, even a cold beer will get warm if you don't tend to it. :)

American Rage
07-25-2010, 01:36 PM
I just thought the topics would do better if in an area of the board that gets more traffic.

This would do several things in my mind.

1. Educate board members as to what is going on in the world.

2. Give a sounding board for those for and or against.

3. Increase interest and the board traffic that would come along with that interest.

4. One of the things I enjoyed most about Gunsnet has been the freedom of speach they grant to all members. Politics being what they are, many will and have done just that. More importantly, these issues in my mind are the most important things going on in the world today. For that reason alone, I'd like to see them melded into Gen. Disscussion. In my eyes, the stakes are too high for America for the subjects not to be part of Gen Disscussion. My opinion only.

5. On the side, what happened to that feature on the old board where I could go to a list of all the threads I'd posted on? That was the handiest feature I've ever seen on any board ever!

Rage