PDA

View Full Version : Here come the hollow point scare tactics... again

bgummer
11-27-2010, 11:59 AM
Some Hollywood mogul type gets offed, probably for making another crappy movie ;) so it must be time to beat the drum for banning defense and hunting ammo once more...

http://www.cnn.com/2010/SHOWBIZ/celebrity.news.gossip/11/26/publicist.killed/index.html

Hollywood publicist's killer used hollow-point bullet, report says
By Alan Duke, CNN
November 26, 2010 6:39 p.m. EST
Ronni Chasen, 64, died from gunshots fired into her Mercedes-Benz.
Ronni Chasen, 64, died from gunshots fired into her Mercedes-Benz.
STORY HIGHLIGHTS

* A leaked coroner's report estimates 4 shots were fired from another vehicle
* Ronni Chasen's wounds were to her chest and shoulders, the document says
* The full autopsy is expected to be released next week

RELATED TOPICS

* Murder and Homicide
* Beverly Hills
* Academy Awards

Los Angeles, California (CNN) -- Hollywood publicist Ronni Chasen's killer fired at least four shots into her car, including at least one hollow-point bullet, in last week's Beverly Hills attack, according to a leaked coroner's report.

Although the three-page report has not been made public, Los Angeles County coroner spokesman Brian Elias confirmed to CNN that a document shown in a local newscast appeared to be authentic.

The document was written by investigators on the first day of the investigation to help the doctor who would perform the autopsy the next day, Elias said. The full autopsy report is expected to be released next week, he said.

Chasen, 64, died from gunshots fired into her Mercedes-Benz as she turned off Sunset Boulevard on her way home from a star-studded premiere celebration for the movie "Burlesque" in the early morning of November 16.

The mysterious murder in a posh Beverly Hills neighborhood not only stunned her friends, but also sent fear through the exclusive community.

"One bullet was recovered from her back while at the hospital and is possibly from a 9 mm hollow point," according to the document shown on Los Angeles television station KTTV.

Hollow-point bullets are controversial because the slug is designed to expand after it enters a body, causing greater damage to tissue than a solid bullet.

The report included details previously disclosed by police, including the belief Chasen was shot while she was stopped at a red light at the intersection of Sunset Boulevard and Whittier Drive. "An unknown vehicle pulled up and someone fired approximately four rounds into her vehicle," it said.

"After being struck by gunfire ... she then made a left turn and drove for approximately a quarter mile before she crashed her car into a pole," the report said.

Chasen was pronounced dead at Cedars-Sinai hospital 45 minutes after the shooting, the report said.

FunkyPertwee
11-27-2010, 12:34 PM
I hope they never find out how deadly FMJ and wad-cutters are. Then we'll be stuck with wooden bullets.

alismith
11-27-2010, 01:57 PM
I hope they never find out how deadly FMJ and wad-cutters are. Then we'll be stuck with wooden bullets.

I have to disagree with you here. Everyone knows that her body could have taken 50-60 hits with FMJ or wad-cutters will little effect. FMJ's are useless as far as killing people. Wars wouldn't last anywhere near as long if they used hollow points. With a hollow point, one hit, one dead. With FMJ's you have to hit them numerous times. That's why machine guns were invented...to make up, by sheer quantity, what the bullet lacks in quality.

No child is safe as long as hollow points are in the hands of responsible gun owners. Heaven forbid that a criminal gets hold of some. There'd be no gun crimes if hollow points were outlawed.

Those leftist journalists are right on this one. :thumbsup:

Krupski
11-27-2010, 07:09 PM
I have to disagree with you here. Everyone knows that her body could have taken 50-60 hits with FMJ or wad-cutters will little effect. FMJ's are useless as far as killing people. Wars wouldn't last anywhere near as long if they used hollow points. With a hollow point, one hit, one dead. With FMJ's you have to hit them numerous times. That's why machine guns were invented...to make up, by sheer quantity, what the bullet lacks in quality.

No child is safe as long as hollow points are in the hands of responsible gun owners. Heaven forbid that a criminal gets hold of some. There'd be no gun crimes if hollow points were outlawed.

Ever try this:

http://three-dog.homelinux.com/whoop-ass-45.jpg

Actually... it's not all that dramatic against a soft target (like a pumpkin), but it's wicked cool against a steel plate! :)

justinsaneok
11-27-2010, 07:53 PM
Ever try this:

http://three-dog.homelinux.com/whoop-ass-45.jpg

Actually... it's not all that dramatic against a soft target (like a pumpkin), but it's wicked cool against a steel plate! :)

LOL when I was a kid I loaded arrow shafts with BP and put 22lr in the end without a bullet and shot a 55 gallon drum with a gallon of old gas in it. Sweet!

1 Patriot-of-many
11-27-2010, 11:05 PM

Man you are spot on!!! How can these dumbasses on this site allow this kinda carnage with hollow points to sit fine with them?

1 Patriot-of-many
11-27-2010, 11:08 PM
I always use FMJ myself cause I don't want to kill people attacking me or breaking into my house, I only want to scare them or hurt them. FMJ and BBguns, they should be the only allowable defense rounds cause they do about the same damage to the body.