PDA

View Full Version : Tell me, WHY Is these WIKILEAKS bastards NOT IN PRISON?

tank_monkey
11-28-2010, 02:52 PM
I've heard that their crap will endanger and probably cost the lives of HUNDREDS of Americans or foreign ops/allies overseas. WTF? People used to be executed when they pulled this crap back in the old days.

samiam
11-28-2010, 03:04 PM
If our government wasn't so dishonest and deceitful things like this wouldn't be embarassing to them

alismith
11-28-2010, 03:15 PM
A better question would be, "Why are these idiots still alive?" An "accident" should have happened to them already.

tank_monkey
11-28-2010, 03:32 PM
If our government wasn't so dishonest and deceitful things like this wouldn't be embarassing to them
Huh? You're an idiot.

tank_monkey
11-28-2010, 03:34 PM
A better question would be, "Why are these idiots still alive?" An "accident" should have happened to them already.
Yes, my thoughts exactly. Have you seen that weasley Brit Assuage or as I call him "Ass sausage"? What a fucking weasel. A lot of these cables are also taken out of context and seem to be out there only to damage the reputation of the U.S. they shed NO LIGHT on anything other than to make us look bad. No real secrets except I pretty angry that Chinese operatives in CHINA will probably now be executed now that their covers have been blown. Way to go guys. NO ONE will help out the U.S. any more if NOTHING you do can be a secret......

samiam
11-28-2010, 03:42 PM
Huh? You're an idiot.

Have you even bothered to read any of them? I found it disturbing that our "great ally" Israel cut a deal with Russia that in exchange for the cancellation of S-300 missle sale to Iran and a BILLION dollars they would provide the Russians with information on our drone technology. I see this as a good thing, we the people have the right to know who our friends really are. That way we can force our government to clean itself up.

Kadmos
11-28-2010, 03:56 PM
Ahh, the good old days, when the king could just have you beheaded if he didn't like every word you said, didn't like your religion, or thought your outfit that day clashed with his.

Really?

I'm not so much thinking those were the good old days.

You really think we should be executing reporters because the government doesn't like what they are saying?

matshock
11-28-2010, 03:56 PM
Yeah, because none of the leaked memos are lies or plausibly deniable.

My problem is that if they are leaking memos naming names of our people in the field (or memos lying about who our people are in the field), Wikileaks will potentially helping kill innocent people.

If that happens we should give the euro-courts a chance to put him away if not it's freak accident time. Or just roast him from orbit while he's sipping latte' and say it was spontaneous human combustion while giggling.

Syph
11-28-2010, 04:36 PM
Yes, my thoughts exactly. Have you seen that weasley Brit Assuage or as I call him "Ass sausage"?

He's Australian. Dare I put you in the same boat as Obama? Both of you seem ignorant of the British.

ltorlo64
11-28-2010, 04:59 PM

The general population does not need to know, nor should they know what is in these communications. I am not saying that there should not be oversight, but that is what we pay Congress to do. Granted, they are to busy circumventing the constitution to do this well, but that is one of their jobs. Most people don't have the time to read these things in context to understand what is really being said. We need to be told the truth, but most of us, to borrow a phrase from a movie, can't handle the whole truth.

Think of it like this, your 5 year old asks you where babies come from. Do you tell them everything you know about sex, or do you tell them what they can understand? I have to do this everyday, as do most of us. We tell people what they need to know so that they can get their job done.

There is no real purpose, and the WIKILEAKS guy has admitted this, to the publication of these documents except to make the US look bad.

Solidus-snake
11-28-2010, 05:08 PM
If the leaking of information to the general public has the chance of causing a member of covert ops done by our government to be put at risk, then it should be hushed up quick.

I.E This N Korea thing goes AWOL, and the U.S sends in a covert team to take out the insane bastard in charge, oh but lookie here, while over there Wikileaks exposes their operation. The teams is tortured and killed, and war begins thanks to these asshats.

There are MANY times in history where covert operations have made a huge difference. Imagine if they were all exposed?

samiam
11-28-2010, 05:34 PM
these leaks are all from the Dept of State, not Defense, so if State is running black ops you can be certain the brass button boys in the 5 sided squirrel cage will be most upset about intrusion on their exclusive turf

tank_monkey
11-28-2010, 05:57 PM
He's Australian. Dare I put you in the same boat as Obama? Both of you seem ignorant of the British.

Nope, I realized that typo as soon as I did it, but OUR ESTEEMED MODS don't let us edit our posts.... remember? So I said Fuck it. Some dude will point it out anyway.

dfariswheel
11-28-2010, 07:09 PM
Tell me, WHY Is these WIKILEAKS bastards NOT IN PRISON?

Because they're not American citizens and are not in the United States.
For those reasons, they're not subject to US law.

Even if they were, just like the Pentagon Papers of Vietnam War days, they'd be protected by the First Amendment.

DeadPool
11-29-2010, 07:14 AM
Ahh, the good old days, when the king could just have you beheaded if he didn't like every word you said, didn't like your religion, or thought your outfit that day clashed with his.

Really?

I'm not so much thinking those were the good old days.

You really think we should be executing reporters because the government doesn't like what they are saying?

Your such a left wing shit head troll that no one even pays attention any more. Dont worry, I will. Shit head.

stevelyn
11-29-2010, 09:03 AM

That's pretty much how i see it. Besides they should be a little more careful with their dirty little secrets.

AK-J
11-29-2010, 12:14 PM
I'm starting to think it isn't beyond the realm of possibility that some of the leaks are coming from members of the Obama administration.

Goodman
11-29-2010, 01:02 PM
You're pretty naive aren't you?
Here is the thing: the world is a dirty, ugly place and despite what some self-important, self-appointed clown would have you believe the USA is one of the good guys.
You wouldn't practice medicine without education and a license would you? Why not?
The same goes for diplomacy.
There is too much at stake to let armchair quarterbacks call the plays.

cciota
11-29-2010, 01:14 PM
I'm starting to think it isn't beyond the realm of possibility that some of the leaks are coming from members of the Obama administration.

And who is the head of the State Department?

samiam
11-29-2010, 01:20 PM
There is too much at stake to let armchair quarterbacks call the plays.

You're right, we should just not give a shit and leave it in the capable hands of the "professionals", after all they know what's best for us.

tank_monkey
11-29-2010, 01:54 PM
You're right, we should just not give a shit and leave it in the capable hands of the "professionals", after all they know what's best for us.

The words of an incredibly unsophisticated mentality, content in thinking that the world runs on very simple rules. You show all the insight that a child might over this.

Candid assessments ALONE of other people (like some of the insulting commentary we made about other worlds leaders) should NOT be published out there all over the place. If you don't think we should have ANY SECRETS at all, especially concerning our war on terror or foreign assets who are HELPING US with covert intel, then you need to have your head examined.

Dr. Gonzo GED
11-29-2010, 02:06 PM
Have you even bothered to read any of them? I found it disturbing that our "great ally" Israel cut a deal with Russia that in exchange for the cancellation of S-300 missle sale to Iran and a BILLION dollars they would provide the Russians with information on our drone technology. I see this as a good thing, we the people have the right to know who our friends really are. That way we can force our government to clean itself up.
Yeah. Governments do busisness togeather. Especially arms business, seeing as how force of arms is how governments stay in power. THe thing with Russian and Isreal is an prime example of fighting without fighting. Iran is stymied by Israels deelings with Russia. Israels citizens remain safe from Iranian missiles, and Iran looses an ally in Russia, and Russia gets som technology that was already 20 years old, or we wouldn't have sold it to anybody in the first place. No shots fired, enemy weakend, match goes to the civilised world. That's diplomacy behind the scenes.

You, thinking this "revelation" counts as news, is what makes you an idiot. Savy?

Cypher
11-29-2010, 04:17 PM
They need to determine how he is getting the documents and plug that hole.

I don't see how this qualifies as free speech, first off he is not an American citizen operating out of the USA so our constitution does not apply to him. It seems like there would be local laws in Sweden or where ever the site is ran from to help prevent this from happening.

Secondly, if you steal a top secret government document and then put it on a website, is that really free speech?

Lysander
11-29-2010, 07:16 PM
Interesting bit of information, but it turns out the names and identities of people who might be in danger of this information being released was redacted before release by Wikileaks.

Even more interesting, to me, is that all this hubbub over the last two releases has managed to completely drown out some very useful, and infuriating information. In the first one, it was the fact that "we" (US leaders) knew that the Pakistani ISI was directly responsible for the aiding of the Taliban in actions against US forces and also planned and directed attacks against our troops. Confirmed to me what had long been suspected/rumored. What have we done to stop it? Just gave them more money. That to me is far more infuriating than anything else.

Yet it was all drowned out by screams of "Traitor!"

I can't wait to dig into these newest documents and see what bullshit we're getting sold on now.

justinsaneok
11-29-2010, 10:45 PM
That's pretty much how i see it. Besides they should be a little more careful with their dirty little secrets.

Or just do what's right.:laugh: Whats done in the dark will be brought to the light. And should be.

PROBASCO
11-29-2010, 11:09 PM
one of the things released bothers me. Why did the DEA give the afgan Vice Pres $52 million?

HDR
11-29-2010, 11:15 PM

All governments spy on each other. The Israelis spy on us, Europe and more. The Euros, Russians, and others spy on us as we spy on them. Focus on the good things... There were so many nations who believe we ought to cut the snake's (Iran) head off.

Compromising military matters is treason or espionage; either are punishable by execution. Especially when young warriors die as a result of the acts of treason or espionage.

As these leaks compromised the lives of NATO and other forces; charges of treason or espionage applies in those nations also.

Time to take the gloves off.

Lysander
11-29-2010, 11:15 PM
one of the things released bothers me. Why did the DEA give the afgan Vice Pres $52 million?

They didn't give it to him, they knew that he was leaving the country with it. Given who he is, it's probably drug money that he's laundering out of the country. Like most ME despots, the Karzais will steal everything that's not nailed to the floor and then blame the US when everything goes TU.

Blacksmith
12-02-2010, 10:44 AM
Your such a left wing shit head troll that no one even pays attention any more. Dont worry, I will. Shit head.

The little Fascist calling Kadmos a Troll! LMAO
Listen up SpermPool. Kadmos may be tipped slightly to the left, but he is not a Troll.
You on the other hand have shown us exactly what you are.